Page 118 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2764
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Make up your mind, Dalak. Do you want to reference Stephen King or Alfred Hitchcock?
    Why not both? Let's through some Edgar Allen Poe in as well.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

Make up your mind, Dalak. Do you want to reference Stephen King or Alfred Hitchcock?
    I reject your reality and reference my own!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Why not both? Let's through some Edgar Allen Poe in as well.
    Call Saul in the House of Usher!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post

Call Saul in the House of Usher!
    All right. I've got one. C'thlouis Creed in the Pet Sematery.

All right. I've got one. C'thlouis Creed in the Pet Sematery.
    That sounds like a job for Frankenstein's Monster Squad!

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day published profiles about Missouri State Senator Paul Wieland, a front-line soldier in the GOP’s “War on Women” that since taking office in 2010, has gone out of his way to try and find ways to undermine the Affordable Care Act, particularly that medical insurance policies can often cover the cost of contraceptive coverage for women. He personally filed a lawsuit against the federal government in 2013 to make sure that he, a good Catholic, wasn’t paying for any potential contraceptives for his daughter on his insurance plan, referring to birth control pills as “abortion inducing drugs” that were “intrinsically evil”. The courts dismissed Wieland’s case as frivolous, not realizing his stunt would do little to deter him. After the Burwell v. Hobby Lobby ruling, Wieland immediately filed another lawsuit against the government, which also got laughed out of court. Paul Wieland also files dimwitted legislation to prevent the implantation of Sharia Law in Missouri, or to prevent the sinister United Nations Agenda 21 treaty. Heck, he’s even voted for efforts to nullify federal firearms laws, drug test welfare recipients, stricter Voter ID laws (to combat the statistically non-existent problem of in-person voter fraud), ag-gag laws to prevent any oversight against livestock farmers, and voted for SJR 39, a special little bill to prohibit any state employee from being penalized for declining to participate in same-sex marriage ceremonies.

In November of 2015, after a series of highly publicized racist incidents at the University of Missouri that school president Tim Wolfe refused to act upon, and in some instances, Wolfe himself dug the hole deeper by chastising protesters, the Missouri Tigers Football Team threatened to boycott games unless Wolfe was fired. Wolfe resigned, and it seemed like that was that. Except, it wasn’t for Paul Wieland, who just couldn’t stomach any kind of improvement in race relations, apparently, on those terms, and needed to go after someone as retribution, choosing Gary Pinkel, the now former head coach of the team, who approved of his players’ choice. Here’s where it gets more grotesque… Coach Pinkel had resigned to seek treatment for lymphoma, and the university had bought out the remainder of his contract so he could do so and for his fifteen year loyal tenure in turning around the football team, they also offered him a job as an ambassador of the athletic department. Well, in true “smaller government” interests, Wieland began to publicly criticize the school for these moves, apparently finding less of a problem with a school president who created an environment of permissive racism to a beloved coach for supporting his players through a hard decision.

Paul Wieland was pursuing a second term in office in 2018, even with a Blue Wave crashing upon the GOP across the country, and while Missouri Republicans are also scrambling and in damage control over the scandal surrounding Gov. Eric Greitens, Wieland still managed to get re-elected with 58% of the vote. Barring any scandals that would force his resignation, he does not face term limits until his new term is up in 2022, and will continue his quest to deny women in Missouri their reproductive rights (and boy, is he busy right now).
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah! What he said!

====================

Joe Biden Slams ‘Divider-In-Chief’ Trump In Philadelphia Campaign Kickoff

The former vice president touted a message of unity, pointing to Trump’s defeat as “the single most important thing we have to accomplish.” Uncle Joe gets off to rollicking good start.

Game Asked Players To Kill Journalist, Make Him ‘Famous In A Different Way’

Developers TFG Co. removed the level after HuffPost’s story. What a shame. That probably was the only game the media hating Trump would've played.

Trump Officials Identify 1,700 More Children Who May Have Been Separated From Parents

The children came into the country before Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy. Tens of thousands of files on immigrant children still need to be reviewed. This is nothing short of abominable!

Missouri Lawmaker Backpedals On Suggestion That ‘Consensual Rapes’ Exist

Rep. Barry Hovis claims to have misspoken during a debate over the state’s restrictive new abortion bill. Well, isn't that what Republicans ALWAYS say after they're called on the carpet for some idiotic thing they said? Oh, WBEEEEEEEE....!

The White Supremacist Professor Teaching At A Public University

Ricardo Duchesne teaches students at a Canadian university while moonlighting on white nationalist podcasts and spouting racist conspiracy theories. Makes you wonder how many professors here in the U.S. moonlight as white supremacist assholes?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/berni...R9PeR0iW1-F_ge

Bernie Sanders Used His Campaign Data To Drive Turnout On Strike Picket Lines
    In an unusual move for a presidential candidate, the campaign of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) sent out targeted text messages and emails to its supporters in California a day ahead of the strike, urging them to join workers as they rallied against the university system in a labor dispute.

