Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    There is still a Maestro out there since Contest of Champions, right?

Maybe there will be an unholly alliance: Captain HYDRA, Maker, Maestro, Pymtron.
    I want this so much! Especially with the Maker!

Maybe there will be an unholly alliance: Captain HYDRA, Maker, Maestro, Pymtron.
    Is Dark Beast still around? An evil Illuminati sounds like a great idea.

Boisterously Confused

I've always liked Nightmare. If the rumors are true, I hope this is a good interpretation of him.

Idle thought with no basis in fact: Right now, everyone is assuming this will be a supervillain team-up thing. Alternatively, if Nightmare is the main baddy, perhaps an interesting twist would be him manipulating heroes in their sleep into doing something terrible when they wake.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Is Dark Beast still around? An evil Illuminati sounds like a great idea.
    Not reading X-Men? He's one of the primary characters; an unwilling guest of Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Not reading X-Men? He's one of the primary characters; an unwilling guest of Cyclops.
    I am not. I bailed soon after Claremont left. I tried a couple of runs like when Stacy X was around and the X-Statix as some of the Bendis All-New but generally I don't have much of a handle on them. But I'll dive in on Hickman's run and hope for the best.

omg, this would be EPIC. a whole team of heroes gone horribly wrong. Except Pymtron got blowed up by Galactus. and Maestro would need to be stitched back together. but even Just Maker and Stevil teaming up would be scary as all hell.

As for Nightmare, we are assuming that based on the one tweet with the word Nightmare capitalized, it may have just been a typo or autocorrect (Marvel editor having nightmare capitalized by default would not be that unusual) and the other side of things is the 'Acts of' seems to be in reference to Acts of Vengeance, which implies a villain teamup, most likely with the specific villains appearing based on who they are going after. Could be one or the other, or Nightmare be part of the teamup.

I think the villain teamup seems most likely because the image they released is CLEARLY referencing the original Acts of Vengeance, with the exact same font and everything:

So, if Nightmare is a part of it, he'd probably be there because he'd be considered part of one of the targeted characters rogues gallery. It may point to Strange being part of things, in that case. but when I think Strange arch nemesis, I have thoughts of Mordo, or Dormammu, Nightmare is part of his rogues gallery, yeah, but... And i have a hunch the earlier suggestion that this is an Avengers corner event, or maybe even just an Avengers arc, is probably correct, so may have to scratch Strange. It does seem kinda early for a new universe wide event, and yeah, it's a good point that the X-Men are likely sitting this one out. (Though, rolling in the FF would be cool so Maker and/or Doom could make the cut) So Nightmare may actually be there cus Loki. Loki doesn't exactly have a sprawling rogues gallery cus he's new to the whole hero thing, about all he's got is Mephisto, Nightmare, (mostly due to what happened with Kid Loki, but still) Malekith and Laufey. (and himself) and assuming Mephisto remains imprisoned in Vegas, 3 of those are probably gonna be out for the count as of the War of the Realms conclusion. But think about it. Loki orchestrated the original Acts of Vengeance, what if the real twist this time is he has to (with the Avengers, and his brother) fight someone using one of his old plans (one that failed, because expecting Magneto and Red Skull to work together was never going to work, but still) against him? We know he's not gonna stay dead, and he's not turning heel again for the immediate future, his solo announcement spoiled that. It called him a hero, he's got Mjolnir, and it said Thor is helping him with his 'new responsibilities'. one of those alone could be explained away as a trick or something, all 3 together, but especially Mjolnir? he's pulling a full face turn. So. If he joins the Avengers in the rotating slot, assuming Blade leaves to do his own thing after War of the Realms, it would work. And we could at the very least have them facing Stevil too, cus Cap. The problem there is that a lot of the other characters on the team suffer the same skimpy rogues gallery problem, so it would potentially be a bit light on big bads, though it could lead to some lesser known baddies stepping up their game and becoming big bads. Rolling the FF in could help solve that, too, with Maker and/or Doom.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I am not. I bailed soon after Claremont left.
    Left the first time?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    omg, this would be EPIC. a whole team of heroes gone horribly wrong. Except Pymtron got blowed up by Galactus. and Maestro would need to be stitched back together. but even Just Maker and Stevil teaming up would be scary as all hell.

As for Nightmare, we are assuming that based on the one tweet with the word Nightmare capitalized, it may have just been a typo or autocorrect (Marvel editor having nightmare capitalized by default would not be that unusual) and the other side of things is the 'Acts of' seems to be in reference to Acts of Vengeance, which implies a villain teamup, most likely with the specific villains appearing based on who they are going after. Could be one or the other, or Nightmare be part of the teamup.

