Page 539 of 667 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 10005

EPA to revoke California’s power to limit vehicle emissions

The Trump administration on Wednesday will revoke California's power to enforce more stringent limits on vehicle carbon pollution than the federal government, sparking a battle with the state that has led a revolt against the EPA's rollbacks of dozens of environmental regulations.

The long-expected move seeks to neuter California's resistance to President Donald Trump's proposed rewrite of the Obama-era rules that would have required automakers to accelerate the deployment of more fuel-efficient cars and light trucks, a high priority in the state that has led the nation in efforts to fight climate change.
    The Trump EPA had originally planned to withdraw California's waiver at the same time it issues its broader proposal to roll back federal auto emissions standards. But the administration accelerated its plans to single out California after the state struck an agreement with Ford and three other car makers to continue to lower their vehicles' emissions, even if the federal rules are frozen. California's deal with the automakers recently drew a stern rebuke from EPA and the Transportation Department as well as an anti-trust investigation from the Justice Department.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom blasted the Trump administration for undermining its efforts to cut pollution and fight climate change.

“The president could learn from California," Newsom said in a statement. "Instead, reports today suggest that his administration will act on a political vendetta by announcing they intend to end aspects of our clean car waiver."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Newsom is spot on right about this being a vendetta. Remember, Trump lost California to Hillary in 2016, something I’m sure he hasn’t forgotten and is out to screw over the state by any means necessary.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-17-2019 at 05:12 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Newsom is spot on right about this being a vendetta. Remember, Trump lost California to Hillary in 2016, something I’m sure he hasn’t forgotten and is out to screw over the state by any means necessary.
    but STATES RIGHTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    And not one word about increasing infant mortality, which you were saying an unstated increase would result in less deaths than the abortion rates before the Trump administration without anything to back it up. It seems I was right that you hadn't considered that before my post, and that you consider to ignore it.

Rural hospitals are closing at increasing rates, and despite the top healthcare costs on the planet the quality is still going down compared to many other first world countries. Then you factor in the efforts to throw millions of Americans off of their insurance and that results in more deaths of babies as well as people of every age.
    From the perspective of many people who are pro-life, there isn't much of a difference between an abortion and the death of an infant. I'm not saying this is the correct way of looking at things.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    From the perspective of someone who is pro-life, there isn't much of a difference between an abortion and the death of an infant. I'm not saying this is the correct way of looking at things.
    I'm confused, is this your perspective that you are saying isn't correct? Could you make your perspective clear if that isn't the case.

From the perspective of many people who are pro-life, there isn't much of a difference between an abortion and the death of an infant. I'm not saying this is the correct way of looking at things.
    Would you like to explain how Republicans are experts on being pro-life as the party all defends Trump sending immigrant kids who need to stay here for medical treatment off to their home countries to die?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'm confused, is this your perspective that you are saying isn't correct? Could you make your perspective clear if that isn't the case.
    The chain of posts started with a discussion about the overall views of the Republican party and typical voters, who are probably a bit more anti-abortion than I am. The question was about what Republicans believe, rather than what policies I, as an individual, would prefer.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Would you like to explain how Republicans are experts on being pro-life as the party all defends Trump sending immigrant kids who need to stay here for medical treatment off to their home countries to die?
    That approach is more realpolitik than pro-life, to be honest.

What specifically articulated immigration policy are you advocating for?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

The ''Pro-Life'' movement treats kids like they are comic books, they are only worth something in their original wrappings.

When the Pro-Life movement seems to be totally indifferent to kids when they are outside the womb, it's pretty easy to see them in a cynical light.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/co...-in-patriarchy

Not putting children in cages to start with. I can't believe that has to be debated. But let's side step, 1,2,3....
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The chain of posts started with a discussion about the overall views of the Republican party and typical voters, who are probably a bit more anti-abortion than I am. The question was about what Republicans believe, rather than what policies I, as an individual, would prefer.
    Whatever it started as, I asked what your personal perspective was in this case. E: To clarify, this case being whether the decrease in Abortions brought about by the Trump Administration is worth the loss of healthcare provided by Planned parenthood and the push to uninsure many millions of Americans and the deaths which it will cause or contribute to.
    Last edited by Dalak; 09-17-2019 at 09:20 PM.

In first post elections speech Netanyahu refuses to concede. blames the media for biased coverage.

This is very eerie because we know this is exactly what Trump will do if he loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not putting children in cages to start with. I can't believe that has to be debated. But let's side step, 1,2,3....
    And not murdering them by stripping them of ongoing medical treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    The ''Pro-Life'' movement treats kids like they are comic books, they are only worth something in their original wrappings.

When the Pro-Life movement seems to be totally indifferent to kids when they are outside the womb, it's pretty easy to see them in a cynical light.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/co...-in-patriarchy
    That is a great way of putting it. Bravo!

I don't think we need a detailed immigration policy to someone's satisfaction just for saying that we think murdering people through the current one is bad. There are several good versions of progressive immigration reform out there, none of which include the magic phrase nor are in fact 'open borders', to which are probably better than the current system.