Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
This can work. The people who need asylum will get it in other countries. And there are exceptions for those who need it in the US.

There's more to be done here. The US should provide a lot of foreign aid to these countries so they don't shoulder the financial burden.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
Your comments are informed by your conservative biases -- nothing more, nothing less. You ignore any facts that counter said bias -- such as actual Democratic leadership and legislation -- and instead focus on finding articles that support your preconceptions about the "left". Whether you don't see that or are just pretending not to see it is debatable, but it's obvious to anyone who sees you accusing others of making "ad hominem" attacks when they are providing actual statistics and documentation that disproves your rhetoric.

You spin Obama's actual record on immigration and deportation as you see fit and focus instead on "limiting principles" and "open borders" while ignoring your own party's illegal activities, family separation policies, and abuse of children at the border -- it's a transparently poor attempt to defend the indefensible at best.

It basically comes down to: "I can't comment on the criminal and immoral behavior of the Republicans and their cruelty towards immigrants because I think the Democrats would be worse on immigration even though I have no factual evidence to prove it -- in fact, though all evidence shows the opposite to be true, I'd rather make assumptions about the Democrats based on my preconceived biases than accept the data at face value."
If you've got articles suggesting how Democrats plan to address the current immigration problems, I'm interested in reading those.

Focusing on what the Obama administration did neglects the consensus that the party has gotten more radical on the topic, and often exaggerates the significance of things that are beyond Obama's control (a decline in immigration due to improved economic conditions in other countries) or misinterpreted (IE- counting people who were sent back without processing in earlier administrations as deported.)