I think the villain teamup seems most likely because the image they released is CLEARLY referencing the original Acts of Vengeance, with the exact same font and everything:

So, if Nightmare is a part of it, he'd probably be there because he'd be considered part of one of the targeted characters rogues gallery. It may point to Strange being part of things, in that case. but when I think Strange arch nemesis, I have thoughts of Mordo, or Dormammu, Nightmare is part of his rogues gallery, yeah, but... And i have a hunch the earlier suggestion that this is an Avengers corner event, or maybe even just an Avengers arc, is probably correct, so may have to scratch Strange. It does seem kinda early for a new universe wide event, and yeah, it's a good point that the X-Men are likely sitting this one out. (Though, rolling in the FF would be cool so Maker and/or Doom could make the cut) So Nightmare may actually be there cus Loki. Loki doesn't exactly have a sprawling rogues gallery cus he's new to the whole hero thing, about all he's got is Mephisto, Nightmare, (mostly due to what happened with Kid Loki, but still) Malekith and Laufey. (and himself) and assuming Mephisto remains imprisoned in Vegas, 3 of those are probably gonna be out for the count as of the War of the Realms conclusion. But think about it. Loki orchestrated the original Acts of Vengeance, what if the real twist this time is he has to (with the Avengers, and his brother) fight someone using one of his old plans (one that failed, because expecting Magneto and Red Skull to work together was never going to work, but still) against him? We know he's not gonna stay dead, and he's not turning heel again for the immediate future, his solo announcement spoiled that. It called him a hero, he's got Mjolnir, and it said Thor is helping him with his 'new responsibilities'. one of those alone could be explained away as a trick or something, all 3 together, but especially Mjolnir? he's pulling a full face turn. So. If he joins the Avengers in the rotating slot, assuming Blade leaves to do his own thing after War of the Realms, it would work. And we could at the very least have them facing Stevil too, cus Cap. The problem there is that a lot of the other characters on the team suffer the same skimpy rogues gallery problem, so it would potentially be a bit light on big bads, though it could lead to some lesser known baddies stepping up their game and becoming big bads. Rolling the FF in could help solve that, too, with Maker and/or Doom.
    Good point about Loki, especially if the theory about him maybe joining the Avengers is correct. Nightmare could be seen as a reverse of the current Loki and we did see him target kidLoki back in JiM.

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    Acts of Evil you say? I wish they would let "events" breath a little. Even if not completely connected to Marvel at large. I'm intrigued because I loved Acts of Vengeance and this seems to riff on that. Having Nightmare as the main villain is interesting. I do hope Stevil is used along with Zemo. Even better if a new Thunderbolts came out of this. We'll see soon enough I guess.
    This, this, this. Co-signed on this one
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    So, if Nightmare is a part of it, he'd probably be there because he'd be considered part of one of the targeted characters rogues gallery. It may point to Strange being part of things, in that case. but when I think Strange arch nemesis, I have thoughts of Mordo, or Dormammu, Nightmare is part of his rogues gallery, yeah, but... And i have a hunch the earlier suggestion that this is an Avengers corner event, or maybe even just an Avengers arc, is probably correct, so may have to scratch Strange. It does seem kinda early for a new universe wide event, and yeah, it's a good point that the X-Men are likely sitting this one out. (Though, rolling in the FF would be cool so Maker and/or Doom could make the cut) So Nightmare may actually be there cus Loki. Loki doesn't exactly have a sprawling rogues gallery cus he's new to the whole hero thing, about all he's got is Mephisto, Nightmare, (mostly due to what happened with Kid Loki, but still) Malekith and Laufey. (and himself) and assuming Mephisto remains imprisoned in Vegas, 3 of those are probably gonna be out for the count as of the War of the Realms conclusion.
    Mephisto definitely isn't still stuck in Vegas. Not reading Champions?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am behind on Champions so yeah, didn't know about that. Still, though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Mephisto definitely isn't still stuck in Vegas. Not reading Champions?

Was there any explanation as to why he wasn't still imprisoned in Vegas?

Astonishing Member

Bleeding Cool has posted the press release for Acts Of Evil. It will run across this years Annuals and, like AOV, will see heroes going up against villains they normally wouldn't.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...-acts-of-evil/

Seems Marvel are going back to when they did crossovers in the Annuals like they did in the late 80s/early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Was there any explanation as to why he wasn't still imprisoned in Vegas?
    No. Not in Champions anyway. Did he appear anywhere else after Damnation?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Seriously? Punisher and Venom...again?