Page 134 of 667 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    It's a hatch act violation.
    And against the Uniform Military Code.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks guys. There's been no statement on this from the Navy but they may still some discussions behind closed doors I imagine.

Hatch Act complaints jumped nearly 30 percent Trump's first year in office: report

During President Trump’s first year in office, formal Hatch Act complaints to the Office of Special Counsel (OSC) jumped 30 percent.

Under the Hatch Act, enacted in 1939, federal employees are barred from certain political activities, such as making partisan comments that could sway an election while using their official designations.

Navy looking into 'Make Aircrew Great Again' patches sailors wore during Trump visit

WASHINGTON — The Navy said Tuesday that it is evaluating whether sailors aboard the USS Wasp violated Defense Department policy by sporting unofficial uniform patches with the phrase “Make Aircrew Great Again” during a Memorial Day visit by President Donald Trump.

The red, circular patch featured a finger-pointing cartoon figure similar in appearance to Trump with words reminiscent of his famous campaign slogan “Make America Great Again.” Photographs of several Navy airmen aboard the warship in Japan wearing the patches circulated Tuesday on Twitter, where they were first posted by a Wall Street Journal reporter traveling with the president.

“Navy leadership is currently reviewing this instance to ensure that the wearing of the patch does not violate DOD policy or regulations,” Lt. Samuel Boyle, a Navy spokesman at the Pentagon, wrote in a single-sentence email Tuesday afternoon.

Troops across the military services have long worn unofficial insignia, known as morale patches. Often boasting humorous themes, the patches are widely available for purchase online and in military supply stores. Though such patches are officially barred by uniform regulations, they can be approved by troops’ chains of command.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh god this guy...

PRESIDENT TRUMP: So then, let me ask you a question. Catapult—right? The catapult system. Do you like electric or steam?

AUDIENCE MEMBERS: Steam!

AUDIENCE MEMBERS: Electric!

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Steam. Who said "electric"? There's one guy back there. (Laughter.) OK, I really need this information because, you know, we're building carriers. We're building one. They're using an electric catapult and an electric elevator. Number one, I can't imagine, in the case of battle—it must be very delicate, OK? And, you know, steam has only worked for about 65 years, perfectly. And I won't tell you this because it's before my time by a little bit, but they have a $900 million cost overrun on this crazy electric catapult. I said, "What was wrong with steam?" I would like to know—all of the folks that know exactly what I'm talking about, the catapult system—steam or electric? Ready? Steam. (Applause.) Electric.

AUDIENCE MEMBERS: Yeah! (Laughter.)

PRESIDENT TRUMP: He works for the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh, so that's how he plans on revitalizing the coal industry, put the navy back on the coal boiler system!

iMan 42s

I swear a Democrat had to make a pitch for updates to aircraft carriers for Trump to say it's a bad idea. To say that military spending is a bad idea I should say.

Edit; Who did he ask this to? People who use the existing system. Of course they would want to use the existing system because it means otherwise the ship has to change to accommodate it and god-forbid anybody learn the new one.
    Last edited by SuperiorIronman; 05-28-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    https://twitter.com/gwensnyderPHL/st...61831118000128

A thread that shows the march towards extreme right wing radicalization for one specific person.
    The belief that Ben Shapiro's purpose is to bridge the gap to white supremacists and encourage attacks on synagogues is a stretch.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

So...

- https://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-av...ry?id=63320572

Michael Avenatti pleads not guilty to charges of stealing nearly $300K from adult film actress Stormy Daniels
    If every cable news outfit that isn't FNC doesn't get serious about fessing up to that they did a beyond pathetic job of doing anything like vetting this guy while they had him on every ten minutes and put him in a position to get a questionable Judge onto The Supreme Court, they are just making it that much harder for Democratic Party nominees to actually get things done next year.

I don't see it happening, but I guess a guy can hope.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Look, I'm just saying WBE, I think Chip Roy should be fast-tracked for a profile. This man is disgusting and god-awful, hitting rock bottom with a resounding thud today.

CUOMO: "Deal with the kids [who are dying at the border] right now, Chip."

@RepChipRoy: "No!"

CUOMO: "You know they're dying."

REP. ROY: "Fine."

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I swear, Trump supporters are the closest human equivalents to Star Trek's Pakleds I've ever seen:

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Chip Roy's up for a profile on Sept. 11th.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Chip Roy's up for a profile on Sept. 11th.
    Your backlog of Republican scumbags is THAT long?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It stretches into June of 2020. And then there's about 40 more who will likely fill in voids between then and the end of 2020.

This party... is loaded to the gills with kooks. And I look back when I'd just profile people for multiple DUIs, and it seems like an innocent time, compared to the Neo-Nazis and White Nationalists that are coming out of the woodwork and running as Republicans over the past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Consider that, out of every Republican in Congress, only 1 actually read the Muller Report and reacted to it the way a normal person would. Under those circumstances, I am surprised that WBE still has a life apart from writing up all those crazy bios.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Just when I thought Avenatti was going to take the cake for today...

- https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/28/robe...ff-claims.html

Robert Mueller spokesman denies claim in new Michael Wolff book that special counsel prepared obstruction of justice indictment against Trump
    This sort of garbage is dead weight that Democratic Party nominees are going to have to haul around while they try to get independents to consider voting for them in a general.

While I don't really think that much of any of the mainstream news outfits, they need to consider how much of a disservice they are going to do the public before they start getting it right.