Page 114 of 667 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Normally I'd pass this sort of thing as meaningless but we've already seen parody become reality before and I don't WANT to live out Demolition Man!

Pick your side in the Franchise Wars now, because without further ado:

Taco Bell Is Opening a Hotel in Palm Springs This Summer
    Gives new meaning to motel hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Gives new meaning to motel hell.
    I hope they won't Overlook who this promotion Bates into an Overnight Stay.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Normally I'd pass this sort of thing as meaningless but we've already seen parody become reality before and I don't WANT to live out Demolition Man!

Pick your side in the Franchise Wars now, because without further ado:

Taco Bell Is Opening a Hotel in Palm Springs This Summer
    The one time I dressed fancy at a fast food joint was the night I graduated high school.

Anyway, the two comments that got me:

Adam Staz
    I make absolutely 0 dollars and I mean absolutely no money on the internet and my life is just a waste of space looking at memes and **** all day. This is not a spam bs ad.
    And...

Of course! Everyone leaves Palm Springs in June. It's 123º in the shade!

The fast food fiends to invade the city when the snow birds leave.

Congressman Justin Amash (R-MI) calls for Trump's impeachment.

Here are my principal conclusions:
    1. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report.
    2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct.
    3. Partisanship has eroded our system of checks and balances.
    4. Few members of Congress have read the report.

I offer these conclusions only after having read Mueller’s redacted report carefully and completely, having read or watched pertinent statements and testimony, and having discussed this matter with my staff, who thoroughly reviewed materials and provided me with further analysis.

In comparing Barr’s principal conclusions, congressional testimony, and other statements to Mueller’s report, it is clear that Barr intended to mislead the public about Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s analysis and findings.

Barr’s misrepresentations are significant but often subtle, frequently taking the form of sleight-of-hand qualifications or logical fallacies, which he hopes people will not notice.

Under our Constitution, the president “shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” While “high Crimes and Misdemeanors” is not defined, the context implies conduct that violates the public trust.

Contrary to Barr’s portrayal, Mueller’s report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment.

In fact, Mueller’s report identifies multiple examples of conduct satisfying all the elements of obstruction of justice, and undoubtedly any person who is not the president of the United States would be indicted based on such evidence.

Impeachment, which is a special form of indictment, does not even require probable cause that a crime (e.g., obstruction of justice) has been committed; it simply requires a finding that an official has engaged in careless, abusive, corrupt, or otherwise dishonorable conduct.

While impeachment should be undertaken only in extraordinary circumstances, the risk we face in an environment of extreme partisanship is not that Congress will employ it as a remedy too often but rather that Congress will employ it so rarely that it cannot deter misconduct.
    He is the first Republican Congressman to call for impeachment.

There has been some speculation that he's interested in being the Libertarian Party's nominee for President.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Congressman Justin Amash (R-MI) calls for Trump's impeachment.

He is the first Republican Congressman to call for impeachment.

There has been some speculation that he's interested in being the Libertarian Party's nominee for President.
    Maybe this is a sign that the ice is cracking and that some Republicans are drifting away ... maybe.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Maybe this is a sign that the ice is cracking and that some Republicans are drifting away ... maybe.
    It's not. Amash has been consistently anti-Trump, so this is just a continuation of his record in this regard. Dude's a major league prick and crazy as all get out but, to his credit, he's been rhetorically consistent on his anti-Trumpism so far as I can tell.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Trump wants to pardon people who committed war crimes. That is all.

Eddie Gallagher’s own SEAL teammates say they messed with the sights on his rifle to screw up his aim because he kept targeting women and children.

Definitely Trump’s kinda guy
    Seven SEALs were granted immunity to testify against Gallagher, partially because he threatened them to keep them quiet about his murderous hijinks in Iraq
    After stabbing a captured 15-year-old ISIS fighter to death while other SEALs were trying to administer medical aid, Gallagher texted photos of himself cradling the dead fighter's head in one hand and boasted that he "got him with my hunting knife”
    And yet, worth pardoning.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The cynic in me suspects Amash is nothing more than an outlier, that the majority of Republicans remain too cowardly to rock the boat when it comes to Trump. The GOP continues looking the other way while Caramel Caligula and his henchmen **** on the Constitution because it suits their own ends.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I hope they won't Overlook who this promotion Bates into an Overnight Stay.
    Make up your mind, Dalak. Do you want to reference Stephen King or Alfred Hitchcock?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Make up your mind, Dalak. Do you want to reference Stephen King or Alfred Hitchcock?
    Why not both? Let's through some Edgar Allen Poe in as well.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I reject your reality and reference my own!

Why not both? Let's through some Edgar Allen Poe in as well.
    Call Saul in the House of Usher!

I reject your reality and reference my own!

Call Saul in the House of Usher!
    All right. I've got one. C'thlouis Creed in the Pet Sematery.

All right. I've got one. C'thlouis Creed in the Pet Sematery.
    That sounds like a job for Frankenstein's Monster Squad!

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day published profiles about Missouri State Senator Paul Wieland, a front-line soldier in the GOP’s “War on Women” that since taking office in 2010, has gone out of his way to try and find ways to undermine the Affordable Care Act, particularly that medical insurance policies can often cover the cost of contraceptive coverage for women. He personally filed a lawsuit against the federal government in 2013 to make sure that he, a good Catholic, wasn’t paying for any potential contraceptives for his daughter on his insurance plan, referring to birth control pills as “abortion inducing drugs” that were “intrinsically evil”. The courts dismissed Wieland’s case as frivolous, not realizing his stunt would do little to deter him. After the Burwell v. Hobby Lobby ruling, Wieland immediately filed another lawsuit against the government, which also got laughed out of court. Paul Wieland also files dimwitted legislation to prevent the implantation of Sharia Law in Missouri, or to prevent the sinister United Nations Agenda 21 treaty. Heck, he’s even voted for efforts to nullify federal firearms laws, drug test welfare recipients, stricter Voter ID laws (to combat the statistically non-existent problem of in-person voter fraud), ag-gag laws to prevent any oversight against livestock farmers, and voted for SJR 39, a special little bill to prohibit any state employee from being penalized for declining to participate in same-sex marriage ceremonies.

In November of 2015, after a series of highly publicized racist incidents at the University of Missouri that school president Tim Wolfe refused to act upon, and in some instances, Wolfe himself dug the hole deeper by chastising protesters, the Missouri Tigers Football Team threatened to boycott games unless Wolfe was fired. Wolfe resigned, and it seemed like that was that. Except, it wasn’t for Paul Wieland, who just couldn’t stomach any kind of improvement in race relations, apparently, on those terms, and needed to go after someone as retribution, choosing Gary Pinkel, the now former head coach of the team, who approved of his players’ choice. Here’s where it gets more grotesque… Coach Pinkel had resigned to seek treatment for lymphoma, and the university had bought out the remainder of his contract so he could do so and for his fifteen year loyal tenure in turning around the football team, they also offered him a job as an ambassador of the athletic department. Well, in true “smaller government” interests, Wieland began to publicly criticize the school for these moves, apparently finding less of a problem with a school president who created an environment of permissive racism to a beloved coach for supporting his players through a hard decision.

Paul Wieland was pursuing a second term in office in 2018, even with a Blue Wave crashing upon the GOP across the country, and while Missouri Republicans are also scrambling and in damage control over the scandal surrounding Gov. Eric Greitens, Wieland still managed to get re-elected with 58% of the vote. Barring any scandals that would force his resignation, he does not face term limits until his new term is up in 2022, and will continue his quest to deny women in Missouri their reproductive rights (and boy, is he busy right now).
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.