Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Someone mentioned it earlier and I think they're right - Cap may not be Cap. Mystique? And so far no explanation of him saying Scott should not trust Val.

Is this the issue with "Psylocke" nailing Logan with the psychic knife on the cover?
    Yes, Kwannon

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    So Polaris version of Alex is a whiny cry baby. Sour then sweet.
    I will pay good money to see that is Emma who makes Alex a baby
    It just dawned on me that Emma and Lorna totally got back at Scott for ruining their respective weddings. Nice move.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If there were any scientific mutants not named Hank McCoy they would not have that problem.

Dark Beast is a necessary evil because there is literally no one else. The only reasonable alternative to Dark Beast is for Scott to call Amadeus Cho or for Magik to call Moon Girl and they are both too young and innocent for what the X-Men need.
    Amadeus isn't innocent - he's 19 and has already been prosecuted in court for damage he did as the Hulk. The real reason for not calling him in is that Scott wouldn't want to interfere with the Champions' mission. You're right about Moon Girl though. That kid does sympathise with mutants, but she shouldn't be dragged into this mess.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Amadeus isn't innocent - he's 19 and has already been prosecuted in court for damage he did as the Hulk. The real reason for not calling him in is that Scott wouldn't want to interfere with the Champions' mission. You're right about Moon Girl though. That kid does sympathise with mutants, but she shouldn't be dragged into this mess.
    That too, but I still see Amadeus Cho too "soft" for the grimdark that is Uncanny X-Men right now. He would be out of place.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Not a bad preview.

I had no problems with Alex. His world is turned upside down. Mutants almost gone again, bro back from the dead, and now his brother lied to his previous teammate (or a possible imposter) about the status of their situation. Even Logan said these are tough choices. Alex questioning them and giving Scott alternatives or possible repercussions made sense to me.

I trust Hickman but unless its a solid plot, its going to feel weird going from the dark and grim almost extinct to mutants flourishing almost instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Not a bad preview.

I had no problems with Alex. His world is turned upside down. Mutants almost gone again, bro back from the dead, and now his brother lied to his previous teammate (or a possible imposter) about the status of their situation. Even Logan said these are tough choices. Alex questioning them and giving Scott alternatives or possible repercussions made sense to me.

I trust Hickman but unless its a solid plot, its going to feel weird going from the dark and grim almost extinct to mutants flourishing almost instantly.
    I have the feeling that Xavier is going to present himself to the X-Men as a false prophet and that he has orchestrated Age of X-Man and Uncanny from the beginning.

He is fucking their lives so much that they will not question him when he returns as a savior in their hour of greatest need.

I have the feeling that Xavier is going to present himself to the X-Men as a false prophet and that he has orchestrated Age of X-Man and Uncanny from the beginning.

He is fucking their lives so much that they will not question him when he returns as a savior in their hour of greatest need.
    The x-office's way of pretending Soule intentionally brought back Xavier as a straight up villain?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    I am really pleased to hear you say that MarvelMaster616, I think he gets too much negativity on this board and he is doing a great job.

Do you all want inhumans Vs xmen again?!??!!?? You will all get this if you keep saying mean things to rosenburgs on twitter!!
    Well, there are at least three of us. I suspect there are quite a few more. I'm really liking the whole thing so far. I really enjoy the way it's so fast moving and dark, in complete contrast to Age of X-Man. I am particularly enjoying the way Cyclops, Wolverine and Havok interact, the way the Dark Beast is so obviously scheming. Also the way some underused characters are being used.

Can't wait until Dark Beast has control of the rejuvanated Banshee, the New Mutants and Cyclops after having worked on them all. I honestly think that years from now this run will be remembered as the kick start the X-Men desperately needed.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    The x-office's way of pretending Soule intentionally brought back Xavier as a straight up villain?
    Sincerely after so many years of Xavier from Onslaught and all the retcon they have done, transforming him into the mutant version of The Maker seems the only logical alternative.

Every time we know something of his past is to make him a little worse person, like this week and how he screwed Namor's mind and had plans to transform all humans into mutants. And not to mention the things that decades ago was not so bad seen and nowadays they are creepy as fuck (Jean Gray and Gabrielle Heller)

like this week and how he screwed Namor's mind and had plans to transform all humans into mutants.

Every time we know something of his past is to make him a little worse person, like this week and how he screwed Namor's mind and had plans to transform all humans into mutants. And not to mention the things that decades ago was not so bad seen and nowadays they are creepy as fuck (Jean Gray and Gabrielle Heller)
    Dani Moonstar might have a thing or two to say about Dark Xavier and the Micronauts freakshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    In Invaders we see what Xavier did with Namor before forming the X-Men.

He was a jerk.

Near the end of the preview when alex complains why they are following the same leader that lead them to ruin, Is scott's response implying that he is handing over the leadership of the group.
    "Aim for the sun. That way if you miss, at least your arrow will fall far away, and the person it kills will likely be someone you don't know."
    -Hoid

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    Near the end of the preview when alex complains why they are following the same leader that lead them to ruin, Is scott's response implying that he is handing over the leadership of the group.
    No, it means that he will now listen to Alex's complaints.

Maybe Alex even proposes ideas instead of just whining.

Since dani is leading the x men in WotR and scott is going to appear in champions i thought that he would hand over command to dani in this issue.
    "Aim for the sun. That way if you miss, at least your arrow will fall far away, and the person it kills will likely be someone you don't know."
    -Hoid