Page 17 of 667 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117517 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It also got Trump's attention, and it sounds like he wasn't too terribly pleased with what he saw:

Trump chides Fox News after Sanders town hall

From Dolt45's Twitter account:

I'm guessing Trump expected the right leaning audience to tear Bernie a new one and was disappointed when that didn't happen.
    The majority of GOP are older aka near-retirment age or older and healthcare is a big issue for them.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    On Keith Ellison's T-shirt, he isn't some guy. Every single member of the DNC voted to make him a national spokesman for the party when he received the unanimous vote for Deputy Chair.
    You're being knowingly disingenuous when you keep bringing up this T-shirt. Frankly Mets, it's sort of insulting.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 04-16-2019 at 11:09 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Hey, Democrats: Stop Being Polite

Freshmen Democrats want the party to exercise power. House leadership is still focused on good manners. To that, I say----**** manners! Republicans are gutting this country like the fire that gutted the Notre Dame cathedral yesterday. It's well past time for Dems to take off the kid gloves, get down in the mudpit and kick the bejesus out of the GOP.
    I share your frustration but manners and diplomacy are the grease that keep the gears of government operating. Someone has to be the grownup in the room or nothing gets done. If policy makers are mired in twitter feuds, or butt-hurt over a comment someone made and trying to get back at the other guy they're not doing the jobs we elected them to do. I want Democrats to fight dirty and negotiate hard to win, but decorum also has to be maintained.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Within minutes of getting home from work last night I was treated to the family telling me;
    1. It's a curse
    2. "Muslims set fire to it"
    3. "Well France has had problems with Muslims"
    4. "Isn't it coincidental that this happened shortly before Easter?" to which I responded, yeah that is coincidental. To which they responded "well then it has to be Muslims".

Isn't it just more likely that it's an electrical fire or that during renovations something hit that wasn't supposed to? Not everything is a grand conspiracy and that the first thing to look at isn't a rival church but to make sure that nobody left an electrical item on or if there was a short. It would be like forgetting to leave the oven on and saying those rowdy kids down the block set fire to the house. Maybe they did, but its a bit premature to be throwing blame out just yet.
    Were they equally concerned about the black churches that were set on fire? Or did they dismiss them as hoaxes like Mets?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I have a low tolerance for bullshit and a high sense of morality, so I try to avoid being wrong.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I'd rate that 0/3.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    You're being knowingly disingenuous when you keep bringing up this T-shirt. Frankly Mets, it's sort of insulting.
    #buthistshirt
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Nothing to see here. Still consistently dickish.

REPORTER: Congresswoman Omar says your video led to direct threats on her life. Any second thoughts?

TRUMP: "No, not at all."

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It's because he wants her to be afraid for her life, and die if possible. That makes him feel strong.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'm not the one who keeps bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    As others have pointed out, what YOU claim is Democratic policy has never once been pushed by any Democrat, outside of that VERY IMPORTANT T-SHIRT THAT ONE GUY WORE THAT ONE TIME.

Looking at ACTUAL policy, Democrats believe inBorders, and work to uphold them. They just don't put kids in cages, or RIP babies from their mothers to sell on the black market. Sorry, to 'adopt out to white couples looking for exotic babies', the way we used to do to the Native Americans when we 'settled' America and took it for Jesus from the savage heathen hordes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    But a Democrat wore a t-shirt that suggested a personal preference for open borders once.
    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    It's a clearly biased conclusion based on the "fact" that someone once wore a T-shirt that seemed to advocate open borders -- rather than the real fact that immigration decreased under Obama and the Democrats had already offered a compromise on immigration that didn't include "open borders".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    "Kavanaugh was innocent", but one Dem wore a T-shirt with something in spanish, so Democrats want totally open borders.

Trump not a racist? That is hysterical.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Agreed. Mets, I generally respect you more than most right wingers because you are willing to engage and speak up for your side. But I have noticed this too: you JAQ off a lot.

People ask you DIRECT questions and you sidestep to 'just ask a question' about something unrelated - or only tangentially related, or easily discernable from what people have posted - in order to shift to topic away from the questions asked. And then you ask questions to guide conversation kn the direction you want it to go, rathervthan addressing anything people have asked YOU, while complaining that people don't really answer your questions.

As an example, your lengthy JAQ off session regarding border security and the ineffectiveness of the wall, and how Democrats want open borders because someone once worse a shirt saying so. Or your JAQ offs regarding Hillary. Or climate change. Or judicial behavior. Or criticisms of policy.

I think, frankly, that it's time you answered some of these questions yourself. And clearly, without wiggle room or prevarication or further JAQing off.
    If the Vice Chairman of the RNC wore a shirt saying "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" "At least I'm not Jewish" or "Cool Story Babe, Now Make Me a Sandwich" and suffered no repercussions, would you argue that it's outrageous to think it means anything?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm not the one who keeps bringing it up.

If the Vice Chairman of the RNC wore a shirt saying "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" "At least I'm not Jewish" or "Cool Story Babe, Now Make Me a Sandwich" and suffered no repercussions, would you argue that it's outrageous to think it means anything?
    The shirt or the lack of a response?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    You're dishonestly pretending Democrats seek "open borders" -- which is a lie, as the fact-checker points out directly.

Also, you still haven't answered why you -- as someone who claims to be a "moral" person -- support a blatantly corrupt, racist, homophobic, warmongering, fiscally irresponsible party that is headed by the blatantly corrupt, racist, homophobic, fraudulent, fiscally irresponsible representative known as Trump.

-----
    "Despite President Donald Trump’s repeated claims, Democrats are not advocating open borders, not even the ones who are calling to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The small minority of Democrats in Congress calling for the end of ICE have all said they would like to have many of ICE’s functions redistributed to other, existing government agencies.

None has called for abandoning border enforcement.

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump frequently, and inaccurately, accused Hillary Clinton of supporting open borders. As we wrote then, Clinton supported the 2013 Senate immigration bill, the so-called Gang of Eight bill, which in addition to providing a path to earned citizenship for those then in the country illegally, would have included significant investments in border security. The bill would have doubled the number of border patrol agents along the Mexican border, added 350 miles of new fencing, and added a host of security and technologies to prevent illegal immigration.

In fact, every Democrat in the Senate voted for the bill. Sen. Chuck Schumer, the Democratic leader in the Senate, cited that bill in a tweet responding to Trump’s repeated claims about Democratic support for open borders."

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/07/ca...-open-borders/
    What specific limits did Hillary Clinton advocate for on legal immigration?

I'll note a difference between how I ask questions and how you ask questions. My questions are neutrally phrased. I don't require you to address any other points, or make any unrelated potshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The shirt or the lack of a response?
    The combination.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Also the God who was resurrected is a carpenter, no less.
    That's nicely put.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Elected politicians make policies and laws. Candidates make ideas, proposals, opinions, and promises.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Always about you, isnt it? Heck of choice for your second veto.

President Trump has just issued the second veto of his presidency, rejecting a resolution from Congress to end U.S. military support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen. Trump calls it a "dangerous attempt to weaken my constitutional authorities." https://t.co/IgrxgE4943

I see Mets still wants to push the Republican line that immigration is the most important issue we face and it is a major conflict betweeen the parties.
    Of course before Trump, it was a solvable bi-partisan issue. But I guess he likes where his Party and it's leader is on this issue.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!