Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Question about these SW figures

Does anyone know what year these are from? There are no dates on the bottom of the figures.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

What figures?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Force Ghost Wampa?
    Yeah I don't see it either.

Hey guys. Sorry about that. Here's the pic:

20190411_134239.jpg

20190411_134321.jpg

20190411_134330.jpg
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

iMan 42s

Unless its a re-release this looks to be a series of Kenner figures as early as 1978 to 1980.

Ben Kenobi looks to be 1978
    Both Tusken Raiders (Sand people) would be 1978
    And Bossk is 1980

Ben Kenobi looks to be missing the lightsaber potion of the toy and that's unsurprising given that many at this point in time don't.
    The Sand people are also missing a jacket (a thing Kenner commonly used to represent capes and robes)
    Bossk seems to be missing his blaster
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Unless its a re-release this looks to be a series of Kenner figures as early as 1978 to 1980.

Ben Kenobi looks to be 1978
    Both Tusken Raiders (Sand people) would be 1978
    And Bossk is 1980

Ben Kenobi looks to be missing the lightsaber potion of the toy and that's unsurprising given that many at this point in time don't.
    The Sand people are also missing a jacket (a thing Kenner commonly used to represent capes and robes)
    Bossk seems to be missing his blaster
    Didn't the originals have the date stamped on the bottom of the figures though?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Didn't the originals have the date stamped on the bottom of the figures though?
    It can vary with some of them being featured inside or around the cape/coat. The Sandpeople may very well possess that feature but Bossk and Ben don't.

However it's also equally possible that these are actually Chinese and not actual Kenner products. They would have them (typically) along the back of the legs with a printing of COO (Country of origin) and the year the figure was produced. If it reads China and produced between 1977-78 it's a fake or an unlawful production. Most figures are produced in Hong Kong with some produced in Taiwan during the original run.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

These figures don't have any markings on them at all. No dates, no country it was made in. Nothing.

I just can't figure them out.

iMan 42s

I hate to say it but there might not be an answer as to why they lack them and the business decision to forgo them. As it turns out, it is a problem on a lot of Kenner Starwars.

Ben Kenobi and the Sandpeople do have runs that just don't but are probably no older than 1978.
    Bossk had a problem where between Latin America and Europe they would sometimes forgo that detail and even the accompanying card didn't help to alleviate dates as it was produced in other countries at different times. It basically means that Bossk is particularly difficult to gauge a date for.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I hate to say it but there might not be an answer as to why they lack them and the business decision to forgo them. As it turns out, it is a problem on a lot of Kenner Starwars.

Ben Kenobi and the Sandpeople do have runs that just don't but are probably no older than 1978.
    Bossk had a problem where between Latin America and Europe they would sometimes forgo that detail and even the accompanying card didn't help to alleviate dates as it was produced in other countries at different times. It basically means that Bossk is particularly difficult to gauge a date for.
    Thank you SIM