Page 277 of 667 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327377 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I was going to post about this last night, but was too tired. Yeah, this guy seems to be the low-rent version of Mike Pence. Apparently, he either doesn't trust himself to not sexually harass or sexually assault a woman when he's alone with her, or he thinks that he's so charming that some women would not be able to control themselves. Either way, it's a pretty sexist notion.

By the by... we just hit the fifth anniversary of CSGOPOTD. There's enough in the queue to easily assure there will be a sixth next year.

They're also not getting any less deranged. The failure of the Republican Party to curtail Donald Trump is making the conservative movement embrace White Nationalism more and more all the time, to the extent that we've got folks defending locking toddlers in cages and excusing sexual predators behavior almost as if it's the brand now.

And by "almost" I mean it's all but official at this point.

Speaking of, Fox News hasn't suspended Tucker Carlson for racist attacks on Rep. Omar yet, and Sean Hannity (who we've seen has helped spin coverage for people operating as foreign agents) is calling for Bill O'Reilly to be brought back to Fox News. Laura Ingraham, only days after defending baby jails and being called a white supremacist by Joaquin Castro for it (justly), was on Fox News to defend Donald Trump for calling the Neo-Nazis at Charlottesville "very fine people" the other night.

These are the people Republican voters listen to, and who the president listens to. And they're exacerbating the problem that CSGOPOTD covers on a daily basis.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 07-11-2019 at 02:38 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    By the by... we just hit the fifth anniversary of CSGOPOTD. There's enough in the queue to easily assure there will be a sixth next year.
    Congrats WBE.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

While this one certainly isn't the most important news article of the week, it did wind up being pretty interesting as a curiosity...

- https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/07...w-parking-lot/

Mysterious Safe Unearthed In Parking Lot Of Lakeview Synagogue

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Congrats WBE.
    It's a depressing milestone. It never should have gone on this long, y'know? All I needed back in 2014 was for the Republican Party to look at itself and how it was acting during the 2013 Government Shutdown, and look at people like Gohmert, Steve King, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Allen West, and Herman Cain and go...

We should be better than that.

They've somehow found even worse people. Like... they're running actual Nazis and white supremacists on the ballot. In some races, unchallenged by any other Republican. They're rallying around people like Roy Moore, and have a fanatical level of support for Donald Trump, including having Evangelicals praise him as an agent sent to do the Lord's divine work on Earth.

Like... stop. Look at yourselves. At what point do you realize you're not fit to govern?

Instead, the only legislative goal they seem to have is to try to destabilize our very democracy by changing the voting laws, changing the legislative districts, changing the census, and revamping the judiciary to cling to power... which they will use to keep 99.9% of the country working themselves to death, and hoping at no point, does a revolution come to pass from a populace that realizes their government no longer represents them.

This is all incredibly sobering, really. And I'm only a month away from having to cover 365 days of the Trump's dementia for his profile update.

It's a depressing milestone. It never should have gone on this long, y'know? All I needed back in 2014 was for the Republican Party to look at itself and how it was acting during the 2013 Government Shutdown, and look at people like Gohmert, Steve King, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Allen West, and Herman Cain and go...

We should be better than that.

They've somehow found even worse people. Like... they're running actual Nazis and white supremacists on the ballot. In some races, unchallenged by any other Republican. They're rallying around people like Roy Moore, and have a fanatical level of support for Donald Trump, including having Evangelicals praise him as an agent sent to do the Lord's divine work on Earth.

Like... stop. Look at yourselves. At what point do you realize you're not fit to govern?

Instead, the only legislative goal they seem to have is to try to destabilize our very democracy by changing the voting laws, changing the legislative districts, changing the census, and revamping the judiciary to cling to power... which they will use to keep 99.9% of the country working themselves to death, and hoping at no point, does a revolution come to pass from a populace that realizes their government no longer represents them.

This is all incredibly sobering, really. And I'm only a month away from having to cover 365 days of the Trump's dementia for his profile update.
    You might want to let him know...

- https://www.al.com/politics/2019/07/...ship-fund.html

Moore, in a statement to AL.com, said he blames McConnell and the Leadership Fund for not assisting him ahead of the 2017 general election, which he lost by a razor-thin 20,715 votes, or less than 1 percentage point.

