Page 653 of 667 FirstFirst ... 153553603643649650651652653654655656657663 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,795 of 10005
  1. #9781
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    But how the hell would that even work? Especially if people have ad block. And who clicks on ads?
    Not sure, and not sure if he said ad clicks or ads. We would have to read his webpage. He did say he wants Amazon to pay a small VAT on all sales.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  2. #9782
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Warren has to stop being afraid of the word taxes.
    100% This needs to be said more. Just be direct, it's got a better chance than playing word games with people.

  3. #9783
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Do you "Many..." is more or less than the number of folks that have had the current lay of the private insurance land kick them in the side of the head?
    Voters are not always rational.

    Polling on Medicare for All is strong by name. Once you ask people about how they feel about the actual impacts.....not strong at all.

  4. #9784
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why would you think continuing the system that caused this will help, and going to a system where clinics will be subsidized hurt?
    The problem stems from people without insurance in rural areas. Everyone has Medicare, Dr.s get paid.
    I can't disagree much with the logic in your first sentence, but I disagree with the second sentence. Rural areas are losing access, not because a lack of insured by the cost structures to maintain a hospital are overwhelming to small communities. So you get consolidation and long distances to centralized care centers.

    It's possible medicare for all fixes this....it's also possible it makes the problem worse because it weakens funding.

  5. #9785
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why would you think continuing the system that caused this will help, and going to a system where clinics will be subsidized hurt?
    The problem stems from people without insurance in rural areas. Everyone has Medicare, Dr.s get paid.
    i hate to use this analogy, but Public Education. Great in wealthy communities, not so great in poorer communities. If Medicare for All depends solely on taxes, and those taxes don't measure up to the cost of keeping a hospital in a rural area up and running, then we have a problem. We have a problem now, the question is can that problem be solved. Is there a way to Provide medical access to all Americans, regardless of where they live; provide quality medical care - not production line or minimal services; and do this in a way that makes health care affordable yet doesn't drive Doctors away from the areas that need them the most, doesn't cause more hospitals to close, and doesn't drive down medical research into finding cures for diseases like Cancer.

    These are things that need to be thought about when coming up with a revised health Care system.

    I was on the ACA for 1 year, most of the doctors I normally went to didn't accept it. I had to delay treatment for a year until I got off the ACA and bought my own insurance.

    I really liked the ACA in that I liked not having to pay monthly premiums. Right now my health insurance is bankrupting me. But, until all the problems are worked out, other people might find themselves in similar situations if they are on a M4A type plan and no doctors accept it because they can't afford to.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-15-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  6. #9786
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,899

    Default

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/in...-with-nothing/
    \
    On the day Bennie Coleman lost his house, the day armed U.S. marshals came to his door and ordered him off the property, he slumped in a folding chair across the street and watched the vestiges of his 76 years hauled to the curb.
    Movers carted out his easy chair, his clothes, his television. Next came the things that were closest to his heart: his Marine Corps medals and photographs of his dead wife, Martha. The duplex in Northeast Washington that Coleman bought with cash two decades earlier was emptied and shuttered. By sundown, he had nowhere to go.
    All because he didn’t pay a $134 property tax bill.
    Clarifying: it's an old story. I misread the 2013 as 2018. xD

    Still a good read, though.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 10-15-2019 at 07:30 PM.

  7. #9787
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,349

    Default

    Every other modern country has solved this with public healthcare. Why can't we.
    And your Education analogy has more to do with States. Medicare would be national.
    The current system of for profit doen't work.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  8. #9788
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    That attack about not getting things done is something Biden should drub Sanders with all the time. You may not like it, but he ain't wrong.

  9. #9789
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That attack about not getting things done is something Biden should drub Sanders with all the time. You may not like it, but he ain't wrong.
    And Sanders just ruined him. Biden plays with the establishment so he gets things threw. However, by doing that he's got a lot of disastrous shit done

  10. #9790
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    And Sanders just ruined him. Biden plays with the establishment so he gets things threw. However, by doing that he's got a lot of disastrous shit done
    I disagree, Sanders response was to deflect from the fact that he's accomplished nothing. At least Warren had accomplishments to declare. Sanders literally doesn't.

    I also think it's odd how all these people that attack Biden for his willingness to work with Republicans are now echoing the same sentiment. It's just an interesting contrast. I know it's political but it's odd.

  11. #9791
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I disagree, Sanders response was to deflect from the fact that he's accomplished nothing. At least Warren had accomplishments to declare. Sanders literally doesn't.

    I also think it's odd how all these people that attack Biden for his willingness to work with Republicans are now echoing the same sentiment. It's just an interesting contrast. I know it's political but it's odd.
    The last person who tried to run as the practical candidate who got things done and had a poor record lost. His accomplishments are tied to others and he still has to own all the shit he caused. Also the reaction I've seen is that Biden looked terrible with that answer.

    Anyways AOC about to endorse Sanders which is going to really add a new dynamic to the progressive side fo the aisle.

  12. #9792
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Would there be a practical way to implement M4A? Like roll it out in a way that gives people time to consider the benefits of it. Better Analogy could be the national parks, money getting taken from them to fund other things. I can see it working, but you would need to do something to make sure that hospitals can stay afloat and can't get bought out. I know the form in Japan isn't perfect and the smaller countries that use it do great, but is there anyone that uses it and is the size of the US that we can look at, other than Canada.

  13. #9793
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The last person who tried to run as the practical candidate who got things done and had a poor record lost. His accomplishments are tied to others and he still has to own all the shit he caused. Also the reaction I've seen is that Biden looked terrible with that answer.

    Anyways AOC about to endorse Sanders which is going to really add a new dynamic to the progressive side fo the aisle.
    Perhaps the reactions you're seeing are not a good representative sample of the people who will actually be voting.

  14. #9794
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Would there be a practical way to implement M4A? Like roll it out in a way that gives people time to consider the benefits of it. Better Analogy could be the national parks, money getting taken from them to fund other things. I can see it working, but you would need to do something to make sure that hospitals can stay afloat and can't get bought out. I know the form in Japan isn't perfect and the smaller countries that use it do great, but is there anyone that uses it and is the size of the US that we can look at, other than Canada.
    It took, maybe two years to develop the ACA and get the bill passed. Even then, it was still incomplete due to obstruction by Republicans.

    Any new Health Care plan should take at least that amount of time to work out the details and get it right.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  15. #9795

    Default

    Interesting thing, post-debate I noticed...

    After about 750 votes were cast in a DailyKos poll, the early runaway winner of the debate in that poll was Elizabeth Warren, who had over 50% of the vote.

    Of the next 6000 votes cast, 3000 were suddenly for Andrew Yang, who now leads the poll with 46% of the vote. Based on what he did on stage, that makes zero sense. What does make sense is the tech guy has a lot of bots voting for him.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •