Page 599 of 667 FirstFirst ... 99499549589595596597598599600601602603609649 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,985 of 10005

Holy shitballs ... now I wanna see DEM NOM/Pelosi 2020.

That was a pimp slap and half.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

If I could have my way, there'd be enough complicit GoP senators starting with #MoscowMitch caught up in the impeachment to put Pelosi in the presidency and give a Dem majority in the Senate. It's a total pipe dream, but it'd be nice

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    If I could have my way, there'd be enough complicit GoP senators starting with #MoscowMitch caught up in the impeachment to put Pelosi in the presidency and give a Dem majority in the Senate. It's a total pipe dream, but it'd be nice
    I would not rule it out. I still believe what we have seen so far is the tip of the iceberg, and most of it will come out over the next 3 months.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

And it was sadly necessary. McCarthy's dumb ass actually was asking for the White House to have input into the impeachment inquiry.

As in, "Now, now Democrats... let's let the crime boss oversee the police investigation into his crimes, please?"

That motherf***er deserved the pimp slap he got from Nancy.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Speaking of Turtle Boy, haven’t heard much from him lately. Has Trump’s incessant ravings left Mitch so flustered he’s had to keep a low profile while he figures out what to do next?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Seems like you don't know what a "high crime or misdemeanor" is.

It can be any crime committed that can be directly linked to his office, so if he committed perjury in relation to his role as VP that's a high crime/misdemeanor.
    I'm familiar with the term and the debate about it. Some of the arguments are that it refers to things that could otherwise be legal, but are illegal when committed by a person in high power. Others suggest something different.

One article gives six potential definitions with different implications.
    1. Whatever Congress Says It Means
    2. "Political crimes" (limited to involving the misuse of politician's official powers "If, for instance, the president accepts a bribe, it’s a political crime; if he shoots his wife, it is not.")
    3. “Crimes Against the State"- The crimes that attack the very core of the state’s apparatus/ justice system
    4. Offenses to Public Sensibilities
    5. Transgressions As Serious As Treason or Bribery
    6. Transgressions Less Serious Than Treason or Bribery

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...p-impeach.html

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    We need to have a conversation about alcoholism in the Republican party.

Giuliani most likely has a serious problem.

Now even FoxNews hosts start interrupting GOP talking heads like Lewandowski, asking him if he is drunk.
    This has been suspected for a while. An interview with his ex-wife hinted at the possibility.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018...i-divorce.html

I posted about it at the time.

Do you think that 'belief that they are doing the right thing' excuses many criminal activities? Specifically extortion of Ukraine, encouraging & requesting foreign interference in our elections, and obstruction of justice in Trump's case.
    I don't believe it excuses anyone, just that it allows for a defense, especially since some of these questions are about the President's motives.

His defenders can say that it isn't foreign interference in elections, as much as it is a President inquiring about things that, if true, represent national security interests.

It isn't true, but the President doesn't necessarily know that. He does believe weird stuff that has largely been debunked.

https://slate.com/technology/2019/09...-dnc-hack.html
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...kraine-dilemma

The "he believes in weird conspiracy theories" defense only works in the context of explaining his motives. It wouldn't justify every potential action.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

WE GOT A RUNNER! Send out the call WBE!

BREAKING: Rick Perry expected to resign

I wonder why?

Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who has met on at least three occasions with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, has pledged to cooperate with House Democrats in their impeachment probe. "We are going to work with Congress and answer all their questions."

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Rick Perry isn't going down with the ship, and he's probably cooperating to save his own ass.

Still, we'll add him to the list of Trump Cabinet members who are bailing, and thus:

Who's left of Trump's original Cabinet, at this point? Steven Mnuchin, Betsy DeVos, Ben Carson, Elaine Chao and the sleeping body or corpse of Wilbur Ross. Only 5 of the 22 have even lasted the first 2 years and 9 months.

All of the five who are left should have resigned from corruption scandals that would have taken down previous holders of their offices.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The "he believes in weird conspiracy theories" defense only works in the context of explaining his motives.
    His motive is that he's a criminal liar who believes in winning by any means necessary, just like many in the party he now presides over.

Even if it means subverting or destroying our democracy in the process.

-----
    "If conservatives become convinced that they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy."
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 10-03-2019 at 06:44 PM.

...guys Jacob Wohl is doing it again...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ponse-n1062211

A far-right activist tried to levy bogus and salacious allegations against Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Thursday — but she apparently had a plan for that, too.
    The Massachusetts Democrat and 2020 contender tweeted a subtle jab at right-wing conspiracy theorist Jacob Wohl after the Trump supporter claimed that 70-year-old Warren had an affair with a 24-year-old sex worker and Marine.

"It's always a good day to be reminded that I got where I am because a great education was available for $50 a semester at the University of Houston (go Cougars!)," tweeted Warren in what some social media users saw as a veiled reference to a term for a relationship between an older woman and a younger man. "We need to cancel student debt and make college free for everyone who wants it."

Warren is an alumna of the University of Houston, where she was both a law professor in 1980s and an undergraduate student in the late 1960s.

Wohl has a history of claiming to have uncovered lewd allegations against a number of prominent Democrats and other perceived enemies of President Donald Trump. He once attempted to smear special counsel Robert Mueller with false sexual assault allegations. He also concocted an unfounded sexual assault allegation against Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana.
    In February, he was suspended from Twitter when the site accused him of operating a ring of fake accounts. Wohl was also recently charged in California for the illegal sale of securities and is due in court on Oct. 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

At least he's consistent about sitting on his balls all the time.

In a class move, Sen. Elizabeth Warren bought dinners for all of Sen. Sanders' campaign staff while he was hospitalized.

It also shows she's a real baller. It's "thinking of you all right now", and it's also, "Psst... if he has to drop out, don't work for Biden. I got you, fam."

This is clearly the sort of savvy politico you want running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    At least he's consistent about sitting on his balls all the time.
    When he's not busy photoshopping himself against the same background while claiming to be in different countries.

Yes, he did that too. He really is the worst at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

Elizabeth Warren tweeted about her college football team, the Houston Cougars.

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1179851099978846209

It's a funny response to the most bullshit allegation ever.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

After receiving a trove of important documents from the first of the state department witnesses, my fellow chairs and I highlight some of those deserving of the most attention and what is at stake.

Read them here: Link to Files
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.