Page 76 of 667 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176576 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...67530828173313

I hope you all know that the Kentucky Derby travesty was a result of all of your liberal political correctness. See what you all did!
    Honestly, we should probably consider outlawing horse racing.

(Dog racing too . . . although that's started to happen a bit. And it is illegal in Canada.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If you think anything I said is inaccurate, by all means point it out. The objection seems to be that I'm on the wrong side, rather than the merits of the specific argument.
    In this instance, you're defending Donald Trump's affinity for white nationalists.

This isn't about the leftys ganging up on you because you're the one who admits to being a Republican. You're defending a president embracing white nationalists. Regardless of if you were Republican, Libertarian, Democrat, Green Party, or a member of any party, that's disappointing. There is no civil discourse where that does not place you on the wrong side of a political argument, Mets.

And y'know what? A little secret... you don't have to play defense out of some reflex for these ***holes. You can read a post, see someone in your party doing something atrocious, and tell yourself, "Y'know, that's fair criticism. Maybe there's no reason to rush to defend a white nationalist."

Never forget that's an option.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I don’t think it’s a matter of compliant Republicans in Congress tolerating Trump, in my opinion, they either agree with his madness or are afraid of going against him because of the power he wields with his brainless lemmings who are more loyal to him than the party. I suspect that if Trump were to subvert the Constitution to stay in power, Republicans will more than likely look the other way rather than stop him.
    My hope is that the people in his administration who've been ignoring his worst directives on the DL will step up and resist should the situation call for it. I wouldn't bet the farm on it tho.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

I'd say they are both, competent and incompetent.
    They're intentionally incompetent. They've spent the last forty years telling us that government can't do anything right and we should leave things to the private sector, so they get into government and make sure that it can't do anything right, so we'll gladly hand things over to the private sector.

Trump’s diabolical plan to blow up democracy, get reelected and avoid jail just might work | Will Bunch

ow did Donald Trump’s most recent week go?

Let’s see ... his recently handpicked attorney general William Barr was accused of committing a crime by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and seems on the brink of a contempt of Congress citation. A growing chorus of influential Democrats say the disclosures in the finally mostly released Mueller Report and the administration’s growing defiance of Congress may leave no other choice but impeachment. And the 2020 Democrat that Trump seems to fear most -- former vice president Joe Biden -- has emerged as his party’s clear front-runner for the nomination.

So I know what you’re thinking and you’re probably right: This was the best week, for Trump, out of his crisis-soaked 119 weeks in the White House.

Some of the reasons that Trump can light up a celebratory cigar on whatever taxpayer-reimbursed golf green he’s bilking us at as I write this are – in part – the conventional ones. By every traditional measure, the economy is booming (and we’ll defer the conversation about gig-working, rent-and-college-debt-drowning millennials for another day.) With that, and with Trump’s idiot-savant political skills in getting Barr to roll out the Mueller Report findings to deaden any blows and somehow portray himself as a victim, the president has risen to 46 percent approval in the Gallup poll. That’s highest of his presidency -- and equal to the number that got Trump elected on Nov. 8, 2016.
    But the most significant development for Trump’s 2020 reelection bid is something else that came into clear focus over the course of the week: The president has a plan for survival. It involves essentially shredding the Constitution, demolishing the government of “checks and balances” that was envisioned by the Founders, and promoting a crisis that will leave Americans angry and, at least psychologically, poised for a civil war. That sounds scary but the scariest part is: It just might work: Not for the nation, of course, but for Trump, which in Trumpland is the only outcome that matters.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

https://berniesanders.com/revitalizing-rural-america/

Sanders has unveiled his plan to "Revitalize Rural America." (It's actually pretty comprehensive.)

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    In this instance, you're defending Donald Trump's affinity for white nationalists.

This isn't about the leftys ganging up on you because you're the one who admits to being a Republican. You're defending a president embracing white nationalists. Regardless of if you were Republican, Libertarian, Democrat, Green Party, or a member of any party, that's disappointing. There is no civil discourse where that does not place you on the wrong side of a political argument, Mets.

