Page 399 of 667 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 10005
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Nigel Farage says Donald Trump's 'go back' comment was 'genius'

Asked about Mr Trump's controversial comments in an interview with The Times, Mr Farage said: "I know, I know. I thought: 'Dear, oh dear, oh dear.'

"You realise, 48 hours on, it was genius because what's happened is the Democrats gather round the Squad, which allows him to say: 'Oh look, the Squad are the centre of the Democratic Party.' He's remarkably good at what he does."
    Oh jeeze :eyeroll:

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Blaming video games for mass shootings? That’s so 90s
    He clearly should now blame this man for society's downfall and why this man decided to go on a murder rampage since he wants to avoid the real reason.

See Wakenueron , there you go. Your real 90's villain so you can keep avoiding the real reason.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Following up on El Paso, Border Protections tweeted this out:

Please be aware that CBP personnel including Border Patrol agents + Field Operations officers have returned to their regular duties. We are not conducting enforcement operations at area hospitals, the family reunification center or shelters. We stand in support of our community
    You know you are an awful group of people when you have to assure people you won't f**k them over if they go to the hospital.

10 dead, including suspect, in Dayton, Ohio mass shooting

A gunman has opened fire outside a bar in downtown Dayton, Ohio, killing nine people and injuring more than two dozen others in the second U.S. mass shooting in less than 24 hours, officials say. The gunman was shot dead by police and his motive was not immediately known.

It happened just after 1 a.m. on Sunday when officers were called for an “active shooter” near the Ned Peppers Bar in the city’s Oregon District. Details about the circumstances of the shooting are not yet known, but several witnesses said the shooter was a man who was armed with a rifle.

Dayton Police Lieutenant Colonel Matt Carper told reporters that 10 people were killed, including the unidentified suspect, who was shot by police. At least 25 people were taken to area hospitals, where one of them remained in critical condition. Ten of the victims were released within hours.

“There was an active shooter in the bar I was in tonight,” said Daniel Williams, a former member of the band The Devil Wears Prada. “I am so incredibly heartbroken for those affected by this. I have never been so scared in my life.”

Meanwhile

10-year-old boy charged with assault for injuring classmate in dodgeball-like game

A Michigan woman said her 10-year-old son was suspended from his elementary school, and then charged with aggravated assault, for throwing a ball that hit and injured a classmate during a game students were playing at recess.

The incident happened in April when students at Eriksson Elementary School in Canton Township, Michigan, were playing a game called tips, which is similar to dodgeball, according to a Facebook fundraiser posted last week by the boy's mother, Cameishi Triplett Lindley.
    Lindley said that the ball thrown by her son, Bryce, hit another boy and allegedly resulted in the boy suffering a concussion.

According to a police report obtained by WXYZ, the boy was hit in the face by the ball. The injured boy's mother said he has a medical condition that makes head injuries especially dangerous.

"Clearly, this student should not have been playing a physical contact sport," Lindley posted on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    The World has lost it's way a long time ago. That kid holding the gun in Walmart had the stance of someone playing a video game. This is the real culprit for what happened at Walmart. Kids that play those things are desensitized to killing and murder when they kill a number of people virtually in these games.
    Absolute fucking bullshit. Many, many countries have video games. Only one country has regular gun massacres. Hint: IT'S THE ONE WITH ALL THE FUCKING GUNS.

The shooter is 21. He's sitting in the backseat of the police car with a blank stare on his face. He's expressing no emotions. What cause someone that young to committ an act so terrible? If not video games then where did he learn or came about being so desensitized to such gruesome violence?

Futurist Ray Kurzweil says that the singularity will occur in 2045 which means that people will become one with technology (whatever that means). On an article at newworldai.com Kurzweil says that by 2020, next year, we will have computers that are powerful enough to simulate the human brain.

