Page 97 of 667 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 10005
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I just think if they put this much effort into what happens after these children are born they wouldn't be the absolute worst state in education rankings.
    Oh please. They never cared about kids.

Coleman-Madison offered an amendment requiring the state of Alabama to pay for medical care to the age of 3 for any child it requires a woman to carry to term. It was defeated 23 to 6. #alpolitics

Also, another moment to remember and this is from Clyde Chambliss, not Saxby.

When asked if this bill makes an exception for victims of incest, Sen. Chambliss says, "yes, until she knows she's pregnant."

Again, that would mean that that person would have to get an abortion before they know they're pregnant. That's not a thing. #HB314 #alpolitics

Incredible Member

They're doing it because they know that now they will overturn Roe Vs Wade. That's why Kavannaugh was brought.
    And then Trump will declare war with Iran and declare the state of emergency.
    Everything is doing well according to his plan to end democracy in the US;

BANNED

I just saw an article from the New York times saying that rape and incest make up a total of about 1% of abortions. People keep using the "rape and incest" situation but lets be honest....most cases are people living irresponsibly. It's just the truth. I agree that the foster and adoption situation is already in terrible shape and I know first hand. It's a tough situation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnooze View Post
    I just saw an article from the New York times saying that rape and incest make up a total of about 1% of abortions. People keep using the "rape and incest" situation but lets be honest....most cases are people living irresponsibly. It's just the truth. I agree that the foster and adoption situation is already in terrible shape and I know first hand. It's a tough situation.
    People make mistakes, they make poor life choices of course. Who is saying that abortion is ideal? That it isn't a tough, oftentimes horrible choice someones making in their lives? The point people are making with the example is that legislators, and not medical professionals with consultation with the actual women, are deciding for them. These legislators are deciding even if its 1 woman a year you got raped so what have the baby.

Is it an outlier, or extreme case? Yes, but it is also true.

Then you add to the hypocrisy of this being about respecting life and the potential of life. And you from the second they are born basically stop caring. They certainly do not apply the same furor to the kids education in the state. They stay at the bottom of healthcare, so they clearly aren't interested in providing the best healthcare. Is this really about concern for life then?
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 05-15-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Overpopulation is a problem. And honestly I care more about doctors opinions on this. I don’t want to see mostly male populations legislating an issue they will never directly deal with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    People make mistakes, they make poor life choices of course. Who is saying that abortion is ideal? That it isn't a tough, oftentimes horrible choice someones making in their lives? The point people are making with the example is that legislators and not medical professionals with consultation with the actual women are deciding for them. These legislators are deciding even if its 1 woman a year you got raped so what have the baby.

Is it an outlier, or extreme case? Yes but it is also true.

Then you add to the hypocrisy of this being about respecting life and the potential of life. And you from the second they are born basically stop caring. They certainly do not apply the same furor to the kids education in the state. They stay at the bottom of healthcare, so they clearly aren't interested in providing the best healthcare. Is this really about concern for life then?
    I don't disagree at all. I don't support abortion but at the same time it's very true that the parents or children are left in a tough situation if they can't abort.
    The only way to avoid this issue is abstinence. You simply should not be having sex if you can't keep a child. It's irresponsible and in some cases (depending on the person) it's damaging to their mental and physical health as well.
    Recently Alyssa Milano decided to call for a "sex strike" to avoid having unwanted children. She's making the point that if you don't have sex you won't get pregnant...though I don't think that was her plan.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Overpopulation is a problem. And honestly I care more about doctors opinions on this. I don’t want to see mostly male populations legislating an issue they will never directly deal with.
    Sadly, it was doctors who started the move to ban abortion in the 19th century. The religious groups didn't pick it up until later.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Sadly, it was doctors who started the move to ban abortion in the 19th century. The religious groups didn't pick it up until later.
    Wasn’t it s much more dangerous procedure back then?

It probably was, just like anything else including giving birth. But abortion's been around as long as people have been.

It's been a while since I've read up on this stuff, but the doctors at the time were getting into the whole "it's a person" thing, or something in that neighborhood at the time. Things sort of switched around.

Hell, Protestants were more nuanced about things until the 80s. (Assemblies of God was officially pro-choice in the 70s).

