Page 331 of 667 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 10005
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The same Trump who villified Kapernick for promoting awareness of police violence and still condemns the Central Park Five despite evidence exonerating them? That Trump?
    I don't think this latest thin is going to get him the traction you think it will.
    In Trump's cob-web infested brain, he'll probably forget about it since he has a big rally in Cincinatti coming up. His base might not like that he is sticking for a guy who they wouldn't like anyway. It's not like Ted Nugent was the one who was arrested in Sweden

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Second against Biden is really good in this context, if we're honest, but let's remember she's not running a general election campaign right now.
    Maybe she should be. That's what Biden is doing. To my recollection, that's what all of the last few winners have done: they energize the crowd that they are different and setting America on a better course.

She dabbles in that talk, but most of it is like a freshman 101 lecture. That's why I wonder if she ever gets much higher than where she is now. (Especially since I think Bernie would never drop out no matter how far he drops)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    In Trump's cob-web infested brain, he'll probably forget about it since he has a big rally in Cincinatti coming up. His base might not like that he is sticking for a guy who they wouldn't like anyway. It's not like Ted Nugent was the one who was arrested in Sweden
    Yeah, a new rally with the latest and greatest Trump chart topper, "Send her back!" to go along with all the other classics, "Build the wall!", "MAGA!" and "Lock her up!" As for Trump's lemmings, I'd hazard to guess that 99.9 percent of that rabble never even heard of ASAP or whoever the hell he is. Oh, and if Ted Nugent were to get arrested anywhere, it would be on a charge of impersonating a musician.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Hey WBE, an update for my state Senator. Jackass decided to weigh in on the "Send them back" "debate".

Sen. Ron Johnson: "The whole "America love it or leave it' is not a new sentiment. Back in the '60s, that wasn't considered racist. I just find it very unfortunate that so many parts of our public debate right now are getting immediately stuck inside a racial framework."

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Hey WBE, an update for my state Senator. Jackass decided to weigh in on the "Send them back" "debate".
    Does he realise that saying "Send them back" is a hate crime ?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    That guy needs a history lesson though. "Love it or Leave it" might not have always had a racist connotation, but it was first coined by a guy named Winchell in the 1950's. He is mainly known for being McCarthy's biggest supporter. So while it might not be racist, it is certainly meant to squelch dissent against someone who shouldn't be near power, much less actually wielding any.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    There was a movement among conservative intellectuals starting in the early 70s to concentrate on getting conservative judges on the bench, pushing Chicago School economics, and founding ALEC to implement conservative policy at the state level.

It's been a long while since I read up on the details of what was exactly going on at the time, but there was a prominent judge among the central players there. Probably where the idea to concentrate on the courts started.
    Let’s not forget the “Southern Strategy”.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    So using Eisenhower as an example then, when did American conservatism mutate into the beast it is ? Was it Nixon or was it Reagan ?
    Nixon/Murdoch/Ailes are known as the trifecta that birthed American neo-WASP savorism (aka race-centric crypto-facism) according to most historians.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Nixon/Murdoch/Ailes are known as the trifecta that birthed American neo-WASP savorism (aka race-centric crypto-facism) according to most historians.
    Murdoch as in Rupert? Who's Ailes ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Murdoch as in Rupert? Who's Ailes ?
    Roger Ailes

Trump yelling that Democrats are criticizing the US, yet he has done it himself hundreds of times.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump yelling that Democrats are criticizing the US, yet he has done it himself hundreds of times.
    You wonder why the media hasn’t called out Trump for that. There are scores of tweets out there where he slammed the Obama Administration, leveling all sorts of criticisms at how the country was run. Why does no one mention THAT?

Trump wants to commit mass genocide in Afghanistan... but he's too afraid to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump wants to commit mass genocide in Afghanistan... but he's too afraid to do it.
    Stop me if I’m mistaken, but isn’t Afghanistan one of our ALLIES? Or perhaps the damn fool has his countries that he hates in the Middle East mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Stop me if I’m mistaken, but isn’t Afghanistan one of our ALLIES? Or perhaps the damn fool has his countries that he hates in the Middle East mixed up.
    I can't link to video, but it seems like his answer to every war is to drop nukes. He wants to do to Afghanistan what the US did to Japan. I think that is what he is implying.