“Tens of thousands of workers in the University of California system are standing up this Thursday to stop the outsourcing and privatization of union jobs,” the email said. “We are hoping you can join these workers tomorrow.”

The note included an RSVP link and an address for a local picket.

The move apparently worked, according to John de los Angeles, a spokesperson for the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Local 3299, one of the unions involved in the strike.

“I deployed a press team across the state and was in contact with them,” de los Angeles said. “They were sending me pictures of random supporters out on the line because they had received an email or text from the Bernie campaign. That happened all over the place.”
    Last edited by numberthirty; 05-19-2019 at 02:23 AM.

That Sniper 3-D game is genuinely awful. I don't usually have any issues with violence in my gaming but I got to a level that asked me to shoot fleeing orange-jumpsuited prisoners in the back as they ran away and, well, I was grossed the hell out and deleted it.

Ultimate Member

Normally I'd pass this sort of thing as meaningless but we've already seen parody become reality before and I don't WANT to live out Demolition Man!

Pick your side in the Franchise Wars now, because without further ado:

Taco Bell Is Opening a Hotel in Palm Springs This Summer
    Ha! Some would argue that we're already living in Demolition Man ( except for the bit with the seashells)!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Good for him. Sanders has good ideas when he sticks to his lane.

If he weren't so old, he could be become one of the better labor secretaries this country has had, under the next president.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I'm baffled about what trump's game is with the immigrants. He separates the children from their parents, places them in cages, gives them poor health care that results in the death of 4 children, the government can't find the parents of thousands of children, calls it a national crisis and an invasion, moves money away from vets and other government agencies to fund his wall and now plans on releasing the immigrants across the nation? trump has to know that this will cause more immigration and I'm wonder if that's his goal; have another wave of immigrants come so that he can renew his 'invasion/crisis' rhetoric to bolster support for the wall.
    No, the reality is that he didn't know what to do with them.

He had to appeal to his base so ICE ended up being his secret police and when he actually did have people rounded up, where did they go? Cages and went "missing", which is to say they either died there or they cut them loose and or dare I say never collected the kids at all. People got sent back to Mexico, but people ended up in camps under dubious direction.

The wall is BTW in the process of being designed, but nothing was ever going to happen that early into Trump's tenure. And yeah, reports are that the wall was still being designed, so nothing was ever going to show up. Nothing's even going to show up this year even.

At the end of the day, Trump was about 20 years too late for the immigration "crisis". You can't put the genie back in the bottle at this point and him fumbling the ball isn't a chess move, it's him fumbling the ball. He doesn't know what to do with a 20+ year old issue and we have no infrastructure to deal with that.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Ha! Some would argue that we're already living in Demolition Man ( except for the bit with the seashells)!
    Give climate change some time.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    No, the reality is that he didn't know what to do with them.

He had to appeal to his base so ICE ended up being his secret police and when he actually did have people rounded up, where did they go? Cages and went "missing", which is to say they either died there or they cut them loose and or dare I say never collected the kids at all. People got sent back to Mexico, but people ended up in camps under dubious direction.

The wall is BTW in the process of being designed, but nothing was ever going to happen that early into Trump's tenure. And yeah, reports are that the wall was still being designed, so nothing was ever going to show up. Nothing's even going to show up this year even.

At the end of the day, Trump was about 20 years too late for the immigration "crisis". You can't put the genie back in the bottle at this point and him fumbling the ball isn't a chess move, it's him fumbling the ball. He doesn't know what to do with a 20+ year old issue and we have no infrastructure to deal with that.
    Maybe the reason he's decades behind on everything is because he's a vindictive moron that never lets go of a grudge no matter how much time passes.
    I remember the panic about Mexicans when I was a kid, it taught me a lesson about how racist Missouri can be, I think he's still holding on to that.

I think Trump's biggest regret in life was that he wasn't around to be a part of the Rat Pack.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Maybe the reason he's decades behind on everything is because he's a vindictive moron that never lets go of a grudge no matter how much time passes.
    I remember the panic about Mexicans when I was a kid, it taught me a lesson about how racist Missouri can be, I think he's still holding on to that.
    Just like he’s held onto his grudge against the NFL for that legal battle he lost way back in 1987, thus his moronic crusade against players who knelt during the anthem, and the shitstorm that followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think Trump's biggest regret in life was that he wasn't around to be a part of the Rat Pack.
    Are you kidding? Frankie, Dino and the boys wouldn’t have wanted anything to do with Trump and had him thrown out on his ear (or bumped off as it was rumored Sinatra had connections in the Mob).
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!