Page 593 of 667 FirstFirst ... 93493543583589590591592593594595596597603643 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,895 of 10005
    Extraordinary Member

“See, we were right to worry”

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Well yeah, we were concerned that a 78 year old dude might not be able to physically do the incredibly stressful job.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Well yeah, we were concerned that a 78 year old dude might not be able to physically do the incredibly stressful job.
    Considering the top 3 candidates are all in their 70’s and the President they will face is in his 70’s, I’m sure it was just a totally genuine age concern about that specific person and not an excuse to dismiss him and now this is a convenient event for him to be put of the way or easily argued against....

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Pompeo confirms he was on call between Trump and Ukraine leader

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo confirmed on Wednesday that he had listened in on a call between U.S. President Donald Trump and Ukraine's leader that has caused a storm, saying the conversation had centered on U.S. policy priorities.

Following a whistleblower complaint last week, Democrats are investigating Trump's request to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy during the July 25 phone call to investigate former vice president Joe Biden.

"I was on the phone call," Pompeo told reporters during a visit to Italy, confirming previous media reports.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Considering the top 3 candidates are all in their 70’s and the President they will face is in his 70’s, I’m sure it was just a totally genuine age concern about that specific person and not an excuse to dismiss him and now this is a convenient event for him to be put of the way or easily argued against....
    Except for the part where that concern was in fact shared with regard to Biden and Warren as well, with several of us wishing for a candidate that skewed younger. Unfortunately, things didn't work out that way but that isn't stopping you from making bald faces assumptions nor retracting your previous ridicoulessness.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Except for the part where that concern was in fact shared with regard to Biden and Warren as well, with several of us wishing for a candidate that skewed younger. Unfortunately, things didn't work out that way but that isn't stopping you from making bald faces assumptions nor retracting your previous ridicoulessness.
    Why would I retract something I actually think? Yeah obviously it was an assumption

Why would I retract something I actually think? Yeah obviously it was an assumption
    So you did in fact mean 'here' when you said people would be celebrating, not on twitter and not on Facebook as you tried to backtrack on a post later? Good to know.

Extraordinary Member

So you did in fact mean 'here' when you said people would be celebrating, not on twitter and not on Facebook as you tried to backtrack on a post later? Good to know.
    Yeah I meant here. I definitely think it’s true. I definitely think their have been people specifically in this thread that were toxic when it came to him and made up lies and went out of their way to smear him that I wouldn’t be surprised to believe find this convenient. Are you happy now. Or do you want to cry about it more? This is a waste of time

Yeah I meant here. I definitely think it’s true. I definitely think their have been people specifically in this thread that were toxic when it came to him and made up lies and went out of their way to smear him that I wouldn’t be surprised to believe find this convenient. Are you happy now. Or do you want to cry about it more? This is a waste of time
    You really are embarrassing yourself at this point.

Extraordinary Member

That’s your opinion, it doesn’t really matter much to me. Can we move on or does this still bother you enough that we have to keep going?

Agreed.

That’s your opinion, it doesn’t really matter much to me. Can we move on or does this still bother you enough that we have to keep going?
    If what we think here doesn't matter to you and you think so many people here are 'toxic', then why keep posting?

What's 'ecstatic' about this post? isn't it strange that you see a post where the next 5 words were the bolded as attacking Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    see? we were right to worry. Sanders had the best ideas. sure. but what would have happened if these heart issues came up during the fight against Trump? that said, i wish him the best. he's responsible for bringing people to the left. i owe him for that.

I mean I personally dont think a 70 year old SHOULD be President.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    What I find weird is that about a week into the impeachment investigation, after daily insane meltdowns on twitter, with a weak economy and drowning in a swamp of scandals, there hasn't really been a dip in Trump's approval yet. He holds on to the slight improvement he saw a few months ago.
    Don't ever doubt Trump's cult of personality. Trump could, say, drop his pants and relieve himself on orphans and his approval rating will likely remain the same.

Vulgarities aside, it illustrates the reality that there are people who will always support Trump because he's Trump, not in spite of the fact that he's Trump. Sure, he will have Republican support who would, at the end of the day, prefer a Republican at all costs, yet you're never going to waiver the minds of those who have long adjusted the belief that Trump is this knightly figure who ascended to the elite, in spite of evidence to the contrary (he was born wealthy, he has had numerous failed enterprises, he has flip-flopped the political spectrum, and he has barely gotten stuff done in office thanks to the partisan divide that he has helped stoke the flames of).

try using the actual quote feature next time. i was a diehard Bernie fan (voted for him in the primaries) until those first few debates. i was genuinely worried about the guy. his politics are the closest to my own.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 10-02-2019 at 11:20 AM.