Page 124 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2785
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh, I understand Amash is no saint, far from it, but, compared to all those spineless Republicans who continue looking the ignoring the obvious conclusions from the Mueller report, he almost qualifies. Note, I said "almost". Meanwhile....

Pelosi clashes with fellow Dems in closed-door debate on impeachment

I haven't always agreed with Pelosi on everything, but I'm in lockstep with her here. Using the impeachment hammer on Trump serves no purpose, and could actually derail gains the Democrats made since November. An impeachment vote in the House would only be overturned by the cowardly and complicit Republicans in the Senate, and would certainly add grist to Trump's claim of being the target of a witch hunt, thus gaining him more support for 2020 from sympathetic followers, and perhaps even from independents who may think Democrats went too far by constantly harassing him. As of right now, the only way to get rid of Trump is to vote his ass out of office, THEN go after him in the courts once he no longer has the presidency and the GOP to shield him.
    It's not the impeachment, it's the Impeachment HEARINGS that are important. It was the hearings that lead to Nixon's downfall as the public watched, learned, and understood what was going on. Keeping the public in the dark isn't helping anyone, especially not teh Democrats.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's not the impeachment, it's the Impeachment HEARINGS that are important. It was the hearings that lead to Nixon's downfall as the public watched, learned, and understood what was going on. Keeping the public in the dark isn't helping anyone, especially not teh Democrats.
    That is exactly it Tami.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Oh, I understand Amash is no saint, far from it, but, compared to all those spineless Republicans who continue looking the ignoring the obvious conclusions from the Mueller report, he almost qualifies. Note, I said "almost". Meanwhile....
    Yeah, to be clear I didn't mean you.

Pelosi clashes with fellow Dems in closed-door debate on impeachment

I haven't always agreed with Pelosi on everything, but I'm in lockstep with her here. Using the impeachment hammer on Trump serves no purpose, and could actually derail gains the Democrats made since November. An impeachment vote in the House would only be overturned by the cowardly and complicit Republicans in the Senate, and would certainly add grist to Trump's claim of being the target of a witch hunt, thus gaining him more support for 2020 from sympathetic followers, and perhaps even from independents who may think Democrats went too far by constantly harassing him. As of right now, the only way to get rid of Trump is to vote his ass out of office, THEN go after him in the courts once he no longer has the presidency and the GOP to shield him.
    For all the bluster and all the stalling from Trump and co our democracy has not fallen yet. All that has happend is that we have been shown how weak our democracy actually is. We've been living in an old house with a good paint job and new appliances. Now there are cracks forming on the walls and leaks from the ceiling. So now we know the guy who sold us the house did a quick flip job and never fixed any structural problems.

I think impeachment is inevitable, but its inevitability does not mean that we need to rush. And that is why I do agree in part with Pelosi. I also think she's talking out of the side of her mouth for show and that's part of the plot...but I digress. There is nothing wrong with due diligence . There is nothing wrong with following the rules and standard procedure. Just because the situation is outstanding in scope doesn't mean we have to scramble and do something out of turn. Biggest example of that lesson?? James Comey.

We have a lot of work to do to not just repair the damage done by Trump but to shore up our foundations so that a Trump can never happen again. We might actually have to tear some things down and rebuild from scratch. That is gonna take time and more importantly the trust of the American people. Trust that can lost if the Democrats are seen as rushing this situation. And for what? Because some pundits say that democrats are to scared to act? Like this is some game or whatever. I understand the frustrations of some Democrats but all that energy and enthusiasm will be needed in the coming clashes so they are better off waiting til the right moment to release it. Let him back the Democrats into a corner, let him push until there is 100% no other choice. Then no matter what no one can say that Democrats didn't try to work things out. Because if they do there will be a CVS length receipt of proof to the contrary.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It should be noted that the clusterfuck with Nixon was over forty years ago, back when the country wasn't a fraction as polarized politically as it is today. I seriously doubt that even hearings would get off the ground, not with Republicans hellbent on keeping Trump in office so he can help realize the party's ultimate goal of stacking the courts all the way up to SCOTUS with right wing ideologues. Then there's the rank and file voters, most of whom have already made up their minds and will ride or die with Trump because A) he's their man, and B) they wanna stick it to the libs. Should the Dems continue putting pressure on Caramel Caligula for his misdeeds until he finally cracks or something pops up that neither he, Turtle Boy McConnell or the GOP can defend? Absolutely, but I'm skeptical that playing the impeachment card, even if it's just hearings will get the job done.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yep! It's not “The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors, but only if it is politically expedient.
    Pull List: Animosity,Babyteeth,Birthright,Black Hammer,Black Science,Damned,Deadly Class,Descender,East of West,Eternal Empire,Hellboy,Hillbilly,I Hate Fairyland,Injustice,Kill or be Killed,Lazarus,Manifest Destiny,Outcast,Paper Girls,Rat Queens,Saga,Seven to Eternity,Sex Criminals,Southern Bastards,Star Wars,Stray Bullets,Uber,Usagi Yojimbo,all Valiant,Walking Dead,Wayward,Wicked & Divine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    She is very smart, shrewd, manipulative, ruthless, dishonest, conniving and overambitious. If she had her way, she can get the Twenty-second Amendment repealed. (It is possible to repeal an amendment like when they repealed the 18th Amendment with the Twenty-first Amendment.)
    I don't think any of that is true, but what do you mean by "overambitious" in this context?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    .... who became the new Grand High Witch? Pendaran from the Rumbles Boards.
    You went there. The meme has now crossed boards.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I don't think any of that is true, but what do you mean by "overambitious" in this context?

I kinda want to hear the answer to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    You went there. The meme has now crossed boards.
    I couldn't help myself

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Probably that she had the cojones to think she should be President.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by kirby101 View Post
    probably that she had the cojones to think she should be president.
    "da nerve of dat dame!"
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I know that's what I hear when I hear that, but I want to know what he thinks he's saying. I want to get into that headspace, though it will likely drive me mad.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How DARE that woman be so damn ambitious! Doesn't she know her place is in the kitchen?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Yep! It's not “The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors, but only if it is politically expedient.
    Sigh. Yes. Keep trying to kick that football even though you know they're going to pull it away and you'll fall on your ass. You know, after awhile, I felt like yelling at Charlie Brown, "Stop playing by the rules! Aim a little higher and kick Lucy in the head!"

Seriously, though, you can't prove that the rule of law matters when the jury is rigged. And the jury is rigged here, as long as the Republicans in the Senate will vote to acquit.
    Last edited by Malvolio; 05-21-2019 at 10:01 AM.