Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Where did I say that people should not vote if Biden gets the nom? Are you going to continue to put words in my mouth? Do you think someone like Donnie Deutsch should be taken to task when he says he would not vote if Bernie got the nom?

I do not have a list of people who are worst then Trump who could become President, but people thought that Trump did not have a chance and he won. Never assume no one worst then Trump can win if the system does change, people assumed Trump could not win and he did.

If Biden wins then what? Everyone goes back to sleep and the system that created Trump gets worse? Trump being President means the system itself is sick, he would not be President in a healthy system. Defeating Trump wins a battle, but it does not win the war.
You go on about my putting words in your mouth when I was careful to show I wasn't talking about you specifically, then go on to put words in my mouth about how I assume no one worse than Trump can be elected. You also ignore how The System wasn't the only thing that caused Trump's win in order to make your point, and assume everyone will forget all the craven assholes who were willing to bend over backwards to enable Trump or those that wholeheartedly endorsed him.

Abstract non-personalized statement: You can do more than just Voting to help things change, but I'm stressing that Voting is the bare minimum you can do and that you shouldn't let things not being perfect stop you from voting.

To me saying go out and vote is not enough. In Georgia they rigged things to keep the GOP in power. Something like gerrymandering takes away the power of your vote. Doing away with gerrymandering would do a lot to make voting more important, get rid of gerrymandering and your vote does mean more. That is something you can do to make the system better.
Could you explain to me how to get rid of gerrymandering without voting for people who are willing to do something about it (Aka not the GoP)? No amount of pressure (Marches, Petitions, or Town Hall talking) is going to stop the GoP who's willing to completely upset The System if they lose to shut down the processes of government and/or strip the incoming Dems of all power and authority they can.

But no, we should just 'do away with' gerrymandering like it's that easy.