Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    CBR missed this tease from Dana Schwartz (formerly of EW).

https://twitter.com/DanaSchwartzzz/s...18806488813568
    Nightmare for main villain confirmed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Marvel equivalent to the "Year of the Villain?"
    Same thought crossed my mind . . .

Marvel would never push Stevil like Batman Who Laughs because that would be interesting.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Marvel would never push Stevil like Batman Who Laughs because that would be interesting.
    Nick Spencer is also not writing the kind of flagship book where he could do with HydraCap what Snyder has done with the Batman Who Laughs .

I guess that's Aaron with Malekith...?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    As people chirp in with this type of declarative statement all the time, going back for years, while Marvel has continued on, I'm gonna say it is sustainable.
    Well, we all know you'll be first in line to buy every Marvel book this year but the rest of us have to be more discerning with our purchases. Comics aren't cheap, not anymore, every dollar spent on event books and one-shot tie-ins is a dollar not available to spend on regular comics. This is Marvel chasing short-term sales boosts at the expense of a sustainable comics industry and it can't go on like this forever, eventually Marvel's self-destructive business model will catchup with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    . . . This is Marvel chasing short-term sales boosts at the expense of a sustainable comics industry and it can't go on like this forever, eventually Marvel's self-destructive business model will catchup with them.
    Or it may wind up driving some smaller publishers out if people spend less money on, say, Dynamite or Dark Horse, because they're spending more of their limited $'s on Marvel.

Hard to say what may be more likely.

Extraordinary Member

I can't really blame Cebulski for these cash-grab events, since Alonso did them before him and it seems to be part of Marvel's current business model to pump out as many events as it can. I just wish they would at least come up with new ones instead of recycling the titles or concepts of old ones. Ever since Secret Wars it's been one event after another that refers back to an older event.

why are we talking like this is some line wide or even full corner thing lol
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I think you guys are taking this a bit too seriously.

This is probably just a fun little mini-event that will lead into Carnage a bit.

BANNED

Well, we all know you'll be first in line to buy every Marvel book this year but the rest of us have to be more discerning with our purchases.
    No, I actually have a budget and also have to be discerning with my purchases.

I just don't get pissed when Marvel announces a bunch of new books because I have no intention of buying everything they publish.

If I can't afford something or a book simply doesn't interest me and I pass on it, it's no big deal. Who the hell wants to buy everything that any one publisher puts out?

Comics aren't cheap, not anymore, every dollar spent on event books and one-shot tie-ins is a dollar not available to spend on regular comics.
    So don't buy the event books and one-shots. Pretty easy, right?

Worrying about you want to buy and not what everyone else chooses to buy will make comics become a much simpler hobby for you.

This is Marvel chasing short-term sales boosts at the expense of a sustainable comics industry and it can't go on like this forever, eventually Marvel's self-destructive business model will catchup with them.
    If only everyone who confidentially predicts an impending collapse of the industry would just hold their breath waiting for that to happen.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I'm interested. I wonder how this will work without the X-Men villains. Of course, there are enough other villains, but still, I would sort of like Loki to meet Apocalypse and have a followup to their talk/fight from the old series.

That being said, them dealing with HydraSteven also needs to happen.

So we know a title (Acts of Evil) and a possible main villain (Nightmare) and it's in July. I don't even have enough to formulate an opinion on this yet. The solicits for July are going to be interesting reading.

Will probably be a pretty minor mini-series and not a BIG EVENT.

Remember when "Big Bad Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History" was announced? Lots of complaints and speculation then too, but now it's completely forgotten.

Nightmare's not someone I dislike. but he's never drawn me into a story either. that's kind of disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Will probably be a pretty minor mini-series and not a BIG EVENT.

Remember when "Big Bad Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History" was announced? Lots of complaints and speculation then too, but now it's completely forgotten.
    Honestly, if NIghtmare is the main villain I'm doubting it's a big company wide event. No offense to Nightmare.