Page 402 of 667 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 10005
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I heard on NPR this morning that he actually lives in the Dallas area. He traveled all the way to El Paso specifically to mass murder. It's strange and makes me wonder if he was directed there for some reason.
    Home to a military base including some of the largest ones.
    Home of University of Texas El Paso
    The schools are the largest employer of El Paso citizens.

It was also called one of the SAFEST cities in the USA at one point. Which would make sense if you have 3 military bases around you.

And not s single person exchanged gunfire with the Shooter, even though Texas has very open, relaxed gun laws.
    We Texans are that stupid to just start shooting in public places. We are going to RUN from the danger not run to it.

For all this crap about arming folks-guess what you are NOT seeing-folks trying to be Judge Dred or Punisher.

Because no one will know who shot who after the shooting is over. That would be more resources going to find all those gun owners instead of just dealing with one guy.

Incredible Member

The Dayton shooter has been identified as Connor Betts, 24, white male. No more information at the moment.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    There's a collage of non-white mass shooters being posted by MAGAs and bots in response to any reporters or news feeds that dares bring up white nationalist terrorism and the tragedies of El Paso and Dayton. It feels like this is literally never going to end and that terrifies me.
    And what is that suppose to do? Justify those white boys shooting up the place? Both are WRONG no matter the skin color.

It's just that one gets EVERY excuse tossed out to defend them.

They want to blame video games like Call of Duty? Are we SURE it's Call of Duty and games likes that? Because aren't the leads in those games WHITE MALES?

If it was video games doing this and angering white males would games like NBA 2K, Madden, GTA San ANdreas, Mafia 3 and games where the lead is NOT a white male do that more than Call to Duty?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And what is that suppose to do? Justify those white boys shooting up the place? Both are WRONG no matter the skin color.

It's just that one gets EVERY excuse tossed out to defend them.

They want to blame video games like Call of Duty? Are we SURE it's Call of Duty and games likes that? Because aren't the leads in those games WHITE MALES?

If it was video games doing this and angering white males would games like NBA 2K, Madden, GTA San ANdreas, Mafia 3 and games where the lead is NOT a white male do that more than Call to Duty?
    It's not even worth discussing.

The NRA decides that they will blame this on video games, and the army of twitter, facebook and CBR trolls goes out to spread that long debunked myth.

After all, with ASAP Rocky back in the US, they have one less thing to amplify.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

The only thing that surprises me is that the trolls aren't blaming this on super-soakers and other toy guns that look too much like the real ones.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Just out of curiousity, I switched over the Fox News earlier this morning just to see how they were covering this story. It was the show called Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo. She had Trey Gowdy on, who is a Fox talking head these days, and they were discussing...... FISA warrants and George Papadoupolis from 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I heard on NPR this morning that he actually lives in the Dallas area. He traveled all the way to El Paso specifically to mass murder. It's strange and makes me wonder if he was directed there for some reason.
    El Paso is a Spanish name and the city is close to the border. That should really tell you all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

Does sound a bit Republican?
    To be fair, we have neglected mental health too. Fixing that would reduce gun fatalities, but not those like the two we just had. It would probably help with the suicide rate at the very least. Fighting the tide of racism and hate will go further towards killings like these. As would some successful civil suits against the dog whistlers for amping it up, but such things might not fly here in this US.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    ‘Soft targets’: Rick Santorum suggests unarmed Walmart shoppers were at fault in mass shooting

And not s single person exchanged gunfire with the Shooter, even though Texas has very open, relaxed gun laws.
    Did Santorum expect the Walmart shoppers to run to the sporting goods section, break the glass in the gun aisle and grab some ammo to defend themselves? What a tool.

BANNED

This video is about the Christchurch shooter, but what Robert Evans says is relevant to the El Paso shooter.

BANNED

Republicans go on Fox News to blame the shooting on video games and not being Christian enough.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dan-pa...ngs?ref=scroll

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Did Santorum expect the Walmart shoppers to run to the sporting goods section, break the glass in the gun aisle and grab some ammo to defend themselves? What a tool.
    Most likely what he expected.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    To be fair, we have neglected mental health too. Fixing that would reduce gun fatalities, but not those like the two we just had. It would probably help with the suicide rate at the very least. Fighting the tide of racism and hate will go further towards killings like these. As would some successful civil suits against the dog whistlers for amping it up, but such things might not fly here in this US.
    I hate that talking point because it stigmatizes people with mental disease even further. The vast majority of them do not kill people.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I hate that talking point because it stigmatizes people with mental disease even further. The vast majority of them do not kill people.
    As a guy with MH issues I get it. I still think we shouldn't be able to buy guns though.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    It's not even worth discussing.

The NRA decides that they will blame this on video games, and the army of twitter, facebook and CBR trolls goes out to spread that long debunked myth.

After all, with ASAP Rocky back in the US, they have one less thing to amplify.
    I learned that The Tobacco Institute was formed by tobacco companies with the priority of profit from tobacco products over the public interest of health, and I think the same thing can be said in regards to the NRA. They try to shift to blame to anything else they can just so that the NRA can properly secure their money deals, and how gun profits actually rise after a mass shooting because of this hugely ignorant fear of "this gun control will destroy the 2nd amendment."