Page 458 of 667 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Change that: There is no way he willingly leaves office. I gurantee that, if he either loses the election or is Impeached and evicted (Less likely because of the Senate), he'll have to be dragged out kicking and screaming. But he will be dragged out.
    What are the circumstances in which he could postpone the election? I guess if he declared a state of emergency. Maybe if they come up with something like “China is hacking our voting machines”, thus making it unsafe to carry out our election.

He's "joking" about this in order to gauge the reaction and put the idea in his worshipers pea brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    What are the circumstances in which he could postpone the election? I guess if he declared a state of emergency. Maybe if they come up with something like “China is hacking our voting machines”, thus making it unsafe to carry out our election.

He's "joking" about this in order to gauge the reaction and put the idea in his worshipers pea brains.
    You can't stop a US election ...

You either need:

A) An amendment to the Constitution;

or

B) all 50 governors and their Secretaries of States in favor.

Lincoln didn't even do it and it looked like he was going to lose at the time ... it's instant impeach and I really don't think the GOP would be in favor because that would end their party forever.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-13-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So this happened today, Trump promoting this person:

Curt Schilling, a great pitcher and patriot, is considering a run for Congress in Arizona. Terrific! @foxandfriends

So, who is that? Welllllllll...

Reminder: Curt Schilling defrauded the state of Rhode Island out of $75M for his video game company, which he then crashed into the ground, sparking a years-long lawsuit that ultimately left the taxpayer on the hook. He's also quite transphobic and Islamophobic.

If he is considering a run, beware WBE!

So begins the next wave of Epstein Conspiracy theories.

4chan user posted about Jeffrey Epstein's death before it was public

Less than an hour before the first news reports surfaced that Jeffrey Epstein had been found unresponsive in his jail cell, a post about his death mysteriously appeared on a far-right message board.

Authorities now want to know who was behind the post, which contained medically accurate details about the financier and accused sex trafficker.

The New York City Fire Department, for its part, has determined that the information in the post did not come from its records, a department spokesperson told NBC News. Fire officials reviewed the post on 4chan, a forum popular with internet trolls and people in the so-called alt-right movement.
    BuzzFeed News was first to report on the post, which appeared on 4chan 38 minutes before the first tweet about Epstein's death from ABC News reporter Aaron Katersky at 8:54 a.m. ET. The flagship ABC News account tweeted an article about Epstein's death five minutes later.

"[D]on't ask me how I know, but Epstein died an hour ago from hanging, cardiac arrest. Screencap this," the post reads. The text was accompanied by an image of Pepe the Frog, an internet meme that is popular among far-right internet trolls.

Troll posts looking to capitalize on the initial post immediately began pushing elaborate conspiracy theories about body doubles, which were later refuted by the original poster.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So begins the next wave of Epstein Conspiracy theories.

4chan user posted about Jeffrey Epstein's death before it was public
    Literally everyone was predicting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    There was no Welfare system but the Immigration Act of 1882 included the first federal public charge provision. Any immigrant "‘unable to take care of himself or herself without becoming a public charge' " was excluded from entering the United States by the act. (until then it was mostly the states that had a public charge doctrine) It also imposed a "Head tax" to all immigrants. If an immigrant couldn't pay the head tax or prove that they had the money or a trade that would keep them form being a public charge they were sent back on the boat they came on.

1920 to 1940 saw the largest spike in deportation/excluded entry of immigrants on grounds of becoming a public charge. Mainly due to the adding social programs such as welfare that immigrants also began to apply for because of hard economic times.
    So, the question becomes, does our society learn from it's past and live up to the high ideals it's claimed to possess all these years or let it's least empathetic members dictate policy and succumb to the lowest standards of empathy simply for conveniences sake?

Actual American immigration policy never really aligned with that poem.
    Which doesn't mean it can't or never should.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 08-13-2019 at 06:11 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    So this happened today, Trump promoting this person:

So, who is that? Welllllllll...

If he is considering a run, beware WBE!
    Schilling was famously described as, and I paraphrase: “A horse on the day he pitched, and a horse’s ass the other four days”. I’m sure WBE must have stories about the guy since he pitched for Arizona.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Schilling was famously described as, and I paraphrase: “A horse on the day he pitched, and a horse’s ass the other four days”. I’m sure WBE must have stories about the guy since he pitched for Arizona.
    He's the thematic heir to Jim Bunning. Great pitcher. Hall of Fame pitcher. Real dick of a human being.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

More insanity and BS going on with Trump.

Pres. Trump jokes about windmills in speech on energy: "All of a sudden it stops, the wind and the televisions go off, and your wives and husbands say, 'Darling, I want to watch Donald Trump on television tonight, but the wind stopped blowing."
    Also, some more casual racism.

Cuccinelli: That statue of liberty poem was about "people coming from Europe."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Question of the day : How are we going to keep Wayne LaPierre Safe?

In this piece by Dana Milibank reveals how the guy who is the head of the NRA (for now at least) wanted the NRA to buy him a $6 million dollar home in a gated community. You know, like those liberal Hollywood types.

2KZEKJ4LUNHDHODU6LXOT7XM4E.jpg

The home he wanted them to buy is in a gated golf course community in Dallas. He told associates that his current home in Virginia was too easy for potential attackers to find. Too bad for him that the NRA turned him down on that.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-13-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Welp, the GOP’s racism is finally out there for the world to see. There’s no denying or hiding it now.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Question of the day : How are we going to keep Wayne LaPierre Safe?

In this piece by Dana Milibank reveals how the guy who is the head of the NRA (for now at least) wanted the NRA to buy him a $6 million dollar home in a gated community. You know, like those liberal Hollywood types.

The home he wanted them to buy is in a gated golf course community in Dallas. He told associates that his current home in Virginia was too easy for potential attackers to find. Too bad for him that the NRA turned him down on that.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to him.
    If only the US was a safer place to live.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

You don't think Jeff Bezos isn't worried about someone like Warren or Sanders taking the White House?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    You don't think Jeff Bezos isn't worried about someone like Warren or Sanders taking the White House?
    He has so money, I don’t think he cares.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Wealthy Liberals aren't as paranoid or greedy about their cash as are Wealthy Conservatives.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.