Astonishing Member

Even if Roe V. Wade. does end up getting overturned, things will go back to the way they were before. The people with means will still have comfortable, safe abortions when they want. And the desperate, the poor will have unsafe back alley procedures that could kill them or make them sick.

Then you add the costs of finding and prosecuting the women and practitioners (doctors or "other) its a mess.

The best ways to reduce abortions (you'll never be rid of them, making the illegal just creates illegal abortions)
    Comprehensive Sex Education
    Easy access to contraceptives.

The best ways to encourage women to go through a pregnancy and raise a child
    Lowered Medical costs
    Better Pre-natal care
    Increased funding/aid in daycare/schooling

The religious right supports none of these issues. They're just pro birth/Anti non-procreation sex.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I don't disagree at all. I don't support abortion but at the same time it's very true that the parents or children are left in a tough situation if they can't abort.
    The only way to avoid this issue is abstinence. You simply should not be having sex if you can't keep a child. It's irresponsible and in some cases (depending on the person) it's damaging to their mental and physical health as well.
    Recently Alyssa Milano decided to call for a "sex strike" to avoid having unwanted children. She's making the point that if you don't have sex you won't get pregnant...though I don't think that was her plan.
    So you're for restricting sex to those who can afford to raise a child? Personally I believe in freedom of choice and freedom of religion, so I'd rather not have religious hypocrites in office tell me that Sharia law is wrong but Abortion/LGBT's are worse so we have to have Christian Laws codified to protect their rights to discriminate against any and everyone they feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    The best ways to reduce abortions (you'll never be rid of them, making the illegal just creates illegal abortions)
    Comprehensive Sex Education
    Easy access to contraceptives.

The best ways to encourage women to go through a pregnancy and raise a child
    Lowered Medical costs
    Better Pre-natal care
    Increased funding/aid in daycare/schooling

The religious right supports none of these issues. They're just pro birth/Anti non-procreation sex.
    +1 Supporting adoption to those who aren't straight as an arrow who can raise the children would help as well.

iMan 42s

That's not at all how people work, like it or not people **** and these services exist because of that. All that removing Roe Versus Wade does is change where the abortion comes from and how its done. That's it. Living "irresponsibly" by fucking means you might as well get rid of condoms and birth control pills. And also, you cannot guarantee abstinence across the board because young people and rapists exist. People make mistakes or a condom breaks and people commit crimes. People have nights drunk or just don't care and they never see the mother or father again, it happens. Even if it was 1% that make up abortion, that's a lot of people in the United States who need help that the government wont give.

And if it's 1% compared to the total population, why do they care? Well it's a religious/philosophical issue at the end of the day and there is a separation (or at least there is supposed to be) of church and state, and nobody can agree on when life begins. Instead of solving for X, they try to take hold of people's vaginas and by extension penis. Yeah a thing they are forgetting is what happens when that baby is born? Suddenly child-support come into play and they can and do track the parent down. You'd think that would be enough of a deterrent, but even then it is not.

Planned parenthood is one of those things that help figure out all that mess because when you don't, you put a child in a tough spot it will not be able to manage until it (or if) survives to legal adulthood.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    So you're for restricting sex to those who can afford to raise a child? Personally I believe in freedom of choice and freedom of religion, so I'd rather not have religious hypocrites in office tell me that Sharia law is wrong but Abortion/LGBT's are worse so we have to have Christian Laws codified to protect their rights to discriminate against any and everyone they feel like.
    I'm saying that it's irresponsible to be having sex if you have no intentions of keeping a child should you get pregnant. And protected sex is not expensive so lets not act like you need to be making a ton of money to buy condoms. They may not be 100% but it doesn't really matter because most people who are getting abortions are not using safe sex anyway.

I'm saying that it's irresponsible to be having sex if you have no intentions of keeping a child should you get pregnant. And protected sex is not expensive so lets not act like you need to be making a ton of money to buy condoms. They may not be 100% but it doesn't really matter because most people who are getting abortions are not using safe sex anyway.
    Seeing as the one person I know who's had an abortion did so because the condom broke I disagree. It's anecdotal and she's become a born again christian woman who became upset that someone cursed around her 3 month old infant she had years later, but it's what I've experienced.