Page 425 of 667 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435475525 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    #FireTuckerCarlson Trends After Fox News Host Calls Concerns About White Supremacy a 'Hoax'

So who else on Fox are White Supremacists? Just how deep does it go in Fox?
    Wouldn't it be easier to list the ones who aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I wasn't saying that. I was acknowledging that you never seem to hesitate to pretend that Trump isn't employing actual Neo-Nazis and white nationalists at the White House, even though it's obvious.

If the doctor taps your knee with a little hammer, do you blurt out excuses for white nationalism from the GOP? You might want to have him check to see.
    "Take your head out of the sand, Mets." seems to imply that I was mistaken to suggest there isn't a good chance that a particular senior advisor for policy pushed for flags to be at half-mast until tomorrow because he wanted a Hitler reference.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    #FireTuckerCarlson Trends After Fox News Host Calls Concerns About White Supremacy a 'Hoax'

So who else on Fox are White Supremacists? Just how deep does it go in Fox?
    I don't know if it's white supremacy per-se...more like race baiting for profit.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Well, Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity, for a start.
    Considering that, it was pretty surreal seeing Ingraham damn near flirting with Cornell West when he was on her show not long ago.

I'm not saying that she isn't terrible, just that it was a weird scene.
    Last edited by ed2962; 08-07-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't know if it's white supremacy per-se...more like race baiting for profit.
    Once you factor in some of the obvious realities that most folks in this thread probably don't, I'd have to see someone make a pretty good case that it was actually white supremacist belief and not just hustling those on the "Far Right..." end of things.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Considering that, it was pretty surreal seeing Ingraham damn near flirting with Cornell West when he was on her show not long ago.

I'm not saying that she isn't terrible, just that it was a weird scene.
    Factoring in that she was seemingly engaged to Dinesh D'Souza?

Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Once you factor in some of the obvious realities that most folks in this thread probably don't, I'd have to see someone make a pretty good case that it was actually white supremacist belief and not just hustling those on the "Far Right..." end of things.
    Where's that eyeroll emoji?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Where's that eyeroll emoji?
    Sure...

The "Actually White Supremacist..." outfit has Ricard Spencer on less than CNN.

Are they a part of the problem? Absolutely.

True Believer White Supremacists? Probably not.

I mean in terms of actually affecting the country what's the difference between supporting white supremacy strictly for profit, and doing so because you actually believe it?

Sure at the end of the day, you can admit what you said is bullshit, but if it ends up pushing candidacy, policy, normalcy toward white supremacy what difference does it make?
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I mean in terms of actually affecting the country what's the difference between supporting white supremacy strictly for profit, and doing so because you actually believe it?

Sure at the end of the day, you can admit what you said is bullshit, but if it ends up pushing candidacy, policy, normalcy toward white supremacy what difference does it make?
    To me?

It means folks wind up going after whatever the scam is(in this instance, white supremacy) while the outfit running the scam will remain largely untouched.

Sure...

The "Actually White Supremacist..." outfit has Ricard Spencer on less than CNN.

Are they a part of the problem? Absolutely.

True Believer White Supremacists? Probably not.
    Yeah, that's not what I rolled my eyes about, but you do you.

That said, Kusanagi has the right of it on that part. Merchants of hate don't get to claim they were just there for the money. As Vonnegut says:
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yeah, that's not what I rolled my eyes about, but you do you.

That said, Kusanagi has the right of it on that part. Merchants of hate don't get to claim they were just there for the money. As Vonnegut says:

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    We are talking about that folks asked who actually was a white supremacist.

If you are a merchant, you are not the same thing as a missionary.

It doesn't make much sense to wonder if they actually are the later and not the former. Being the former is issue enough.

To me?

It means folks wind up going after whatever the scam is(in this instance, white supremacy) while the outfit running the scam will remain largely untouched.
    No I meant to the end result or general impact on the country/government and policy. 20 years from now when we're looking back on this, are we really going to differentiate, 'we'll he did it for profit' and 'he did it because of sincere beliefs.' or are we just going to say 'they were white supremacists'
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 08-07-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    No I meant to the end result. 20 years from now when we're looking back on this, are we really going to differentiate, 'we'll he did it for profit' and 'he did it because of sincere beliefs.' or are we just going to say 'they were white supremacists'
    Personally, the true believers will probably wind up in a pile separate from the grifters.

If you don't have the first one, it's hard to have the second.

Take the Iraq War. I remember Cheney as in it for the money.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 08-07-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Personally, the true believers will probably wind up in a pile separate from the grifters.

If you don't have the first one, it's hard to have the second.
    In my opinion the true believers wouldn't have the same degree of influence without the grifters. Which makes the grifters just as loathsome. So in other words they're one indistinguishable pile of ****.