Page 78 of 667 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178578 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 10005
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Exactly, and my fear, with the GOP standing for him in fear of being wiped out in the next election, is that it might already be too late. that he will cheat the next election and break the constitution. What will you do then?
    He won't have to cheat if the democrats out strategize themselves by running a "safe" candidate...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    He won't have to cheat if the democrats out strategize themselves by running a "safe" candidate...
    Primaries, right? We vote in the primaries.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The Democrats just have to hope that Bernie Sanders either gets knocked out early or ends up winning the nomination, because if he finishes anywhere near a close second again his supporters definitely will not be content to just bite their tongues and vote for whoever the nominee is in the general.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The Democrats just have to hope that Bernie Sanders either gets knocked out early or ends up winning the nomination, because if he finishes anywhere near a close second again his supporters definitely will not be content to just bite their tongues and vote for whoever the nominee is in the general.
    Sadly, that's pretty much the case no matter what. They'd rather have Trump again if their guy doesn't get the nom.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This is exactly why I think he’ll win in 2020. He has to or he’ll spend the rest of his life in prison. Trump and the GOP are going to break every law in the land in order to keep him in office. They’ve been able to get away with countless lies and crimes thus far. May as well add voter fraud and suppression to this list. It’s terrifying to think that this may be our last election.

Obviously at first he didn’t like being President. Too much work. But I think he’s grown to love the job for the power it grants him. He knows that he can say absolutely anything at his rallies and get endless ego boosts. Losing is not an option.
    He doesn't love the job. He only loves the attention, and the effective "get out of jail free" card he's living on at the moment. But when you see him having to do any of the things that actually are required by a commander-in-chief, he looks and acts f***ing miserable.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    But when you see him having to do any of the things that actually are required by a commander-in-chief, he looks and acts f***ing miserable.
    I'm pretty sure he looks and acts like that even when he's doing his favorite things in the world. That's just his general disposition.

Astonishing Member

I doubt trump hates being the POTUS.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    He doesn't love the job. He only loves the attention, and the effective "get out of jail free" card he's living on at the moment. But when you see him having to do any of the things that actually are required by a commander-in-chief, he looks and acts f***ing miserable.
    He's too lazy to do the real job of President. He never reads any of the reports and they've probably stopped making very detailed ones for him anyway. It seems all he does is:

• Go back and forth to either Mar-a-Lago or Bedminster.
    • Golf
    • Tweets
    • Watches or phones in to Fox News
    • or if really desperate, the staff puts together a rally for him to go to

I think it's been written or observed that he has "presidential time" until about 11 am. He probably spends some of that time putting on his spray on tan and arranging that rat's nest of hair. BTW, I watched one of his recent Oval office appearances and on HD, his complexion looks awful. Sometimes you can see brownish, scaly spots
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-06-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Well, he's in luck. He does nothing Presidential.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Sadly, that's pretty much the case no matter what. They'd rather have Trump again if their guy doesn't get the nom.
    whatever. I was a Bernie supporter last time around (my preference would be Elizabeth Warren this time). I got up bright and early to vote for Hillary. haven't met any Bernie supporters who thought that Trump was the lesser of two evils. I do know people who were just not energized enough to vote. but, instead of anecdotal "evidence," i'll just go with the Washington Post take on it (surprisingly similar to the South Park take)...

The poll found that Obama-Trump voters, many of whom are working-class whites and were pivotal to Trump’s victory, are economically losing ground and are skeptical of Democratic solutions to their problems. Among the findings:

50 percent of Obama-Trump voters said their incomes are falling behind the cost of living, and another 31 percent said their incomes are merely keeping pace with the cost of living.
    A sizable chunk of Obama-Trump voters — 30 percent — said their vote for Trump was more a vote against Clinton than a vote for Trump. Remember, these voters backed Obama four years earlier.
    42 percent of Obama-Trump voters said congressional Democrats’ economic policies will favor the wealthy, vs. only 21 percent of them who said the same about Trump. (Forty percent say that about congressional Republicans.) A total of 77 percent of Obama-Trump voters said Trump’s policies will favor some mix of all other classes (middle class, poor, all equally), while a total of 58 percent said that about congressional Democrats.

doesn't seem to favor your take on it. seems like a bunch of working class whites thought that Hillary was looking out for the rich as opposed to the working class. but that's because Hillary is an establishment candidate. and trump is a snakeoil salesman.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-06-2019 at 09:09 AM.

