Page 157 of 667 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 10005
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That's true and Ivanka and his sons are with him on this trip. With her being a fashionista and all that, why didn't she tell him? It's embarrassing to see the POTUS show up at these state dinners looking like he got his tux from Costco or something

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's true and Ivanka and his sons are with him on this trip. With her being a fashionista and all that, why didn't she tell him? It's embarrassing to see the POTUS show up at these state dinners looking like he got his tux from Costco or something
    I was about to say the stuff at Costco doesn't look that bad, but then I remembered they don't sell larger sizes for many items.
    Dark does not mean deep.

If you ever needed more proof that the cruelty is the point of the child separation policy, remember that they arrest people for doing this to dogs:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...night-n1013336

So a brave little white supremacist lady in London pulled out a blade and popped the Trump baby blimp, declaring it a "disgrace". She was then arrested by London PD, for destruction of property, and of course started doing her own impression of Eric Idle going "HELP HELP, I'M BEING OPPRESSED!" while being carted off to jail.

Someone should have told her... they have more than one of those balloons.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Kirby101 is right, NOBODY has the balls to tell Trump he looks like a comically ill dressed rube, not Melania, not his kids, not his aides, no one! On top of that, I suspect if someone did have the nerve to break the bad news to Trump, he wouldn’t believe them.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Parkland deputy who failed to confront school shooter arrested on 11 criminal charges

Scot Peterson, the former Broward Sheriff’s deputy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland, has been criminally charged for failing to confront a gunman who methodically shot and killed 17 students and staffers, state authorities said Tuesday.

The 56-year-old ex-deputy was arrested Tuesday on 11 charges — including child neglect, culpable negligence and perjury — for his role in the massacre that shocked the United States, galvanized gun-control activism and led to changes in Florida’s law.

Peterson, who has long insisted he acted properly, faces nearly 100 years in prison if convicted.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Yeah, he acted proper all right....a proper coward.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Jeez how did not one person tell him hey you look like an ass get some clothes that fit. I suppose they are probably afraid of what he may do if they rock the boat, but if he had any real friends someone would have been like common dude hit the tailor before you go out in that.
    He doesn't have real friends

Extraordinary Member

I'm not really a fan of him getting charged. I get that it's his job, but it's a dangerous as **** precedent to say you are going to convict someone for not going into a dangerous situation. Fire him and strip of his pension for inability to due his duty. Convicting him of criminals acts is a step too far. Also I can see it causing an issue with certain trigger happy cops

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I'm not really a fan of him getting charged. I get that it's his job, but it's a dangerous as **** precedent to say you are going to convict someone for not going into a dangerous situation. Fire him and strip of his pension for inability to due his duty. Convicting him of criminals acts is a step too far. Also I can see it causing an issue with certain trigger happy cops
    While I’ve thought the guy was an abject coward, I agree that he didn’t need to be charged. He won’t admit it publicly, but I’d be surprised if he isn’t living daily with the guilt over his inaction and will take same to his grave, so the prospect of prison on top of that would be overkill.

iMan 42s

There is a balance.
    As an officer you have to approach the job with the expectation you are going to get injured or killed in the line of duty. Going in you have to accept that you are an enforcer of the law, you are not invincible. You enforce laws and as such are the local guard to protect the citizenry and are equipped to do so. Bare bones that is what a cop does. A cop is required and is bound by that very law they uphold to protect the people and their better interests. That is also why they carry a gun. Sometimes the unthinkable has to be done in the interest of saving lives, and as the guardians of our community they must commit violent acts knowing that they can be killed if it means they save those under threat. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

Failure to protect the community is one thing. Sometimes a situation is so far outside the grasp of our enforcers that they can't save everybody or anybody at all. But failure to act in any capacity is denying the purpose of their training and oath to the people. Police are our guardians and should they fail to act accordingly with their duty they fail the community oftentimes with disastrous consequences. It's the difference between acting and failing and no action at all. Failing someone in the line of duty implies the officer did what they could, failure to act is negligence on behalf of the people they serve.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

As of May 29, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement has stopped covering the cost of education and recreation for unaccompanied minors, according to officials in Yolo County, Calif.
    https://twitter.com/PatrickMichels/s...59018999046146

Don't worry. Everything is totally fine with our migrant policies.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    While I’ve thought the guy was an abject coward, I agree that he didn’t need to be charged. He won’t admit it publicly, but I’d be surprised if he isn’t living daily with the guilt over his inaction and will take same to his grave, so the prospect of prison on top of that would be overkill.
    Politely disagree with a git of this.

Even if I'm on the fence about the charges when it comes to his actions that day, he absolutely deserves the perjury charge/count.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely disagree with a git of this.

Even if I'm on the fence about the charges when it comes to his actions that day, he absolutely deserves the perjury charge/count.
    I agree with this, but I would also think prosecutors shouldn't charge him with the other stuff. When prosecutors go forward with any specific charge, they should believe the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If that's not the case, there's a problem.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Kirby101 is right, NOBODY has the balls to tell Trump he looks like a comically ill dressed rube, not Melania, not his kids, not his aides, no one! On top of that, I suspect if someone did have the nerve to break the bad news to Trump, he wouldn’t believe them.
    I think it might also be that some in Trump's administration like seeing him look the fool. I can almost see some intern about to tell him and Kelly Anne Conway holds him back, saying "Nobody tell him."
    Last edited by Malvolio; 06-04-2019 at 11:19 PM.