Page 212 of 667 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 10005
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Alright so Delaney should just go after this debate. Delanye and Beto are the big losers here tonight. If I were going to rank them right now.

Warren
    Booker
    De Blasio
    Castro
    Tulsi (she'd be higher if she had a shot)

Inslee (he's surprised me a bit for a guy who I didn't even think about)
    Ryan (he's been a bit stronger than I thought)

Klobucher

Beto

Delaney
    If commercials I’ve seen for the next debates in Detroit are any indicator, it looks like all 20 candidates will be there, regardless of who does what tonight or tomorrow. If it were up to me, I’d start whittling down the field after Thursday as some of the people I’ve watched tonight, most notably Beto just plain don’t belong.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Tulsi would be great on foreign policy. Take it more as I'll take someone strong on one issue than someone middling on all. Tulsi definitley has major blindspots, but she's useful and I think she's doing this more for raising the profile of her positions to push the debate.

I really don't think anyone but the top 4 should have a shot at moving to the next debate. Realistically I think only Warren and Booker should be in the next debate based on who has a shot.

I could see the next debate wittled down to Warren, Booker, Castro, Biden, Sanders, Harris, Buttegieg (assuming he doesn't pull a Beto)
    I'll reserve judgement on that until tomorrow's debate.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    So, tomorrow night features the less popular candidates, and I'm guessing the ones that didn't get invited can state their case over at the Golden Corral.
    Bernie and Biden and Buttegieg are the less popular ones? Was this sarcasm?

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If commercials I’ve seen for the next debates in Detroit are any indicator, it looks like all 20 candidates will be there, regardless of who does what tonight or tomorrow. If it were up to me, I’d start whittling down the field after Thursday as some of the people I’ve watched tonight, most notably Beto just plain don’t belong.
    Beto's proved he was a fad. Heck, I can see he was a more affable Ross Perot who managed to not suggest that old people needed to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that may be extracted for our personal use.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Bernie and Biden and Buttegieg are the less popular ones? Was this sarcasm?
    No, I just forgot to look at the format. I would've assumed NBC would've made it top heavy or something where the populist candidates would be tonight and the other ones would be night two. Anyway, I'm watching it now and they're discussing going to war.

I predict that Buttegieg will drop out eventually, due to what is going on in South Bend,.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

I really like that a lot of policy and actual debating got done. It is important to let the viewers know Democrats have actual plans. Because, we all know trump and fox news will push their bs that dems want open borders. Dems want to take all your guns.

Important to hear these candidates speak on issues without having to talk about the latest trump tweet or gaffe.

Letting him define the narrative or paint what democrats stand for instead of articulating it themselves is what will get him re elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I predict that Buttegieg will drop out eventually, due to what is going on in South Bend,.
    Appealing to minorities has to happen for any Democrat. If he can't reach out and make minorities feel like he will fight for and with them he may as well go home.

Extraordinary Member

No, I just forgot to look at the format. I would've assumed NBC would've made it top heavy or something where the populist candidates would be tonight and the other ones would be night two. Anyway, I'm watching it now and they're discussing going to war.
    He forgot Harris too. Those 5 are easily the top frontrunners besides Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Yeah, the South Bend officer situation is going to hang over him and how he's handling it is prime ammunition for other candidates as a target for inexperience to leadership. But, nonetheless; I WANTED HIM TO RUN FOR GOVERNOR!

BANNED

Cool, I can understand that assumption. I feel like one of the parties did that last year?

I think they're trying really hard to let everyone get their voice out there. I think it's a good thing, having some Dems talk about different things is a good thing. I hear a lot of people talking about what they want to hear being said, but that's generally not a good idea. It's nice to hear Ryan talk about the working class. Warren about college loans. Castro on immigration. This kind of diversity in thought and approach is refreshing.

And it's not a Trumpian gong show...so even better!

Al Qaeda and the Saudis flew planes into our buildings! That misinformation was what got us into a pointless conflict in Iraq. Sure, we bagged Saddam Hussein, but that cost us billions and billions of dollars!
    Last edited by GindyPosts; 06-26-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member

And Tulsi just murdered Ryan. Drop him down my rankings. OHHHH SHE SAID SAUDI ARABIA

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Wait... why are we still going? That kind of "everybody quickly answer" question is the perfect ending question. Why do we trudge on?

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Cool, I can understand that assumption. I feel like one of the parties did that last year?

I think they're trying really hard to let everyone get their voice out there. I think it's a good thing, having some Dems talk about different things is a good thing. I hear a lot of people talking about what they want to hear being said, but that's generally not a good idea. It's nice to hear Ryan talk about the working class. Warren about college loans. Castro on immigration. This kind of diversity in thought and approach is refreshing.

And it's not a Trumpian gong show...so even better!
    You gotta make sure people who don't get a lion's share of the attention on the media can get a chance to get people to buzz about, which is why they spread out the populist candidates with the obscure ones. Like I said; I haven't paid much attention to this but that's due to me having to contend with personal problems this week, which is always a blast.

BANNED

You gotta make sure people who don't get a lion's share of the attention on the media can get a chance to get people to buzz about, which is why they spread out the populist candidates with the obscure ones. Like I said; I haven't paid much attention to this but that's due to me having to contend with personal problems this week, which is always a blast.
    It's certainly helped De Blasio. He played to a room of 15 people the other day, but it's hard not to see him as a winner coming out of tonight. I doubt it moves the needle, but it speaks to your first point.