Default Mr Hyde vs Bionic Bigfoot

Mr Hyde(Agents of SHIELD) vs Bionic Bigfoot

The problem is that the AoS version of Hyde has almost no feats. I think forcing his way through a sealed door or maybe lifting the front or back end of a car was about it. Bionic Bigfoot was ripping trees out of the ground and throwing objects hundreds of yards. And, yes, Steve Austin ripped his arm off but that was a seriously low showing for Bigfoot considering that he was coming off as stronger and more durable that even Austin was in all other ways. Bigfoot was at high end shrugging off the hits of a guy who routinely smashes through brick walls. He had his low end too but even his low end was getting beaten by Steve Austin, a guy who would rip MCU Hyde apart.
    Power with Girl is better.

Bionics Bigfoot easily turned over that big Army truck. I think he is a lot tougher and more durable than people realize, as his entire body is bionic.

Incredible Member

Forgive my ignorance but where is this "Bionic Bigfoot" character from?

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but where is this "Bionic Bigfoot" character from?
    He's from the 1970s television series, "The Six Million Dollar Man".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    He's from the 1970s television series, "The Six Million Dollar Man".
    Thanks.

I remember that show. I must have stopped watching before Bigfoot appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Thanks.

I remember that show. I must have stopped watching before Bigfoot appeared.
    That was towards the end of the third season. He appeared again in a two-parter that led off the next season starting on the SMDM and concluding on "The Bionic Woman". The season after that, he made a final appearance although only in the first two parter was he played by Andre the Giant. Ted Cassidy played him after that. Except for the Jaime Sommers episodes, the Bigfoot stuff is generally the height of the SMDM.

I have the DVDs and just watched the original Bigfoot two-parter for the first time in decades.

That was towards the end of the third season. He appeared again in a two-parter that led off the next season starting on the SMDM and concluding on "The Bionic Woman". The season after that, he made a final appearance although only in the first two parter was he played by Andre the Giant. Ted Cassidy played him after that. Except for the Jaime Sommers episodes, the Bigfoot stuff is generally the height of the SMDM.

I have the DVDs and just watched the original Bigfoot two-parter for the first time in decades.
    Well, there is also the 7 Million Dollar Man, Maskatron, Death Probe and pt 2 of "Kill Oscar" with the Fembots! I consider all of these the heights too!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, there is also the 7 Million Dollar Man, Maskatron, Death Probe and pt 2 of "Kill Oscar" with the Fembots! I consider all of these the heights too!
    7 million was Monte Markham as Barney Hiller, wasn't it?

7 million was Monte Markham as Barney Hiller, wasn't it?
    Yeah, it was Monte Marham. They changed his last name to "Hiller" as originally it was "Miller", but there was a new TV show with a "Barney Miller" name and character.

Monte almost got a spin off show as the 7Million Dollar Man. As good as Steve Austin was, Barney's extra bionic arm added so much power to the character, plus, he was supposed to be stronger than Steve due to new bionic upgrades. Maybe nte and some execs really wanted the show, but alas, it never got made. I would have loved to see some episodes of that!

Yeah, it was Monte Marham. They changed his last name to "Hiller" as originally it was "Miller", but there was a new TV show with a "Barney Miller" name and character.

Monte almost got a spin off show as the 7Million Dollar Man. As good as Steve Austin was, Barney's extra bionic arm added so much power to the character, plus, he was supposed to be stronger than Steve due to new bionic upgrades. Maybe nte and some execs really wanted the show, but alas, it never got made. I would have loved to see some episodes of that!
    I KNEW IT!!!!! I swore that, in his first appearance, his name was Miller. Then, in the second appearance, it was Hiller and I thought the same thing, that it was because the Barney Miller show (which was one of the greatest shows ever made) started between his two appearances.

I had never heard of him getting his own spinoff which I guess makes sense as you mentioned that it never got done. There were a number of attempted spinoffs. As far as I know, the Bionic Woman was the only one that happened. There was one about a guy with a computer-like memory that was intended as a spinoff but didn't get done. There was an episode called "The Bionic Boy" that was going to be a spinoff but Lee Majors threatened to quit if there were any more spinoffs which he felt saturated the market and would cause quicker loss of interest in the whole idea. There was even a live action Saturday morning show called "Bigfoot and Wild Boy" but there was never any origin that I know of or any connection to the bionic shows.

