Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
You seem to be arguing with a point I haven't made. It is simultaneously possible for Russia and Putin to have engaged in wrongdoing in the 2016 election and for various individuals to have an exaggerated sense of their impact, which plays into Putin's hands since it results in a more divided United States, and creates the sense that the country with either the 11th or 12th highest GDP (the IMF says it's #11; the UN and World Bank think it's in 12th place behind South Korea) is the mastermind of all these global events.

Keep in mind I was responding to someone who suggested Russians may have a long-term plan of causing unrest in the United States by backing politicians who want lax gun laws in the lead-up to a race war.
The flaws in your argument as I see it.

1. "various individuals to have an exaggerated sense of their impact": The Impact of Russia on the 2016 election was not well understood, and not made public until after Trump was elected. "Sense of impact" implies a non-factual view of the events of what happened in 2016. Problem with that assumption is that we have had The Mueller Investigation and subsequent Report that spells out exactly what happened, factually. Which may soon become available unredacted.

2. Various members of the US Intelligence Community, Including the FBI Director, and DNI Coates, have testified under oath to Congress that Russia is now and will continue to intervene in the upcoming election.