IRS Commissioner Charged with Releasing Trump Tax Returns Profits from Trump-Branded Property

President Trump’s hand-picked IRS Commissioner, Charles Rettig, earns as much as $1 million in rental income from the Trump-branded properties he co-owns while facing demands from Congress to release Trump’s tax returns. The IRS has already missed more than one deadline set by the House Ways and Means Committee to turn over Trump’s tax returns. (Rettig has stated that he will decide whether or not to release the tax returns, under the supervision of Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    doesn't seem to favor your take on it. seems like a bunch of working class whites thought that Hillary was looking out for the rich as opposed to the working class. but that's because Hillary is an establishment candidate. and trump is a snakeoil salesman.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Also, laughing hystetrically at people thinking Trump was here to save the working class.

Now I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember someone saying that folks opposing interracial marriage had all died out somewhere on these forums.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/geo...posed-to-live/

These people raise their children to believe as they do, or else you wouldn't see so many younger racists at rallies like Charlottesville.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    He could have at least thrown "Cookie The..." in front of it. While I'm not usually one to take pokes at people based on their looks, the trip from the guy in question to Cookie is about a stumble and a fall.

Never mind that the whole joke about wanting to lead the Grand March is right there.

Finally, got to agree on that there is no reason to get stupid just because Trump's go to is "Stupid".
    Hey hey, leave Roy Brown's Cookie the Clown out of it. Beside if Trump tried to lead the Grand March he would fall flat on his face. If we have to pick a Clown than Krusty please.

Edit: Actually thinking about it being a clown is hard work. You have a ton of training to do in order to be one. Trump would never get through that. So calling him a clown is more of a compliment. How about calling him an virus.

Regarding the Illinois Governor thing, three of them were Republicans, and are we ignoring other states too?

Agreeing with WestPhillyPunisher, throwing names around is not going to help matters. All your doing is saying I'm willing to play in his sandbox and no one should be in that toxic waste dump.
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 05-06-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    When he won he literally had a meltdown about how this was the worst thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    whatever. I was a Bernie supporter last time around (my preference would be Elizabeth Warren this time). I got up bright and early to vote for Hillary. haven't met any Bernie supporters who thought that Trump was the lesser of two evils. I do know people who were just not energized enough to vote. but, instead of anecdotal "evidence," i'll just go with the Washington Post take on it (surprisingly similar to the South Park take)...

The poll found that Obama-Trump voters, many of whom are working-class whites and were pivotal to Trump’s victory, are economically losing ground and are skeptical of Democratic solutions to their problems. Among the findings:

50 percent of Obama-Trump voters said their incomes are falling behind the cost of living, and another 31 percent said their incomes are merely keeping pace with the cost of living.
    A sizable chunk of Obama-Trump voters — 30 percent — said their vote for Trump was more a vote against Clinton than a vote for Trump. Remember, these voters backed Obama four years earlier.
    42 percent of Obama-Trump voters said congressional Democrats’ economic policies will favor the wealthy, vs. only 21 percent of them who said the same about Trump. (Forty percent say that about congressional Republicans.) A total of 77 percent of Obama-Trump voters said Trump’s policies will favor some mix of all other classes (middle class, poor, all equally), while a total of 58 percent said that about congressional Democrats.

See thats idiotic as well because Trump sold himself on "I'm a rich buisnessmen".

Trump is the Schroedingers Republican. Simultaneously in touch with the ordinary poor working man....and a billionaire buisnessman member of the rich elite.
    Last edited by jetengine; 05-06-2019 at 11:11 AM.