Page 365 of 667 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 10005
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

From the ongoing series of "things that would have been the biggest scandal of most other presidencies":

Trump aide submitted drafts of 2016 'America First' energy speech to United Arab Emirates for edits, emails show
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Carson, Kanye, Diamond, Silk.
    Dennard, Owens, Guillory, Mia Love (even though she condemned him after losing the Utah District 4 election, that attitude will change).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Maybe it's not my place to say this, but after seeing so many people complain about how too many US police are racist, trigger-happy with guns, corrupt, just all around bad people that should lose their jobs, etc., and push aside any data, evidence, and facts that don't make out the police problem to be an epidemic, I can't help but wonder what their plans and goals are
    If you don't see it, it's because you don't want to -- after Ferguson, Obama implemented federal oversight programs to address police corruption directly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presid...ntury_Policing

This was the direct result of community activism and civil protest in said "community" -- the resulting investigation found systemic racism in the police department and addressed it directly.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...like-ferguson/

Trump opposed said oversight via Sessions.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1MK03Z

If you're going to base your argument on others "pushing aside facts" then don't open your argument doing what you accuse others of doing.

-----

"Justice Department Finds a Pattern of Civil Rights Violations by the Ferguson Police Department"

The Justice Department announced the findings of its two civil rights investigations related to Ferguson, Missouri, today.

[B]The Justice Department found that the Ferguson Police Department (FPD) engaged in a pattern or practice of conduct that violates the First, Fourth, and 14th Amendments of the Constitution.[B] The Justice Department also announced that the evidence examined in its independent, federal investigation into the fatal shooting of Michael Brown does not support federal civil rights charges against Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson.

“As detailed in our report, this investigation found a community that was deeply polarized, and where deep distrust and hostility often characterized interactions between police and area residents,” said Attorney General Eric Holder. “Our investigation showed that Ferguson police officers routinely violate the Fourth Amendment in stopping people without reasonable suspicion, arresting them without probable cause, and using unreasonable force against them.

Now that our investigation has reached its conclusion, it is time for Ferguson’s leaders to take immediate, wholesale and structural corrective action. The report we have issued and the steps we have taken are only the beginning of a necessarily resource-intensive and inclusive process to promote reconciliation, to reduce and eliminate bias, and to bridge gaps and build understanding.”

“While the findings in Ferguson are very serious and the list of needed changes is long, the record of the Civil Rights Division’s work with police departments across the country shows that if the Ferguson Police Department truly commits to community policing, it can restore the trust it has lost,” said Acting Assistant Attorney General Vanita Gupta of the Civil Rights Division.

“We look forward to working with City Officials and the many communities that make up Ferguson to develop and institute reforms that will focus the Ferguson Police Department on public safety and constitutional policing instead of revenue. Real community policing is possible and ensures that all people are equal before the law, and that law enforcement is seen as a part of, rather than distant from, the communities they serve.”

-----
    "Trump administration to oppose Chicago police reform plan: Sessions"

"U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said on Tuesday the Justice Department would oppose a proposed consent decree to reform the Chicago police department in response to misconduct allegations after the slaying of a black teenager by a white officer.

The police reforms are a response to misconduct allegations that emerged after black teenager Laquan McDonald, who was armed with a knife, was shot 16 times by white police officer Jason Van Dyke in 2014. Van Dyke, 40, was convicted of second-degree murder last week.

A video of the incident released in 2015 led to a Justice Department investigation that found Chicago police routinely violated people’s civil rights, used excessive force and racially discriminated against people."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1MK03Z
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-30-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Maybe it's not my place to say this, but after seeing so many people complain about how too many US police are racist, trigger-happy with guns, corrupt, just all around bad people that should lose their jobs, etc., and push aside any data, evidence, and facts that don't make out the police problem to be an epidemic, I can't help but wonder what their plans and goals are, because I get the feeling that they just spend all day and all night complaining about how the police are bad people, but don't really seem to go the extra mile in serving their own communities if they're so frustrated and passionate about it.
    List of killings by law enforcement officers by countries

Now, the list is far from complete, and there might very well be differences in how things are reported, but when the US police shoots three times as many people per capita per year than Canada, or more than five times as many as Sweden or Finland or New Zealand, then one might have cause for concern. Especially since the number of shootings by police in the last few years have led to quite a lot of debate here in Sweden. (And then look at the UK, who makes everyone else look bad in comparison.)
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    And still people wonder why I equate Sanders with Trump.
    He needs to realize his day is done. I think all the leading candidates are too old anyway. I'm going to kept my eye on Mayor Pete and Sen. Harris.

