Page 310 of 667 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360410 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Ironically enough, my grandmother became a nurse because, even though she got a degree from UCLA in design, she says white people wouldn't hire her for work.

I can't speak to the truth of it, but that's what she tells me.

Maybe she just wasn't a very good designer? Just kidding, in a tough field like that it just takes a few road blocks to prevent you from making a living. It wouldn't have to be everyone not willing to hire her because of her race. Just enough to hinder her career.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

I wonder why Conway did a press briefing if Graham replaced Sarah Sanders as the propaganda chief.

"White pride" is a shitty dogwhistle for racism.

I'm british and white, should I take pride in the work of Marconi ? Of course not he's a fucking Italian and has no discernible connection to me beyond the melanin content in his skin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I wonder why Conway did a press briefing if Graham replaced Sarah Sanders as the propaganda chief.
    That would have been something. Her first high profile grilling and you have to go out and defend your racist boss? She probably called in sick

Man, I missed the fun! I'm completely shocked there was a banning. This is my shocked face right here: :|

The mask always comes off.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Perhaps Kellyanne of Green Goebbels wants to keep a foot in the door when it comes to slinging bullshit. Your guess is as good as mine.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
    White People!

The only race not allowed to show pride in itself or its accomplishments! The only race not allowed to be resentful or frustrated with other races' racism towards it!
    I mean, the reason that white people aren't allowed to express pride over their accomplishments is because the people who study these sorts of things, who just so happen to largely be other white people, have determined that most of these achievements were due to the exploitation of other peoples and aren't really the kinds of things that anyone should be proud of. And sure, maybe if Africans or Asians had landed in America before Europeans, maybe they would also committed genocide on the native peoples and brought in slaves, possibly even European ones, the horror, to work the emptied land. But you know, they didn't do that, white people did.

If you want to take pride in Michelangelo's sculptures or Newton's discoveries, then by all means have at it. But if you're demanding the right to celebrate centuries of white domination over subject peoples that has caused untold misery across the globe, then you can just **** right off with that.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 07-17-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    "White pride" is a shitty dogwhistle for racism.

I'm british and white, should I take pride in the work of Marconi ? Of course not he's a fucking Italian and has no discernible connection to me beyond the melanin content in his skin.
    But didn't he work in Cornwall? I thought I saw his place at the Lizard? So you can have British pride for Marconi, if not white.

Now why the Italians have embraced Columbus so, when it was all Spain that sent him to the New World.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Wish I could find that post from a few weeks ago explaining why there aren't more conservative voices on this thread.
    It was prescient.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-17-2019 at 07:31 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    That would have been something. Her first high profile grilling and you have to go out and defend your racist boss? She probably called in sick
    Yeah, that wouldn't be merely a case of being thrown into the deep end of the pool, rather, the deep end of the ocean with barbells tied to your ankles. Meanwhile, perhaps Dolt45 should've done a bit of thinking before he made those comments about 'The Squad', because that could come back to bite him on his corpulent orange ass:

Trump’s racist comments can be used against him in court as judges cite them to block policies

President Trump’s latest racist remarks, like many of his comments before them, can and will be used against him in court.

And if his losing record on immigration cases is any guide, they will be used effectively.

In conjunction with other factors, they could help persuade judges to block policies he claims are crucial to his agenda, particularly on immigration, on the grounds of racial or ethnic animus.

That’s been the pattern ever since Trump took office.

His words — about Mexican immigrants as “criminals, drug dealers” and “rapists,” Nigerians going back “to their huts,” Haitians all having AIDS, or of too many migrants from “shithole countries” — have helped stall much of Trump’s immigration crackdown.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    No, those Republicans didn't whimper in the name of their party, they whimpered because of Trump. That's a huge difference as they're clearly terrified of the Orange Menace.

No surprise there either. More proof that Republicans are scared to death of contradicting Ronnie the Racist.
    But they really did whimper because of party. Pretty much all of them that leave government talk about what a joke he is, their personal dislike for him, and how often he's done down right stupid things. As another poster said, he's a useful idiot. They don't whimper because they're terrified of him, they whimper because they fear political backlash. They fear Republican voters. That is about party, not Trump. Like it or not, they allowed him to become the face of Republicanism and now they feel they have to cow to him at every turn.

The Kobach clip illustrates my point. It isn't about a fear of Trump, it's a fear of the monster in their own base that Trump represents.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
    White People!

The only race not allowed to show pride in itself or its accomplishments! The only race not allowed to be resentful or frustrated with other races' racism towards it!
    And banned.

Drive by baiting has claimed another whiny ass.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sounds like somebody who likes to kiss a lot of ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So we still are forced to see immigration (a "crisis" of Trump's own making) as the biggest issue of our time and need to condemn the Democrats for not having a perfect plan to fix Trump's mess.
    Meanwhile the real important issues, Healthcare, Income inequity, Climate Change, Corporate power, Civil Rights, which the GOP ignore or add to the problem, and which the Dems have been very clear about solutions, are dismissed, because the Dems can't solve immigration. (whatever that means)

Have I gotten that right?
    No one's forced to agree on anything.

It's possible to think immigration isn't that important, that immigration is immensely important and that Democrats have the right policy, that immigration is important but that it's a good thing to have people coming in as undocumented immigrants for whatever reason, that immigration is important and Democrats are going too far in plans to decriminalize illegal entry but that other issues are more important, or whatever.

This leads to a question I've been meaning to ask for a while: what do you guys think is the most important issue of our time?

I asked people around me. My godfather thinks it's the debt. My father thinks it's the rise of the administrative state. My mother thinks it's Russia. One of my brothers thinks it's global warming.

I'd say it's determining how best to adjust to rapid social and technological change. Where do you guys stand?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    No one's forced to agree on anything.

It's possible to think immigration isn't that important, that immigration is immensely important and that Democrats have the right policy, that immigration is important but that it's a good thing to have people coming in as undocumented immigrants for whatever reason, that immigration is important and Democrats are going too far in plans to decriminalize illegal entry but that other issues are more important, or whatever.

This leads to a question I've been meaning to ask for a while: what do you guys think is the most important issue of our time?

I asked people around me. My godfather thinks it's the debt. My father thinks it's the rise of the administrative state. My mother thinks it's Russia. One of my brothers thinks it's global warming.
    Getting Republicans out of office at this point, as they impede progress on nearly every issue that I think is worthy of concern -- including record-setting debt, the failure to address climate change, the failure to address Russian interference in our democracy, and a steadfast push towards criminal, authoritarian rule.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-17-2019 at 08:11 AM.