Page 655 of 667 FirstFirst ... 155555605645651652653654655656657658659665 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,825 of 10005

Trump surprisingly didn't have bad things to say about Cummings.

“My warmest condolences to the family and many friends of Congressman Elijah Cummings. I got to see first hand the strength, passion and wisdom of this highly respected political leader. His work and voice on so many fronts will be very hard, if not impossible, to replace!”

Almost doesn't feel like something he'd say to be honest. Mostly because they feel like nearly full sentences and not just quick blurb shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sondland's opening statement

For those who want to learn more about what is going on in today's house hearing.
    Every once in the while I'm reminded Rick Perry is the Energy Secretary, and it always surprises me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post

“My warmest condolences to the family and many friends of Congressman Elijah Cummings. I got to see first hand the strength, passion and wisdom of this highly respected political leader. His work and voice on so many fronts will be very hard, if not impossible, to replace!”

Almost doesn't feel like something he'd say to be honest. Mostly because they feel like nearly full sentences and not just quick blurb shots.
    Press secretary said it came from them.

FYI.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Press secretary said it came from them.

FYI.
    That would make sense.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm wondering if Trump is enough of an ******* to begin with, and with no one able to reign him in right now while his presidency crumbles around him, I put odds at 50/50 that he takes a shot at the deceased.
    He's already done that with John McCain and Cokie Roberts. Trump never lets silly stuff like respect for the deceased get in the way of taking shots at people he doesn't like, and he had been in a spat with Cummings who, having been on the impeachment panel was pestering the Orange Menace. So, yeah, I fully expect some level of snark and/or nastiness from Trump. It's only a question of when.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Billionaire Trump-loving governor took $125,000 in bailouts meant for struggling farmers: report

On Thursday, the Associated Press reported that Gov. Jim Justice (R-WV) received $125,000 in emergency stabilization payments for his farms, as part of the bailout program authorized by President Donald Trump to help farmers avoid losses due to the trade war with China.

Justice, a Trump-loving business magnate who briefly switched to the Democratic Party to run for governor of West Virginia and switched back to the GOP after the election, hardly fits the profile of a struggling farmer. He is worth $1.5 billion, and owns over 50 businesses, including a network of coal mines and the Greenbriar luxury resort, a popular gathering place for Republican officials.
    But Justice is far from the only rich businessman to profit from the farm bailouts. A recent report from the Environmental Working Group revealed that of the $16 billion appropriated by the Department of Agriculture, 54 percent went to just the top one-tenth of farms, with 82 farmers receiving over $500,000 and several recipients actually living in large cities. The bottom 80 percent of farmers received less than $5,000 each, and farmers of color received almost nothing.

Justice is not even the only politician to benefit from the program. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA), also a firm supporter of Trump, has applied for the bailouts multiple times.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Trump's letter to the Turkish President
    Even after the letter, I thought it was satire when I heard Trump has called the President of Italy "President Mozzarella" and that the US has had ties with Italy since Ancient Rome.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2019/10/17...l-of-the-time/

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Okay so something happened to me while I was out to lunch with my father and friend on Wednesday. The man at the table next to me was describing to his table mate that he was trans racial. He was a white man who identified as a black man. He said he understands the plight of African Americans because he has been discriminated against because he identifies as a black man. I didnt say anything to the man but to be honest I was slightly upset. African American have faced real discrimination and racism and their history in America has not been pleasant. This man went as far as to say he deserves to be included in programs designed to help African Americans like minority Naacp loans and collage grants. African Americans have been through real struggles and for this man to claim he understands and relates to them because he views himself as a black man is kind of offensive.

Has the Pc movement become so absurd that trans Racial is a real thing or was this guy just being an ass?
    He could have meant bi-racial when he said trans-racial. There are plenty of people who have one white parent and one Black parent, and look white. Slash, the guitarist from Guns 'N' Roses, for one.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Elijah Cummings passing makes me so sad and infuriated. One of the last big political moments of his life was having President ******* shitting on his district. He deserved better. Anyways, RIP to one of the best in Congress
    Sad to see one of the few entirely respectable members of Congress pass away. Surprised to see such a dignified message from Trump, though. I'm going to guess that someone else wrote it for him.

I've often said here that someone is profiting from the market volatility Trump is creating. It wouldn't surprise me if Trump Inc. shows huge gains in their off-shore accounts after he leaves office and it's safe for whichever Russian Oligarch he's in bed with to pass him his cut.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Mulvaney holding a press conference, and digging the hole even deeper.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Sad to see one of the few entirely respectable members of Congress pass away. Surprised to see such a dignified message from Trump, though. I'm going to guess that someone else wrote it for him.
    It's already been reported that the response came from the Press Secretary. To say "Trump" and "dignified" in the same sentence is patently laughable, not to mention unlikely as hell.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

He could have meant bi-racial when he said trans-racial. There are plenty of people who have one white parent and one Black parent, and look white. Slash, the guitarist from Guns 'N' Roses, for one.
    No he didn't. I'm mixed. We ARE included in NAACP programs.

I'd be shocked if anyone who is biracial didn't know the term Biracial vs. "transracial", and if they don't I question whether receiving grants or loans would be all that beneficial since they are obviously too stupid to set foot into a classroom.

He's a white guy who thinks black people are somehow getting one over on him. Basically it sounds like just some loud mouthed POS.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

If he was Bi Racial that would have been one thing. But he clearly said that he was a white man who identified as a black man. Said that Trans Racial is what he wanted to be called. I just didnt know if Trans Racial was the new pc thing or if he was just being a jerk.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt if someone else wrote it. Maybe that replacement for Sarah Huckabee Sanders. She sure doesn't seem to do a lot to earn her salary. There's been no press briefings for 7 months. Trump just holds court on the White House driveway. More and more, he's turned the White House into the same kind of operation as his businesses. He has very little staff and what few are left are mostly sychophants or staff with an "acting" status, so that they don't have to go through congressional approval. He thinks he is answerable to no one or nothing, certainly not the Constitution.

R.I.P. Congressman Cummings.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-17-2019 at 10:45 AM.