Page 553 of 667 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603653 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 10005
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Clearly, Trump is innocent and handling the pressure with the calmness of an innocent man:

Caramel Caligula is looking more orange with each passing day.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Caramel Caligula is looking more orange with each passing day.
    Damn those LED bulbs.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It’s hilarious and utterly tragic that nearly 50% percent of Americans see Trump being so openly racists and sexist, not being mentally or emotionally stable, and potentially committing multiple acts of treason and their response is “doing great Donny!”

Coward.

Trumps tweets aren't the career-ending problem, rather the dark money which would be poured into the campaign of any challenger to Sasse's seat.
    Campaign finance reform should be the first priority of all Democrats or Republicans who are serious about giving the government back to the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s hilarious and utterly tragic that nearly 50% percent of Americans see Trump being so openly racists and sexist, not being mentally or emotionally stable, and potentially committing multiple acts of treason and their response is “doing great Donny!”
    I lean more towards tragic.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 09-22-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Coward.

Trumps tweets aren't the career-ending problem, rather the dark money which would be poured into the campaign of any challenger to Sasse's seat.
    Campaign finance reform should be the first priority of all Democrats or Republicans who are serious about giving the government back to the people.

In order to get campaign finance reform to stick, the Democrats will need to pack the courts. The Supreme Idiots have consistently ruled in favor of 'One Dollar, One Vote' over and over again. And this was before Benedict Donald was allowed to fill a full fourth of the lower courts with his own guys - many of whom I am certain would openly rule that things which they accept under Trump are unconstitutional should a Democrat attempt them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'm articulating the philosophy in order to address the problem; I am not endorsing it in any way.

With climate change policy, it is relevant that that the problem won't be solved by Americans reducing our standard of living; we need to get other countries on-board with reducing emissions.
    And how exactly can we do that if we ignore it until they start doing it first? If we're not willing to put our money where our mouth is why should they be?

I don't just ask people what we should infer from silence; I do allow the possibility that prominent officials within the party have clearly articulated a limiting principle on legal immigration and that I've just missed it. If prominent Democratic party officials have expressed a satisfaction with the status quo on legal immigration processes, that would be quite relevant to the discussion but I'm not seeing evidence of it.
    I've seen no evidence that any Dem supporter with legislative power has been asked the question in order to remain silent on it, I just see you saying they are in response to elected Republican Politicians defending actual child abuse that has led to multiple deaths. Regardless of what they don't say, what's being defended and excused every day from this President is painfully obvious to anyone with eyes and ears. Just saying 'Trump Bad!' means nothing if you vote for those who support him and agree with the policies he's allowing to be enacted.

Looking at how Jerry Seinfeld jokes about Jewish stereotypes isn't individual-based; we could respond to a politically liberal Jewish comedian the same way we would to a politically conservative Jewish comedian.
    And I wouldn't call either out for making jokes about Jewish stereotypes, so what's your point? In Trudeau's case he's actually been walking the walk when it comes to minority issues, from what little I know of Canadian Politics at least. If he sticks by his apology and keeps working to help these people while realizing how bad what he did was then I accept his apology. I do not accept the apology of folks who support Trump or other obvious bigots in a similar situation as their actions haven't proven their words are heartfelt, and a donation just doesn't cut it alone. Get out there and lend a hand building habitats for humanity like Jimmy Carter, or something else to benefit those they belittled.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    And how exactly can we do that if we ignore it until they start doing it first? If we're not willing to put our money where our mouth is why should they be?
    There are some ways to handle this. We could form treaties so that multiple regulations go into effect at the same time. We could also take some steps prior to those treaties to show our seriousness.

I've seen no evidence that any Dem supporter with legislative power has been asked the question in order to remain silent on it, I just see you saying they are in response to elected Republican Politicians defending actual child abuse that has led to multiple deaths. Regardless of what they don't say, what's being defended and excused every day from this President is painfully obvious to anyone with eyes and ears. Just saying 'Trump Bad!' means nothing if you vote for those who support him and agree with the policies he's allowing to be enacted.
    Legislators do have the ability to express opinions on matters in either press releases or interviews, so I'm not really persuaded by the idea that the only reason Democrats aren't saying what limits they want to see on legal immigration is that no one has thought to ask that question (which would be a major indictment of the mainstream media.)