Interesting to note that Monte Markham was Martin Caidin's choice for the role of Austin but they felt he had a slightly villainous look.
    When Majors considered quitting after season 4, Caidin again suggested replacing him with Markham although, by that point, he probably meant as Miller/ Hiller, not as Austin.

Yes to all you wrote. I really liked Monte, buy yes, at times his eyes and nose gave that villain look! Plus, he sweated too much--much more than Lee-- Barney's pits were always soaked!

I think Lee Majors was afraid of 2 things: 1) the 7 Million Dollar Man would have been hugely popular, maybe more than his show--a real Bionic Superman. 2) Sharing the wealth! Lee was exceptionally mad when Lindsay Wagner renegotiated her contract to get about what he made per episode.

The Bionic Boy, while good idea for episode, probably would have been a dull show as all he could do was run/jump. And of course I would have wanted more of Joan Can Ark in the show as his sister, but she would have been busy on Knots Landing. Or worse yet, turned that down for a short-lived Bionic Boy series.

However....I put together myself that the idea of the Bionics used for the Bionic Boy---was later expanded upon when they did the second Reunion movie with the Bionic Girl Kate Mason!

Bigfoot and Wildboy were not related to the series in any way, but capitalized on the Bigfoot craze of the day. However, that Bigfoot did look, act and seem to have the same raw power as Bionic Bigfoot!

Yes to all you wrote. I really liked Monte, buy yes, at times his eyes and nose gave that villain look! Plus, he sweated too much--much more than Lee-- Barney's pits were always soaked!
    True and I think Lee Majors and Lindsay Wagner had some good on-screen chemistry. Not sure it would have worked as well with Monte.

I think Lee Majors was afraid of 2 things: 1) the 7 Million Dollar Man would have been hugely popular, maybe more than his show--a real Bionic Superman. 2) Sharing the wealth! Lee was exceptionally mad when Lindsay Wagner renegotiated her contract to get about what he made per episode.
    He was making 300 thousand per year. She didn't even want to do "The Bionic Woman" as a regular series. According to an interview from the time, they kept pressuring her and she finally told her agent to tell them she would not do it for less than 500 thousand a season. It was just a way of getting them to stop. Then her agent called her and he believed she should start taking this role seriously because they agreed to that price. Yeah, Majors was seriously infuriated. But his contract was up at the end of the season and he got 600 thousand to continue. Interestingly, they became good friends later and even recently did a low budget movie together about an elderly man and an elderly woman who have lost their spouses and started dating each other. By the way, it is neither here nor there but I've been re-watching the shows recently and I have to say I had forgotten how absolutely gorgeous she was.

The Bionic Boy, while good idea for episode, probably would have been a dull show as all he could do was run/jump. And of course I would have wanted more of Joan Can Ark in the show as his sister, but she would have been busy on Knots Landing. Or worse yet, turned that down for a short-lived Bionic Boy series.

However....I put together myself that the idea of the Bionics used for the Bionic Boy---was later expanded upon when they did the second Reunion movie with the Bionic Girl Kate Mason!

Bigfoot and Wildboy were not related to the series in any way, but capitalized on the Bigfoot craze of the day. However, that Bigfoot did look, act and seem to have the same raw power as Bionic Bigfoot!
    I think the success of the Bionic Bigfoot is what led to the Saturday morning show although it was a different version.

That Bionic Boy stuff and Max the Bionic Dog led to a friend of mine coming up with a joke.

Back in the 1970s, there was a show called "Ninja Man".
    It was highly successful so they decided his wife was also a ninja and they had a show called "Ninja Woman".
    That too was a big success so the network decided their son would train as a ninja and so they had the spinoff, "Ninja Boy".
    Even that hit it big so their daughter also became a ninja and we had the show, "Ninja Girl".
    When even that was a success, it was decided that the family dog had been watching them practice and so we got, "Ninja Dog".
    Then someone suggested the family cat was also watching them practice and they could do a spinoff called "Ninja Cat".
    But, at that point, the network executives decided that they didn't want to get ridiculous about it.

Incredible Member

Cool. Thanks very much.