Page 478 of 667 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 10005
    Dark does not mean deep.

Went back through yesterday. Didn't see this get a mention. Apparently, the young man who was arrested has said he was joking. That said, he seems to have emphasized that he was not joking in the lead up to his being arrested.

- https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-site-chicago/

‘Stop me if you can’: Teen arrested for allegedly threatening ‘slaughter’ at abortion clinic

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    We'll be hearing about that one guy who liked Sanders and Warren ad nauseum over on Faux News over this.
    Well, that and "antifa." Funny how they can never name any actual leaders of the "antifa" movement.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Disloyal to who or what? Disloyal to America? Trump? Or more dangerously, does Trump think he is the personification of America? I hope the sane people in Congress are reading up on the 25th Amendment
    Yeah, he does, and no, Republicans in Congress will, as usual, look the other way or dismiss Trump's insanity. Party before country with the GOP. Meanwhile....

====================

Bernie Sanders Hits Trump Over Comments On Jewish American ‘Disloyalty’

The Vermont senator and 2020 presidential candidate said, “I am a proud Jewish person and I have no concerns about voting Democratic.” Bernie needs to take that message from coast to coast and on social media. Then, there's this item....

Ex-RNC Chair Makes Ominous Prediction About Donald Trump’s 2020 Tactics

Michael Steele warned the president’s claim that Jewish Americans who vote for Democrats are disloyal is “just the warmup.” Exactly! Next up will be similar attacks on minority groups, women, ANYBODY. As I've said before, Trump is desperate to be reelected, so any scummy scheme is on the table to help him achieve that end.

Border Officials Don’t Plan To Vaccinate Detained Migrants For Flu Despite Deaths

Concerned over the conditions at the detention centers, doctors urged lawmakers earlier this month to investigate the flu-related deaths of three children. More cruelty from this administration. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Stephen Miller (a.k.a. Kid Jackboot) issued that order.

Oregon Officials Want To Investigate Newspaper Reporters For Reporting

County officials are suggesting that Malheur Enterprise journalists committed crimes by making phone calls and sending emails “after hours.” By the by, those officials were Republicans.

Trump Backpedals On Tougher Gun Background Checks, Warning Of ‘Slippery Slope’

The president parroted the refrain from critics who oppose enhanced scrutiny of firearm purchases. Well, of course Trump caved to the NRA and the Gun Lobby. He may talk tough, but, at the end of the day, Dolt45 is a spineless coward.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Trump quotes conspiracy theorist claiming Israelis ‘love him like he is the second coming of God’

President Trump went on Twitter on Wednesday to quote a conservative radio host and known conspiracy theorist who praised him as “the greatest President for Jews” and claimed that Israelis “love him like he is the second coming of God.”

In his tweets, Trump thanked Wayne Allyn Root for “the very nice words.”

Root has promoted numerous conspiracy theories, including that former president Barack Obama was not born in the United States, that Democratic National Committee staff member Seth Rich was killed by any one of a number of prominent Democrats, that a mass shooting in Las Vegas was coordinated by Muslims and that the person responsible for the death of Heather Heyer at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville was paid by a wealthy Democrat.
    Root has also been leading an effort to persuade Jews to leave the Democratic Party and support Trump, whom he has previously called the first Jewish president in the same sense the Bill Clinton was sometimes called the first black president.

Trump’s tweets quoting Root came a day after he prompted an outcry by contending that Jewish people who vote for Democrats are showing “either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty.”

In his Wednesday morning tweets, Trump quoted Root saying, “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world . . . and the Jewish people in Israel love him like he’s the King of Israel.”

“They love him like he is the second coming of God,” Trump quoted Root as saying.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Video shows mom react to son's arrest for online shooting threat: 'He's just a little boy'

Amid a wave of arrests for threats of mass shootings, police in Florida released footage showing one mother’s reaction to her teenage son's being taken into custody.

The 15-year-old boy was arrested at his home Friday in Volusia County after allegedly writing online in a video game chat room, "I Dalton Barnhart vow to bring my fathers m15 to school and kill 7 people at a minimum," according to the county sheriff’s office, which posted a body-camera video of the arrest to its Facebook page on Monday.

The boy, who attends high school in Daytona Beach, was using a fake name in the threat and insisted to police that it was a joke.

“Jokes or not, these types of comments are felonies under law,” the sheriff’s office wrote on Facebook.

The boy's mother appears stunned and upset in the video, telling police, “But he’s just a little kid playing a video game.”

She also says her son’s threatening words online are normal behavior for young people playing video games.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Having played a lot of video games online, my normal behavior is to curse and grumble to myself about losing or my teammates not helping much (I have not chat feature so I'm just doing it to myself). Also, cheering if I do well.