And I wouldn't call either out for making jokes about Jewish stereotypes, so what's your point? In Trudeau's case he's actually been walking the walk when it comes to minority issues, from what little I know of Canadian Politics at least. If he sticks by his apology and keeps working to help these people while realizing how bad what he did was then I accept his apology. I do not accept the apology of folks who support Trump or other obvious bigots in a similar situation as their actions haven't proven their words are heartfelt, and a donation just doesn't cut it alone. Get out there and lend a hand building habitats for humanity like Jimmy Carter, or something else to benefit those they belittled.
    My point was that suggesting that Jewish comedians have greater flexibility joking about Jewish stereotypes and African-American comedians have greater flexibility joking about those stereotypes is ultimately a politically neutral view. The idea that Amy Schumer, who is politically liberal, and Adam Sandler, who is politically conservative, can still be held to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Coward.

The Sasse situation is a bit different in that he doesn't seem to be praised for backing Trump, but for being quiet about his opposition to Trump's attitude.

I'm not sure this is a situation where dark money would matter. If Trump announces that he's backing some minor statewide official or the mayor of Omaha, that person will do okay in small-dollar funding and will get a lot of media attention. Dark money funding could be helpful in offsetting a Trump type.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

And yet, polling on whether or not he should be impeached is nearly even.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And yet, polling on whether or not he should be impeached is nearly even.
    According to Politico/ Morning Consult, about 37 percent of the population is in favor of beginning impeachment proceedings against President Trump.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...t-poll-1500741

Do you have a different poll?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

According to Politico/ Morning Consult, about 37 percent of the population is in favor of beginning impeachment proceedings against President Trump.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...t-poll-1500741

Do you have a different poll?
    As Democrats Flip Flop on Impeachment, Here's What The Polls Say

Mixed signals from public and weak messaging from Dems.

Personally, I believe that the only way to get support for Impeachment is to start having public impeachment hearings.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-22-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lightbulb

A good explanation of why impeachment would likely backfire -

Edit - LANGUAGE WARNING (for one word regarding Bill Clinton)

Last edited by Celgress; 09-22-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

They listed 8 days with Obama having a higher rating for 5 days to trump's 3 days. The link also provided an image that has Obama with an overall higher rating than trump yet the article still claims that trump is on top? Ok.

Donald Trump vs. the United States of America

Sometimes it’s worth stepping back to look at the full picture.

He has pressured a foreign leader to interfere in the 2020 American presidential election.

He urged a foreign country to intervene in the 2016 presidential election.

He divulged classified information to foreign officials.

He publicly undermined American intelligence agents while standing next to a hostile foreign autocrat.

He hired a national security adviser whom he knew had secretly worked as a foreign lobbyist.

He encourages foreign leaders to enrich him and his family by staying at his hotels.

There are 34 more sentences ....

I wish this nightmare was over. Anyone crazy enough to support Trump should have a full-on psychiatric evaluation.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A good explanation of why impeachment would likely backfire -

Edit - LANGUAGE WARNING (for one word regarding Bill Clinton)

I’ve had so many arguments with fellow Democrats about this. I just don’t understand what they think the endgame of Impeachment would bring. McConnell is going to shoot down any chance of removal from office. Nearly 50% of the country has shown that they don’t care about facts or clear evidence of his crimes. If new information comes to light would McConnell and the Senate Republicans and Republican voters suddenly say “oh my god, you’re right. Trump is a criminal.” No they most certainly would not. About 10% of Americans are undecided at this point. These people don’t give a **** about Trump’s involvement with Russia or the Ukraine.

I hate having to defend myself as being “soft on Trump’s crimes.” I’m just a realist.