Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

So issue #20 is when everything goes horribly wrong?

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sales didn't got worse because of Kitty
    Well, the book was basically unreadable with her in charge but all of the x-books generally have sucked since Secret Wars.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

What if O.N.E. had found Nate’s dying body and kept it hidden in a base where only a select few like Emma and Mystique know about? So like the X-Men get freed but are still trapped in the body. I’m not under the influence.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What if O.N.E. had found Nate’s dying body and kept it hidden in a base where only a select few like Emma and Mystique know about? So like the X-Men get freed but are still trapped in the body. I’m not under the influence.
    Honestly, this is one of the more rational ideas I've heard about this.

I'm not on drugs, but I am sleep deprived and hyped up on sugar, so...

Am I the only one who really liked Havok in this preview??? I know I know surprised the hell outta me to

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Am I the only one who really liked Havok in this preview??? I know I know surprised the hell outta me to
    No! No, you're not. But obviously I'm really odd because I'm liking it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I think they are inside Life Seed, not Nate's body.

And I do not know who can have the Life Seed. Emma, Xavier, O.N.E.?

Ultimate Member

I think that Alex is just pointing out the flaws in Scott's logic that to him everyone else is just either ignoring or going along with without any hesitation or opposing opinion, kind of a if you have a problem with how things are being run then speak up...so Alex is...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that Alex is just pointing out the flaws in Scott's logic that to him everyone else is just either ignoring or going along with without any hesitation or opposing opinion, kind of a if you have a problem with how things are being run then speak up...so Alex is...
    We have not seen him propose an alternative beyond doing nothing.

Havok would seem less whiny if instead of "Scott, this is wrong" he would be constructive and say "Scott, we should do THIS".

Ultimate Member

Alex doesn't really get the chance to give an alternative, every time that he brings up a problem he's quickly cut off or the subject is changed...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Alex doesn't really get the chance to give an alternative, every time that he brings up a problem he's quickly cut off or the subject is changed...
    The difference between Alex and Logan is that Logan does propose things, that's why Scott listens to him. Logan tells him to go free The New Mutants, Logan proposes that they hide in the bar, Logan proposes that they wear uniforms.

Logan is a constructive second in command who brings ideas, alternatives and knowledge. When he does not agree with Scott, he proposes an alternative, and if Scott does not like it (like the idea of killing), he respects it. Alex only makes vague allusions to what Scott does wrong without specifying at all what he would do.

That is the difference between being critical and being a whiny

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The difference between Alex and Logan is that Logan does propose things, that's why Scott listens to him. Logan tells him to go free The New Mutants, Logan proposes that they hide in the bar, Logan proposes that they wear uniforms.

Logan is a constructive second in command who brings ideas, alternatives and knowledge. When he does not agree with Scott, he proposes an alternative, and if Scott does not like it (like the idea of killing), he respects it. Alex only makes vague allusions to what Scott does wrong without specifying at all what he would do.

That is the difference between being critical and being a whiny
    sadly havok is just there to make others look better, I suppose someone had to be sacrificed, angst writing seems to be all the rage at marvel according to the last 10 years.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    sadly havok is just there to make others look better.
    But the thing is that he's Rosenberg favorite. So, he's not there to make others look better intentionally, it's just bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But the thing is that he's Rosenberg favorite. So, he's not there to make others look better intentionally, it's just bad writing.
    well yes, he may like him but that doesn't mean that he doesn't like other characters more, I'm sure Rosemberg knows the difference between constructive advice and bitchy whining, at the moment I'd say Alex is pending heavily on the latter.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    well yes, he may like him but that doesn't mean that he doesn't like other characters more, I'm sure Rosemberg knows the difference between constructive advice and bitchy whining, at the moment I'd say Alex is pending heavily on the latter.
    No, Rosenberg said he's the FAVORITE. I think he's being unintentionally lame.