BANNED

I'm glad that the extreme poverty in Baltimore, Detroit and others cities are being highlighted. Hopefully things can finally be improved. Baltimore received 16 Billion in federal grants from the Trump administration in 2018 and there's about 159 opportunity zones in Maryland that the Trump administration is trying to prop up. Hopefully they can put the money in good use soon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    I'm glad that the extreme poverty in Baltimore, Detroit and others cities are being highlighted.
    You can do that without calling it "rat-infested".

Feel free to defend that as you like -- some of us expect better from our leaders.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-30-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    He needs to realize his day is done. I think all the leading candidates are too old anyway. I'm going to kept my eye on Mayor Pete and Sen. Harris.
    I'm willing to give Warren a pass, I think she can handle it. I am keeping my eye on the younger ones. Bottom line, if Biden gets the Nomination I'll vote for him even if he is a one-termer.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

You can do that without calling it "rat-infested".

Feel free to defend that as you like -- some of us expect better from our leaders.
    But it is rat infested. That's the truth. And shortly there will be bubonic plague on Skid Row.

Ultimate Member

But it is rat infested. That's the truth. And shortly there will be bubonic plague on Skid Row.
    Whether it is or isn't, I expect better of the President of the United States as there are much more constructive ways to address the issue than with insults.

Again, you're more than welcome to think otherwise.

I'm glad that the extreme poverty in Baltimore, Detroit and others cities are being highlighted. Hopefully things can finally be improved. Baltimore received 16 Billion in federal grants from the Trump administration in 2018 and there's about 159 opportunity zones in Maryland that the Trump administration is trying to prop up. Hopefully they can put the money in good use soon.
    Ahh, there he is with the spin, right on cue. What say you, Uncle Ruckus?

Ah, the plague. So, are there going to be death calls every night to cart off the dead?

You do know rats carry other diseases. Try harder when you defend your Beloved in Chief.

BANNED

Whether it is or isn't, I expect better of the President of the United States as there are much more constructive ways to address the issue than with insults.

Again, you're more than welcome to think otherwise.
    I just think that these people need help and we should provide the help they need. Jesus, who wants to live in extreme poverty with rats, roaches, ticks and mole. Jesus says to look at others as if you are looking at yourself. So you have to see yourself living in extreme poverty with the rats and roaches and not knowing if you might get shot each day you walk outside your door. If you were in that situation would you not want help?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Ah, the plague. So, are there going to be death calls every night to cart off the dead?

You do know rats carry other diseases. Try harder when you defend your Beloved in Chief.
    There are more rats in DC -- this was all about attacking Cummings who is investigating him and criticizing Republican immigrant detention camps.

-----
    "It’s true: Baltimore ranked No. 9 on Orkin’s list of American cities with the worst rat problems in 2018.

But so is this: Washington, D.C., ranked No. 4."

https://www.baltimoresun.com/health/...g7m-story.html

Ultimate Member

I just think that these people need help and we should provide the help they need. Jesus, who wants to live in extreme poverty with rats, roaches, ticks and mole. Jesus says to look at others as if you are looking at yourself. So you have to see yourself living in extreme poverty with the rats and roaches and not knowing if you might get shot each day you walk outside your door. If you were in that situation would you not want help?
    Whether I'd want "help" or not has nothing to with someone calling Baltimore "rat-infested".

That's not help -- that's an insult aimed at distracting from Epstein, Mueller, record deficits, North Korean missiles, and immigrant detention camps.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-30-2019 at 03:17 PM.