Page 193 of 667 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 10005
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Oh, hey, Roy Moore's running for Senate again.
    Spokesman for Moore was on CNN earlier, Ted Crockett. It went as well as you think it did.

TAPPER: Roy Moore said he doesn't think Muslims should be allowed to serve in Congress. Why?

ROY MOORE SPOX TED CROCKETT: Because you have to swear on the Bible

TAPPER: You don't actually have to swear on a Christian Bible

TED CROCKETT: ... ... ��
    By the way, Teddy boy here ran last year for Alabama House of Representatives District 45, but got defeated in the Republican Primary. Hint hint WBE.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Bernie Sanders has taken the news that he's slipping behind Elizabeth Warren in polls and into third place as well as you might expect... Sanders is claiming "the corporate wing of the Democratic Party is publicly about 'anybody but Bernie'."

Because if there's one thing we know about corporations, it's that Elizabeth Warren is exactly who they'd want to be president, right?

But clearly, there's no evidence that Bernie Sanders is only about himself, and content to ratf*** the Democratic nomination and damage who the eventually nominee is. Why, where would anyone get that idea?
    The math here is all kinds of "You're Kidding Me, Right?"

Let's take a minute, and go over why.

The conclusion you seem to be coming to is what's in blue. It is a pretty foolish conclusion.

We are essentially looking at "Running From A Tiger..." rules in this scenario you are on about. "Business As Usual..." Dems don't need Warren to win. They don't want Warren to win. What they do want is Sanders slowed down just enough that a more and more out of touch Biden has a good shot at beating Sanders. Which Warren peeling off "Actually Left Of Right-Center..." Democratic Primary voters will do.

So, yeah. The idea that Sanders is claiming "the corporate wind of the Democratic Party is publicly about 'anybody but Bernie' " equals Sanders is somehow against Warren is kinda goofy.

Edit:

Also worth noting that the following is in the linked article...

Most people took this as an indirect (or not-so-indirect) shot at Warren, but Sanders denied to Cuomo that his tweet was actually an attack against his fellow senator, explaining “that tweet was not about Elizabeth Warren at all. Not at all. Elizabeth is a friend of mine, and we’re going to run what I hope are issue-oriented campaigns.”
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-20-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Spokesman for Moore was on CNN earlier, Ted Crockett. It went as well as you think it did.

By the way, Teddy boy here ran last year for Alabama House of Representatives District 45, but got defeated in the Republican Primary. Hint hint WBE.
    Moore can keep running because he's helping turn the state D everytime he runs.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Moore can keep running because he's helping turn the state D everytime he runs.

Everything about Alabama politics means I can't consistently trust them to make the right call when the choice is "Democrat" or "Republican who's a racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic pedophile".
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

A news story we haven't been discussing enough regarding "the writing on the wall" in 2020... Congresswoman Susan Brooks abruptly announced she's not running for re-election for another term. She is only 1 of the remaining 13 Republican women in the House.

Why it's more significant: She was the NRCC's Recruitment Chair. When the person who's supposed to convince potential candidates to run passes on doing so again herself... well... that's telling about their chances. Similarly, their are already rumors that the NRCC is going to can its overall chair, Tom Emmer, already has people calling for his ouster.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Republicans are raging against the dying of the conservative light, problem is, they’re not going to go down without a fight....and they’ll drag the country into hell with them.
    They're literally like Darkseid in Final Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Everything about Alabama politics means I can't consistently trust them to make the right call when the choice is "Democrat" or "Republican who's a racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic pedophile".
    As someone who lives in the state, AL politics is much like the old adage about shooting oneself in the foot, only with 'Bama, we've repeatedly shot ourselves so much that even the arms are gone.

So apparently Justin Trudeau meet with Trump today and... well.

Justin Trudeau coughing in front of Trump in the Oval Office is all you need to see today

I actually thought the other day that I've love to see a group of protesters who all just started coughing in the middle of a MAGA rally to rattle the f*** out of him.

