Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

So... no Stevil (at least so far) it seems kind of random, rather than something orchestrated. Seeing new matchups can be interesting, but it would be more likely to have a lasting impact if it was done by the the main series writers, in annuals by someone else it's likely to just be forgotten rather than add a new baddie to their rogues gallery.

I was kind of expecting this to be a bigger deal rather then just some random annuals with a similar theme, but I guess people would probably have complained if that were the case anyways...

We don't have the full solicits for July yet, so it may be there is more to it than just the annuals, i guess. this: “You know what everyone says is worse than the devil? The devil you don’t know!” does make me think they may be teasing Mephisto though, and if he is free...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was kind of expecting this to be a bigger deal rather then just some random annuals with a similar theme, but I guess people would probably have complained if that were the case anyways...
    I mean, these were teased via Twitter shitposts.

They all look fun, though.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No. Not in Champions anyway. Did he appear anywhere else after Damnation?
    I know he was in Deadpool and I believe he was implied in Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    So... no Stevil (at least so far) it seems kind of random, rather than something orchestrated. Seeing new matchups can be interesting, but it would be more likely to have a lasting impact if it was done by the the main series writers, in annuals by someone else it's likely to just be forgotten rather than add a new baddie to their rogues gallery.
    The press release does imply that the various match-ups aren't entirely random (although it does seem like it so far) and that they will culminate in an ending we won't see coming. Supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    There is still a Maestro out there since Contest of Champions, right?

Maybe there will be an unholly alliance: Captain HYDRA, Maker, Maestro, Pymtron.
    It'd be curious to see Maestro tangle with the 'devil' Hulk.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

The story being in Marvel Annuals Stories is interesting.Atlantis Attacks was a event that took place in Marvel Annuals stories and was a great read for example.
    But from the first three stories this looks skippable to me.I am only trade waiting Venom from the the first three Annuals stories and i barely knew who Lady Hellbender was.But i am looking forward to know about the other stories because the theme of Acts of Vengeance can make for some interesting stories for sure.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Please tell me this is an event where we're introduced to a reverse multiverse where all of the heroes are villainous and heinously evil, while the villains are all heroes and more often than not on the losing end. Who knows, Hela as the Goddess of Life could be interesting.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    With what is going on in Cap's own book...it looks like Red Skull may be taking over Stevil's body.

I do wish they would spread these events out though. Give us a few years between and let things settle down and work on the characters on their own.