“I hope that Mitch McConnell and his establishment Republicans will not turn on fellow Republicans and hand another election to pro-abortion Doug Jones as they did in 2017,” Moore said. “Even if they do, I believe voters will refuse to be fooled by them again, and will overwhelmingly elect the candidate who will best defend our conservative values in Washington.”

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You might want to let him know...

- https://www.al.com/politics/2019/07/...ship-fund.html
    I know the sitting president f***ing endorsed that lunatic pedophile.

So don't try being a pedophile enabler-enabler up in here, please. They don't deserve your effort.

BANNED

Hello...new here. Just getting back into comics and was looking for a good forum for discussions. Stumbled onto this thread.

So, is it accurate to say this forum is majority left-leaning, then with little-to-no conservative voices out there?

Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
    Hello...new here. Just getting back into comics and was looking for a good forum for discussions. Stumbled onto this thread.

So, is it accurate to say this forum is majority left-leaning, then with little-to-no conservative voices out there?

Just curious.
    Personally, I think it simply reflects, in a small sample way, the views of most people. The political opinions here are pretty varied on a number of issues. It's just that, there are some issues that most tend to be on the same side of.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And a seventh, and an eighth I suspect. You've got your work cut out for you, WBE!

They're also not getting any less deranged. The failure of the Republican Party to curtail Donald Trump is making the conservative movement embrace White Nationalism more and more all the time, to the extent that we've got folks defending locking toddlers in cages and excusing sexual predators behavior almost as if it's the brand now.
    This is just my opinion, but I never thought the Republicans had ANY interest or desire to rein in Trump as his support of white nationalist shitstains meant more voters to support the party. As for the GOP being the so-called "Party of Values", that train left the station a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. They clearly don't give a **** that they're now seen as scumbags, they're all about the power and aren't about to let go of same.

Speaking of, Fox News hasn't suspended Tucker Carlson for racist attacks on Rep. Omar yet, and Sean Hannity (who we've seen has helped spin coverage for people operating as foreign agents) is calling for Bill O'Reilly to be brought back to Fox News. Laura Ingraham, only days after defending baby jails and being called a white supremacist by Joaquin Castro for it (justly), was on Fox News to defend Donald Trump for calling the Neo-Nazis at Charlottesville "very fine people" the other night.

These are the people Republican voters listen to, and who the president listens to. And they're exacerbating the problem that CSGOPOTD covers on a daily basis.
    Hell, instead of being suspended, Fucker Carlson will probably get a raise, ditto for Sean Hamhocks and Laura Ignoramus. By the by, speaking of Faux News, has anyone seen the Showtime mini-series "The Loudest Voice", starring a ridiculously bloated Russell Crowe as Roger Ailes?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hell, instead of being suspended, Fucker Carlson will probably get a raise, ditto for Sean Hamhocks and Laura Ignoramus. By the by, speaking of Faux News, has anyone seen the Showtime mini-series "The Loudest Voice", starring a ridiculously bloated Russell Crowe as Roger Ailes?
    Not as of yet. I get HBO, which reminds me, I need to watch that docu-drama they made about Brexit with Benedict Cumberbatch as Dominic Cummings.

It seems often enough the conservative voices end up having to defend the views of screaming racists, bigots, xenophobes, and white nationalists often enough that they often say things as bad as, or worse than the politicians they're echoing, and earn a forum ban for violating civility standards of CBR.

Go figure, this forum has better standards than the Republican Party for conduct.

It seems often enough the conservative voices end up having to defend the views of screaming racists, bigots, xenophobes, and white nationalists often enough that they often say things as bad as, or worse than the politicians they're echoing, and earn a forum ban for violating civility standards of CBR.

Go figure, this forum has better standards than the Republican Party for conduct.

Either that, they try to defend an imaginary Republican Party that doesn't echo and completely back Donald Trump. Most probably found it a thankless task.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Well, I find that strange, since in this thread alone (and others scattered around as I have read) various insults demonizing conservatives and republicans on the whole, as though just by associating with either of those entities, you must be an evil bigot...and all the rest of those lumping adjectives you listed.

Well, I find that strange, since in this thread alone (and others scattered around as I have read) various insults demonizing conservatives and republicans on the whole, as though just by associating with either of those entities, you must be an evil bigot...and all the rest of those lumping adjectives you listed.
    Ah, we're going to jump right to the "you're the bigot for calling out racists" conservative meme, eh?

That's nice.