Page 209 of 667 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 10005
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

It keeps getting worse out there.

A Passaic County woman was attacked and knocked unconscious after complaining to a school vice principal about three students who threatened her son and told him “to go back to Mexico,” the woman’s attorney said Tuesday.

Beronica Ruiz, 35, of Passaic, was attacked June 19 at Lexington Avenue and Monroe Street as she pushed a stroller with her 1-year-old baby inside and her 12-year-old son walking with her, according to her attorney, Daniel Santiago of Clifton.

“This was a horrific and brutal attack,” Santiago told NJ Advance Media. “It takes a certain level of insanity to brutally attack a mother with a stroller and leave her for dead.”

The woman was hospitalized for two days after a 13-year-old student – one of three who had been taunting her son – “essentially jumped my client,” Santiago said.

She suffered a fractured eye socket, bruises and a bloodied eye that remained red for days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While saying "The Blonde Female..." is something I would take minor issue with, Earhardt and the rest of the morning crew(including the folks on the weekend broadcast) are essentially the same as Carlson. They are just there to repeat the party line(with an obvious exception for the rare instances where Trump stumbles into making a not completely dumb call/Carlson having some sort of a specific issue with Bolton). No matter how unacceptable the party line might be.
    That's Earhardt? Damn, she looks completely different from last year.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Who else is watching the debates tonight?
    I wasn't going too but I am watching the preshow coverage so I might watch some. I really want to see some breakout POLICY moments. I think it cant be all TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP he will be stealing headlines with insane namecalling tweets as soon as he can.

They need to use the chance to get the message out that we have significant policy reasons you should vote Democrat and you should give a ****.

I think immigration should be an easy win for Beto to make ground. He knows the border he knows the people he can speak passionately about how we should treat migrants and children. They all need to have significant points in this way. Point out that Democrats do want border security but we want humane solutions and real solutions. Point out the waste of wall money when it could have gone to solving this issue with camps and more judges etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    That's Earhardt? Damn, she looks completely different from last year.
    Dude, talking about a woman's looks probably only winds up going in the wrong direction. Maybe we should just leave that alone.

As for the actual "Substance..." of what the three weekday hosts say, someone pointed out to me that the following recently turned up in Earhardt's Twitter feed...

Every Day Is A Gift And An Opportunity To Follow Where Christ Is Leading. Don't Miss A Step!
    Going of the assumption that Christ is real and leading, I think she may have dropped the ball on that one.

And the debate is kicking off.

...unlike other things I've watched, I probably won't live comment this. This will probably be normal, which is kind of nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Who else is watching the debates tonight?
    I just want to know if they will ask anyone who isn't currently a Senator if voters would be better off if they were running for a Senate seat?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I just want to know if they will ask anyone who isn't currently a Senator if voters would be better off if they were running for a Senate seat?
    That would be a really good question to ask especially the lowest poling currently.

BANNED

I'm very glad everyone wants to talk about student loan debt! I favor Warren, but to be frank: Free College is a terrible, terrible idea.

At the very least more needs to be said that tuition will be free and colleges are going to be hammered for their predatory behavior and tuition hikes.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    That would be a really good question to ask especially the lowest poling currently.
    Forget where they are polling.

Each one of the folks who isn't currently a member of the Senate should be able to tell folks why they wouldn't potentially be doing the voters more good by running for Senate.

I guess I'll say this.

Beto, answer the goddamn question! Also, answer that question Billy boy!

Mom's reaction: I like Warren and I'm really like this Castro guy. They answer questions and seem like they know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I guess I'll say this.

Beto, answer the goddamn question! Also, answer that question Billy boy!

Mom's reaction: I like Warren and I'm really like this Castro guy. They answer questions and seem like they know what they are talking about.
    Warren hit the ball right out of the park with her first statement. Others are pretty much of the same mind, give or take. That's fine.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Warren is a master debater.

And we're off to the races! Beto and Bill are snapping at each other.

Big debate, health care. They all agree the principle, the difference is Is it "Medicare for all" or "Medicare for all who need it"?