Threatening to shoot up a place? No. Can't say that I ever thought that was normal to say during a heated gaming moment.

Trump administration moves to terminate court agreement, hold migrant children and parents longer

The Trump administration is moving to formally terminate a federal court settlement restricting how long U.S. officials can detain migrant children with their parents and replace it with a new rule that could expand family detention and dramatically increase the time children spend in custody.

The Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Health and Human Services will issue a new rule Friday to withdraw from the Flores Settlement Agreement, the federal consent decree that has set basic standards for the detention of migrant children and teens since 1997.

The new rule would eliminate a 20-day cap for detaining migrant children and create a new licensing regime that would make it easier for federal officials to expand family detention nationwide.

Although the rule is set to take effect 60 days after it is published, officials expect the implementation to last longer. Advocates have vowed to challenge the rule in court, which will put the change in front of U.S. District Judge Dolly M. Gee, who denied the administration’s request last year to extend family detentions.

13-year-old Oregon girl with cancer mandated to have surgery over mom's objections

An Oregon court is ordering that a 13-year-old girl with a rare liver cancer have surgery and receive other medical treatment despite the objections of her mother.

The battle over Kylee Dixon's treatment began after her mother, Christina Dixon, halted a doctor-prescribed regimen to instead pursue alternative medicine such as CBD oil and vitamins, NBC affiliate KGW8 in Portland reported.

Dixon has said that after Kylee went through six months of chemotherapy, she could no longer watch her daughter suffer.
    “The best way I can describe it is like my kid was on death row,” Dixon said, according to KGW8. “Every single time — you literally feel your kid’s life getting taken away.”

But the state stepped in, with the Clackamas County juvenile court's filing a dependency petition in March that said Dixon's decision amounts to neglect and "creates a risk of harm to the child.”

In June, Kylee was ordered to be placed in state custody.

On June 10, a sheriff’s office in Oregon put out a missing-endangered poster for Kylee, saying the mother was ignoring Kylee’s need for medical treatment, KGW8 reported. Three days later, police found the two in Nevada and placed Kylee in child-protective custody.

Some Oregon residents side with the mother, holding rallies in Portland and Salem and calling the state's decision to remove Kylee "medical kidnapping."

Children in Britain are living in shipping containers and office blocks, report finds

London (CNN)Children in England are growing up in shipping containers, office blocks, and bed and breakfasts, a report into youth homelessness has found, as authorities around the country struggle to combat the country's crippling housing crisis.

A total of 210,000 children are homeless -- meaning they live in temporary accommodation or are "sofa-surfing" around various homes -- the report by the Children's Commissioner found, a figure significantly higher than previously estimated.

That number includes many who are living in converted shipping containers, which have been used by some local councils to plug a gap in available housing.
    In addition, it found 375,000 children in families at financial risk of becoming homeless.

"Something has gone very wrong with our housing system when children are growing up in B&Bs, shipping containers and old office blocks," Anne Longfield, the Children's Commissioner for England, said in a statement.
    Brexit can't make this situation any better.

Expert Summaries of Mueller Report: A Collection

Introduction to the Expert Summaries
    By Ryan Goodman, Co-editor-in-chief, Just Security

At the time of publishing this online resource, the House Judiciary Committee is ramping up investigations that now include consideration of impeachment of President Donald J. Trump. We at Just Security believe that it is accordingly more important than ever for Americans to be familiar with the contents of the Special Counsel’s Report on the Investigation into Russian Interference in the 2016 Presidential Election. To that end, we have created a digestible summary of the Report, broken down into 30 sections which can be read in 5 to 10 minutes each. Each summary aims to present, in clear and straightforward language and without additional analysis or commentary, the findings of the Special Counsel as he presented them to the Attorney General.

These summaries are relevant not only to current Congressional processes, but also for the historical record. The Special Counsel’s investigation is significant for understanding the events of 2016 and the conduct of the President toward the investigation. There will surely be many lessons drawn from the Special Counsel’s Report in the years ahead. We have thus undertaken this project with the goal of providing an easily accessible resource for the present moment and far beyond it.

i'd be more sympathetic if anything was actually being done to regulate gun sales or make another school shooting less likely. guess this will have to do.

Can we all agree that Trump is absurd and possibly insane?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    What makes you think that?

Trump just looked up to the sky and said “I am the chosen one.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I find it both amazing and horrifying he finds new lows each and every day, after almost three years I thought we would have hit bottom by now. Was watching the live news tracker on the Guardian and they could barely keep up with diarrhea spewed from his mouth before he said something equally bonkers on a completely different topic.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!