BANNED

While nothing earthshattering, it's quite an amusing aside: Thousands petition Netflix to cancel Amazon Prime's Good Omens

Christians marshalled by the Return to Order campaign, an offshoot of the US Foundation for a Christian Civilisation, disagree. More than 20,000 supporters have signed a petition in which they say that Good Omens is “another step to make satanism appear normal, light and acceptable”, and “mocks God’s wisdom”. God, they complain, is “voiced by a woman” – Frances McDormand – the antichrist is a “normal kid” and, most importantly, “this type of video makes light of Truth, Error, Good and Evil, and destroys the barriers of horror that society still has for the devil”. They are calling on Netflix to cancel the show.

Gaiman responded to the petition on Twitter, writing: “I love that they are going to write to Netflix to try and get #GoodOmens cancelled. Says it all really. This is so beautiful ... Promise me you won’t tell them?”

AGAIN??? Oh, wait. No. That's the original and it's STIL Hilarious.

The look on that guy's face when Tapper explained that you don't have to swear on a Christian Bible. Does he think that all the Jewish Senators and Congressional Representatives swore on Christian Bibles?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    While nothing earthshattering, it's quite an amusing aside: Thousands petition Netflix to cancel Amazon Prime's Good Omens
    Bible thumpers are such incredible morons, but, that goes without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The look on that guy's face when Tapper explained that you don't have to swear on a Christian Bible. Does he think that all the Jewish Senators and Congressional Representatives swore on Christian Bibles?
    Yeah, I think he did. Pathetic.

====================

Trump Reportedly Orders Military To Attack Iran Before Strikes Suddenly Called Off

The president issued a warning earlier this week that Tehran had made a “very big mistake” when it shot down a U.S. spy drone. Keep an eye on this growing clusterfuck. Trump could use a war with Iran to boost his re-election chances. Meanwhile....

The Trump Administration’s Pressure On Iran Is Creeping Toward Conflict

Trump Claims Latino Voters Want Him To Deport Millions Of Undocumented Immigrants

The president says his hard-line approach to immigration has improved his standing among Hispanic voters. What are the chances Caramel Caligula lied out his orange ass about that claim? I'd say pretty damn good.

Justice Department Argues Against Providing Soap, Toothbrushes, Beds To Detained Kids

“I find it inconceivable that the government would say” current conditions are “safe and sanitary,” as required, said a stunned Judge William Fletcher. I'm surprised that judge was stunned by what he heard from DoJ. The inhumanity of the Trump White House regarding brown skinned immigrants has been well documented.

GOP Refuses To Support Disgraced Roy Moore’s Senate Run In Alabama

Republicans are speaking out against the former judge’s decision to run for office again after he was accused of sexually assaulting teenage girls. I'm surprised the GOP showed a streak of morally responsible behavior. Once in a blue moon sort of thing I guess.

Infowars Host Calls Obama Treasonous, Adds: ‘Find The Tallest Tree And A Rope’

J. Owen Shroyer attacks former president in shocking YouTube War Room video. Funny, I thought Obama was gone from the political scene. But, Republicans will tell you that racism is no longer an issue in America these days.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-21-2019 at 01:43 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

GOP Refuses To Support Disgraced Roy Moore’s Senate Run In Alabama

Republicans are speaking out against the former judge’s decision to run for office again after he was accused of sexually assaulting teenage girls. I'm surprised the GOP showed a streak of morally responsible behavior. Once in a blue moon sort of thing I guess.

I don't think it's about morality, it's about winning. Trump's tweet about Moore last month said that he has nothing against Moore but just doesn't think he can win.
    The GOP wants that seat back and being a loser is worse than being a creeper.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I don't think it's about morality, it's about winning. Trump's tweet about Moore last month said that he has nothing against Moore but just doesn't think he can win.
    The GOP wants that seat back and being a loser is worse than being a creeper.
    That tells you all you need to know about the repugnant state of today's Republican party, and why Joe Biden's patently foolish claim that the GOP will return to some semblance of bipartisan decency after Trump is voted out is utter and complete foolishness. The GOP had been a three-ring shitshow LONG before Trump came along, he simply gave the party free rein to publicly act on their vulgar, greed driven, power hungry and thoroughly disgusting impulses, if anything they'll only get worse should Trump lose.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ummmmmm... WBE!!!! A US Senator is threatening to shoot and kill state troopers!

Anywhoooo, hello from Oregon, where it appears Republican state senators have fled the capitol and are teaming up with local paramilitary groups for a potential armed standoff with state police.
    What the EVERLASTING F**K!!!