Page 95 of 667 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195595 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 10005

Twitter thread

Here’s the Deutsche Bank subpoena for the President’s financial and tax records (from the Intelligence and Financial Services committees):

and here’s the motion where the committees explain how the subpoenas fit into what they’re investigating

and here's the subpoena to Capital One -- this one's from the Financial Services Committee alone, not jointly with Intelligence:
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Barr Assigns U.S. Attorney in Connecticut to Review Origins of Russia Inquiry

WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr has assigned the top federal prosecutor in Connecticut to examine the origins of the Russia investigation, according to two people familiar with the matter, a move that President Trump has long called for but that could anger law enforcement officials who insist that scrutiny of the Trump campaign was lawful.

John H. Durham, the United States attorney in Connecticut, has a history of serving as a special prosecutor investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials, including the F.B.I.’s ties to a crime boss in Boston and accusations of C.I.A. abuses of detainees.

His inquiry is the third known investigation focused on the opening of an F.B.I. counterintelligence investigation during the 2016 presidential campaign into possible ties between Russia’s election interference and Trump associates.

The department’s inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, is separately examining investigators’ use of wiretap applications and informants and whether any political bias against Mr. Trump influenced investigative decisions. And John W. Huber, the United States attorney in Utah, has been reviewing aspects of the Russia investigation. His findings have not been announced.
    I hope this goes the way of Trump's Election Fraud investigation [Millions of illegals voted in California] --> no where.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Just be glad you're not British and have to profile Sargon of Akkad.

I like this trend of milkshaking fascists.

Be prepared for Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson to clutch their pearls over Sargon's "free speech."

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    someone filmed an antiisrael video outside my synagogue calling for protests....there will now have to be a police prescence going forward at the synagouge
    And yet according to Candace Owens, the rise is hate crimes is a trick by the democrats to get black votes.

Trump Targets Pell Grant Money For NASA’s Budget Boost

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration is hoping to shift money for Pell Grants for college education to fund new spending, including a $1.6 billion bump for NASA.

Under a budget amendment sent Monday evening to Congress, the administration would use an additional $1.9 billion in surplus Pell Grant money to fund other budget priorities, including an infusion of new cash for NASA “so that we can return to Space in a BIG WAY!” President Donald Trump tweeted.
    I'm a big fan of NASA, have been since the Moon Landings, however this is not the way to fund them. 'Let's put a lot of money into NASA, but nothing into the education needed to create the scientists, engineers, and technicians needed to actually do anything there.'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hungary’s Viktor Orbán Is Shunned By European Neighbors, Finds Love From Trump

Orbán has attacked the judiciary, taken over the free press and led anti-Semitic assaults, including against a major university, but Trump praised him lavishly. Caramel Caligula sure loves dictators, mainly because he wants to BE one.
    But trump supporters tell me trump loves Israel and Jewish Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Barr Assigns U.S. Attorney in Connecticut to Review Origins of Russia Inquiry

I hope this goes the way of Trump's Election Fraud investigation [Millions of illegals voted in California] --> no where.
    No, no, no, no, no. That's not how it went.

Dozens of high-profile GOP members and their supporters, including Trump family members like Ivanka, were caught up in illegal voting schemes or illegally registered to vote. The committee resigned slowly after determining the GOP had to clean house for voting and since most were the ones doing it ... well ... they ended the committee as quietly as they could.

It was the first of many self-owns by this Daffy Duck administration.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump Targets Pell Grant Money For NASA’s Budget Boost

I'm a big fan of NASA, have been since the Moon Landings, however this is not the way to fund them. 'Let's put a lot of money into NASA, but nothing into the education needed to create the scientists, engineers, and technicians needed to actually do anything there.'
    And that's on top of that Space Force nonsense Trump cooked up and figures to flush billions more down the toilet. Hell, to be honest, I'm surprised he didn't funnel Pell Grant money into funding his half-assed border wall, or maybe Dolt45 will rob another worthwhile pot of money for his ultimate vanity project.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Some days I feel particularly masochistic and go and read user comments under any of Omar Ilhan's posts.

His Tarrifs will now make any non visual gaming (video games) 25% more expensive. Like CCGs/RPGs or Wargames ? Their going to get more expensive because Trump doesnt understand how buisness works and most are made in china.

'A hate-for-profit racket': Warren refuses Fox town hall invite
    The Massachusetts senator sets herself apart from Bernie Sanders and other Democrats who've played ball with the network.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...n-hall-1320068

Elizabeth Warren turned down a Fox News invitation Tuesday for a televised town hall and denounced the cable network as a “hate-for-profit racket that gives a megaphone to racists and conspiracists.”

The network has been inviting Democratic presidential candidates to participate in town halls moderated by its news reporters. Bernie Sanders and Amy Klobuchar already done the events, while Pete Buttigieg and Kirsten Gillibrand are scheduled to. All of them have criticized the network’s coverage of the Trump administration but defended going on the network as a means to reach voters.

Without mentioning her rivals, Warren argued that agreeing to go on the network would ultimately lend Fox News credibility and boost its revenue.

“A Fox News town hall adds money to the hate-for-profit machine. To which I say: hard pass,” she wrote in a Twitter thread. “Fox News is welcome to come to my events just like any other outlet.”

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

More proof Congressional Republicans are gutless fucking cowards:

Republicans surrender to Trump’s China tariffs

The GOP is starting to give up on thwarting President Donald Trump’s trade agenda.

Senate Republicans acknowledge that the president’s latest tariff increase on Chinese imports are harming farm state economies, their own constituents and some of Trump’s most reliable voters. But there’s no plan to stop, or even threaten, the president’s tariff regime — just the latest example of Trump imposing his protectionist will on a party that once celebrated free trade.

As the stock market tanked on Monday following the escalating conflict with China, Republicans lamented the state of affairs. But after trying, unsuccessfully, to get the president to remove his year-old tariffs on U.S. allies, there’s little appetite for opening a new front with Trump when it comes to China.

So the GOP on Monday stuck to the same message: The tariffs are bad, but at least this time, Trump is taking on China — and not on Canada or Mexico.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oooooh, Lindsey Graham is trending. All with the calls for him to resign. Why?

Sen. Graham says Trump Jr. should plead the Fifth to Intelligence panel, adding that Trump Jr.’s lawyer would "have to be an idiot" to let him testify again

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Also, here is something super vile.

Alabama GOPers just passed a law that says that even if your father rapes you, you cannot have an abortion and must have his child. The Republican governor is expected to sign it.

This tweet is interesting.

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/s...06675268997120

It helps give you a sense of just /how/ far right the GOP is.