And y'know what? A little secret... you don't have to play defense out of some reflex for these ***holes. You can read a post, see someone in your party doing something atrocious, and tell yourself, "Y'know, that's fair criticism. Maybe there's no reason to rush to defend a white nationalist."

Never forget that's an option.
    I didn't defend "Donald Trump's affinity for white nationalists." I'm arguing that the evidence used to support that point is rather flawed.

If you think your criticism is fair and accurate, make that case. Demonstrate where I countered, prior to your post here, that it's okay for President Trump to amplify hatemongers, or where I said he's an ignorant, senile, idiot.

You could also say why you disagree with my idea that we shouldn't expect politicians to be familiar with the likes of Lauren Southern.

If you're discussing President Trump's flaws, you shouldn't have to exxaggerate, or make stuff up.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I don't think we have to worry about the moron staying in office past his time, there seems to be nowhere in the world he'd rather be less than in the White House.

I didn't defend "Donald Trump's affinity for white nationalists." I'm arguing that the evidence used to support that point is rather flawed.

If you think your criticism is fair and accurate, make that case. Demonstrate where I countered, prior to your post here, that it's okay for President Trump to amplify hatemongers, or where I said he's an ignorant, senile, idiot.

You could also say why you disagree with my idea that we shouldn't expect politicians to be familiar with the likes of Lauren Southern.

If you're discussing President Trump's flaws, you shouldn't have to exxaggerate, or make stuff up.
    Trump tweets white nationistic rgetoric and white nationalist groups.

That was easy, anyone for tea ?

Invincible Member

Candace Owens steps down as communications director of Turning Points USA
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ning-point-usa

Don't worry, she still has her Pager U "show"!

If you retweet someone else, you should be familiar with that someone else. At least enough to know whether or not you agree with the tweet. Why would anyone retweet something without knowing if they agree with it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Trump tweets white nationistic rgetoric and white nationalist groups.

That was easy, anyone for tea ?
    This.

Also, presidents have teams of advisers who are supposed to keep them informed and avoid his sort of thing.
    Also, anyone, a president or otherwise, can do a goddamned Google search.

If you'd like to not be called out for playing defense for individuals who shared the views of white nationalists... again... You can choose to criticize him for it, you can choose to ignore it, or just avoid ending up defend Trump, or other members like Steve King when they do things like this.

Hell, a wiser man might notice a pattern, instead of falling into a habit of ending up on this side of the debate, and acting surprised when it keeps happening.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Trump retweets Jerry Falwell Jr. suggesting his term should be extended by two years

President Trump on Sunday retweeted a post from Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. that said Trump’s first term should be extended by two years as payback "for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup."

Falwell, an avid and vocal supporter of Trump, was alluding to the recently completed investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election that special counsel Robert Mueller conducted.

"After the best week ever for @realDonaldTrump - no obstruction, no collusion, NYT admits @BarackObama did spy on his campaign, & the economy is soaring. I now support reparations-Trump should have 2 yrs added to his 1st term as pay back for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup," Falwell tweeted.

Trump followed up the retweet with tweets of his own alleging two years of his presidency were "stollen" that "we will never be able to get back."
    Yeah, right. Two years in prison seems more fitting for Trump.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Despite the tremendous success that I have had as President, including perhaps the greatest ECONOMY and most successful first two years of any President in history, they have stollen two years of my (our) Presidency (Collusion Delusion) that we will never be able to get back.....
    Even my spellchecker here online caught that. Does he just ignore or have autocorrect off?

....The Witch Hunt is over but we will never forget. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
    That word usage seems very wrong.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I don't think we have to worry about the moron staying in office past his time, there seems to be nowhere in the world he'd rather be less than in the White House.
    You might be right. Problem is, Trump’s monstrous ego won’t allow him to quit, and his appetite for power has him longing for another term, perhaps more if he could only subvert the Constitutional rule that only allows him to serve two terms. Trump wants to be president for life like his buddies Kim and Putin, if he can find a way to make it happen, he will.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!