Video games house some of the most powerful processing technology in the field. But where is the government oversight? And who are the people and companies behind this technology that have kids in there rooms for hours at a time. I just read an article a couple of days ago that some are playing these violent highly realistic games for up to 20 hours a day. This is insane. And I don't understand how any says that this can't affect a person in some way?
    You want to look at what's desensitizing and radicalizing these kids? Look at 8chan. Look at Fox News. Look at the rise in white supremacism. Look at the goddamn President of the United goddamn white supremacist goddamn States.

Of course he's a racist but obviously technology is/was a huge part of his life in isolation since he was active online.

I'm not diminishing the fact that he's a racist but it just seems that lately people are being desensitized. Overnight 10 more people got killed in Ohio. Also we do know that some members of Isis used video games for training so I don't know how anyone can say that the idea of video games or something else in the public sphere can't be a contributing factor.
    A hell of a lot of people are active online. A hell of a lot of people play video games. Find another scapegoat. Or maybe look at the actual problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    We get it. You want to talk about anything other than what actually drove him to commit mass murder.
    No. I want to get in the mind of what causes someone to murder 20 people with AK 47s. We know that recently these shooters post online manifestos on sites like 4chan so they're a new breed of racists who are using technology as a tool for their white supremacy. So there is a pattern there. And if there's a pattern the FBI can weed these mentally ill racists out using an algorithm. Also you only need to do a simple internet search for AK47 in video games to see how popular it is. Imo if you are against the NRA and guns you should definently be against kids killing people virtually using AK 47s. Imo this is totally unacceptable and should be banned.

Astonishing Member

People are being killed in a horrible way by AK 47 by people with little emotion. Something in the social sphere has got to be contributing to this. If not video games then what?

We all know that companies like google and facebook have been invading peoples privacy through AI machines like Suri and Amazon's Echo. Why is it so inconceivable that these video game companies are doing the same thing? Who knows. They might be intentionally making video game zombies. We don't know because government oversite in this sector and in this ever changing technology is practically none existent. Why not be sure and have someone look into it. As I posted before according to futurist Ray Kurzweil their will be computers next year that simulate the human brain. There is no way technology can get this advanced without doing human experiments.
    Is America the only country in the world with access to violent video games? No. But this **** only happens here with alarming regularity. WHY? We have easy access to arsenals of weapons. Add to that we have unchecked racists and nutjobs constantly being fed red meat now by the highest levels of government with this administration and the GOP.

They have literally called these asylum seekers infestations, and framing asylum seekers as imminently coming to replace the FOX News viewers. Caravans of disease carrying parasites. All manner of bullshit horrible rhetoric that routinely gets excused. Crackpots around the globe being inspired by the racism and acceptance of it by voters at large.

BANNED

Don't let anyone tell you that mainstream conservatism didn't fuel the shooter.

This is three years old now but Chomsky's quote about the republican party only becomes more relevant as time goes.

Extraordinary Member

Every Western country in the world has video games. Only America has a shooting problem.

Every Western country in the world has racist people there. Only America has a shooting problem.

Every Western country in the world has mental health issues. Only America has a shooting problem.

I wonder if there is some thing that only Anerica has that you could connect to shootings?

Astonishing Member

Whats crazy here is they are saying the shooter was killed within a minute since officers were nearby. But he still had that many victims. Insane. Mayor saying hundreds would have died if not for that quick response

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

No. I want to get in the mind of what causes someone to murder 20 people with AK 47s. We know that recently these shooters post online manifestos on sites like 4chan so they're a new breed of racists who are using technology as a tool for their white supremacy. So there is a pattern there. And if there's a pattern the FBI can weed these mentally ill racists out using an algorithm. Also you only need to do a simple internet search for AK47 in video games to see how popular it is. Imo if you are against the NRA and guns you should definently be against kids killing people virtually using AK 47s. Imo this is totally unacceptable and should be banned.
    Yes because other countries who have AK-47 weapons in games are having the same issues. The FBI doing this would be as much a waste of time as this entire idea to blame video games , music or movies.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.