Page 205 of 667 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 10005
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Oh please....I know YOU know better. I'm just enough of a cynic to not believe every Democrat in Washington is a saint.

See, even 30 thinks I'm right and he argues with everybody.
    You should be worried when #30 agrees with you.

And you didn't originally say that "Not every Democrat is a saint." You insinuated they are ALL dirty, which is part of the thinking that got people voting 3rd party instead of Clinton. It's also patently untrue.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    This would be the same Rep. Burgess who can tell fetuses can feel pain and pleasure because he's watched them masturbate. But again, once a zygote actually is a living child outside the womb, a Republican can only shrug, no matter how dire that child's plight.
    Wait, WHAT? Watching zygotes spanking their monkeys? Seriously? Jesus H. Christ! What in the flying **** are Republicans drinking and/or shooting up?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I worry that the GOP will try to steer the conversation away from "NO CAMPS" and towards "Better funding for the camps". They'll use the same tired "Democrats are causing this by with holding funding" shaminging points, and the Dems will try to compromise. And then will just have camps forever, and we'll spend even more money on them, and all that money goes to the rich GOP donors running the for profit camps. Not even a penny to bury the bodies. These are the things keeping me up at 3 in the morning.

Everyone else can see that debate coming, right? Does anyone else have the sickening feeling that that will happen? I just hope everyone sticks to their guns with "NO CAMPS".
    I think it's definitely possible. The Republican mantra since before 9/11 has been "privatize whenever possible."

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    And you didn't originally say that "Not every Democrat is a saint." You insinuated they are ALL dirty, which is part of the thinking that got people voting 3rd party instead of Clinton. It's also patently untrue.
    Ok, that's a fair point. I see how that could be misconstrued.
    I do stand by my original point that campaign finance reform needs to be enacted. I think we can all agree on the benefits regarding that.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 06-25-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Acting US Customs and Border Protection Commissioner John Sanders to leave

Acting Customs and Border Protection Commissioner John Sanders is resigning, he said in a message sent to agency employees Tuesday, amid the dramatic increase in the number of undocumented migrants crossing the border and a fight over how to address it.

"Although I will leave it to you to determine whether I was successful, I can unequivocally say that helping support the amazing men and women of CBP has been the most fulfilling and satisfying opportunity of my career," Sander writes. His resignation is effective July 5.
    Sanders assumed the post after Kevin McAleenan, the former commissioner, moved up to fill the role of acting Department of Homeland Security secretary in the wake of Kirstjen Nielsen's ouster this spring. In his role, Sanders has overseen the agency charged with protecting the nation's border at a time when illegal crossings have hit record levels.
    Last week President Donald Trump called off planned raids by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, saying deportations would proceed unless Congress finds a solution on the US-Mexico border within two weeks.
    Another vacancy with no permanent qualified person to fill the position in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

Another vacancy with no permanent qualified person to fill the position in sight.
    You'd almost think that working for Trump were an unpleasant experience.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I think it's definitely possible. The Republican mantra since before 9/11 has been "privatize whenever possible."

Ok, that's a fair point. I see how that could be misconstrued.
    I do stand by my original point that campaign finance reform needs to be enacted. I think we can all agree on the benefits regarding that.
    Yes we can. Thanks for making your point clearer.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I'm beginning to think that any department without a permanent head should have the budget slashed, but them I remember that certain Presidents would starve departments they don't like by never nominating anyone.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm beginning to think that any department without a permanent head should have the budget slashed, but them I remember that certain Presidents would starve departments they don't like by never nominating anyone.
    The crazy part is they are begging for MORE money. And with the horror reports we are getting of how the agency is handling the kids in its care how do you keep them accountable and have real plans when you cant even keep qualified people to run the fucking agencies. "Acting" Seat filler after seat filler.

The crazy part is they are begging for MORE money. And with the horror reports we are getting of how the agency is handling the kids in its care how do you keep them accountable and have real plans when you cant even keep qualified people to run the fucking agencies. "Acting" Seat filler after seat filler.
    Word has it Trump prefers his top aides to be in "Acting" roles so they don't have to go through the process of going through Congress to be officially nominated for their positions and thus run the risk of his appointees being shot down, something that would piss Trump off royally since he lives for "winning" and hates giving his enemies (i.e. Democrats) a victory at his expense.

BANNED

Remember that story not too long about about many children being removed from a facility that was horrible for them? Well it's got a follow-up no one expected: More Than 100 Migrant Kids Moved Back to Troubled Facility

U.S. government officials say they’ve moved more than 100 kids back to a remote border facility where lawyers reported detained children were caring for each other and had inadequate food, water, and sanitation.
    Why is it that people maintain 'no alternative' to this has been suggested and then just sit back as if this is how it's always been?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Duncan is in the news again.

Hillary was right!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

First Lady Melania Trump announced her communications director, Stephanie Grisham, will replace Sarah Sanders.
    Never heard of her.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    So, was Steph responsible for "gardening in chacha heels" or for the "I really don't care, do you" coat?

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    So, was Steph responsible for "gardening in chacha heels" or for the "I really don't care, do you" coat?
    Probably both. Looks like we have another bottom feeder on our hands. I’ll withhold judgment on Ms. Grisham until she’s had a few pressers under her belt before giving her a nickname. Then again, I might just recycle “Baghdad Betty” depending on what I hear.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Probably both. Looks like we have another bottom feeder on our hands. I’ll withhold judgment on Ms. Grisham until she’s had a few pressers under her belt before giving her a nickname. Then again, I might just recycle “Baghdad Betty” depending on what I hear.
    She wont last long if she legit tries to do the job. #BeBest