Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Marvel teases "Acts Of Evil" event

Came here to discuss this and didn't see a thread for it. But Marvel are teasing a "Acts Of Evil" event for July. An obvious riff on "Acts Of Vengeance."

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-acts-of-evil-teaser

I hope that Zemo is involved. He's stepped it up since the Siege of Avengers mansion.

I'm hoping for Stevil. If it is following in the footsteps of Acts of Vengeance, as the article speculates, and it does make sense, then it will have several villains from the different franchises banding together. Loki is not available this time around to orchestrate it, looks like he will be on the other side this time, and Stevil seems like the type to do that.

could explain the abrupt reversion to bad guy for several ex villains recently, though. So I might expect Doom and Sabretooth for that reason.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-11-2019 at 03:05 PM.

I wish Marvel would hire legit typographers to make better mastheads and banners for these events. I'm supposed to get excited over a Hickman's hairline bisect of a standard X logo and now this clip art trash?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm fine with this event, couldn't it have waited? Are we even going to finish the War of the Realms by then?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm fine with this event, couldn't it have waited? Are we even going to finish the War of the Realms by then?
    WotR concludes in June, it's bi-weekly. (but yes, it is awfully quick)
    Last edited by Raye; 04-11-2019 at 03:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    WotR concludes in June, it's bi-weekly. (but yes, it is awfully quick)
    Well,they've to do something in between WoTR and absolute carnage. I pity MU normal people, especially new yorkers.

The Marvel equivalent to the "Year of the Villain?"

I'm hoping for Stevil. If it is following in the footsteps of Acts of Vengeance, as the article speculates, and it does make sense, then it will have several villains from the different franchises banding together. Loki is not available this time around to orchestrate it, looks like he will be on the other side this time, and Stevil seems like the type to do that.

could explain the abrupt reversion to bad guy for several ex villains recently, though. So I might expect Doom and Sabretooth for that reason.
    I wouldn't expect Sabretooth. The X-Men can't be involved with this, as it overlaps Hickman's minis and the fallout from Age of X-Man. Seems likely that this is an Avengers family event.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I'm hoping for Stevil.
    Yeeeesss! That would be epic.

I think it's a little soon for HydraCap to be the main villain or driving force of an event again, but that's just me.

And didn't Selene just take him out in the Captain America book?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Another event crammed into 2019? Is Marvel really that desperate for cash that they have to resort to these gimmicks? I thought the whole point post-Secret Empire was to minimise events and in doing so reduce consumer fatigue. Instead, we're up to at least 4 or 5 events in the same year now. This is just not sustainable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Another event crammed into 2019? Is Marvel really that desperate for cash that they have to resort to these gimmicks?
    I'm betting Marvel isn't desperate for cash. Just sayin'.

Also, fans have to stop referring to literally everything as a "gimmick."

Comic companies tend to, you know, publish comics. It's what they do.

There is no pre-set laws in publishing that say that any time a company publishes more titles than what some fans believe they should, that it's a "gimmick."

I thought the whole point post-Secret Empire was to minimise events and in doing so reduce consumer fatigue. Instead, we're up to at least 4 or 5 events in the same year now.
    For what it's worth, I highly doubt this an "event" per se. Probably a series of one-shots.

Marvel is doing a lot of things for their 80th anniversary to revisit past storylines and events and so on. This clearly is a hearkening back to Acts of Vengeance.

This is just not sustainable.
    As people chirp in with this type of declarative statement all the time, going back for years, while Marvel has continued on, I'm gonna say it is sustainable.

CBR missed this tease from Dana Schwartz (formerly of EW).

https://twitter.com/DanaSchwartzzz/s...18806488813568