Page 100 of 667 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnooze View Post
    I think it's just a different world view. No one is think "how can we punish those bitches?". It's just not like that.
    I don't know of anyone who struggles with birth control...maybe Catholics? I'm personally fine with the pill...plan B I'm personally not ok with.
    Have you looked at any of the anti-abortion bills that have just recently been brought up in the news? I think you'll find they were made by people who struggle with birth control. They're also pushing their religious beliefs on those who don't share them, yet have also likely supported religious freedom bills. I hope you can understand those who have a problem with organized religion and how it's often used to oppress those it chooses to focus on.

No they are not to attack females. That is not true and that makes no sense at all. They look at abortion as killing a human life. Why is it so hard for people to understand this?
    Capital Punishment is legal in Alabama.

This argument is hot garbage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    The same people also fight programs to aid poor people those who choose to keep their kids despite their economic status, punish the kids for poor parents in school by giving them substandard lunches, cut the funding for programs to feed and educate the kids without the parents involved, and generally do everything they can to punish those who are poor or choose to have sex when poor. Call them Welfare Queens and vilify thousands for the handful that are guilty of what they claim.
    Ok hold on a second.

This is a very one sided view. People have absolutely learned to take advantage of the system here in the US. My wife and I see it every single day. My wife works for a non profit organization for mental health for kids who have no insurance and I can tell you these parents have an ass ton of kids and expect everything for free. They are not interested in working or taking care of things for themselves. They are interested in addition income. It’s a problem….I see it firsthand. Obviously we are not talking about all poor people here. Some people need help and some just need a break. But believe me there are a lot of people who know how to work the system. And those are the ones that the religious people have problems with. It is a fact that in the Bible it says you should work if you’re able. So when talking about the religious right not waning to give…that’s not true at all. In fact there is no one who gives more to the poor than churches in the US. But that said they also believe in hard work generally and so seeing people milking the system really bothers them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Capital Punishment is legal in Alabama.

This argument is hot garbage.
    huh? Capital punishment and abortion are two totally different things. Your whole comment is hot garbage.

Ok hold on a second.

This is a very one sided view. People have absolutely learned to take advantage of the system here in the US. My wife and I see it every single day. My wife works for a non profit organization for mental health for kids who have no insurance and I can tell you these parents have an ass ton of kids and expect everything for free. They are not interested in working or taking care of things for themselves. They are interested in addition income. It’s a problem….I see it firsthand. Obviously we are not talking about all poor people here. Some people need help and some just need a break. But believe me there are a lot of people who know how to work the system. And those are the ones that the religious people have problems with. It is a fact that in the Bible it says you should work if you’re able. So when talking about the religious right not waning to give…that’s not true at all. In fact there is no one who gives more to the poor than churches in the US. But that said they also believe in hard work generally and so seeing people milking the system really bothers them.
    So about what breakdown of Good Poor People to Bad Poor People are you thinking is going on? 60-40, 80-20, 40-60? What're we talking here? I have my ideas about how many people should be punished to stop cheaters and fakers, but I'd like to hear yours.

Oh, Churches are also very choosy about who they help and who they let starve in the streets so if we're going to look at both sides lets do that.

I think it's just a different world view. No one is think "how can we punish those bitches?". It's just not like that.
    I don't know of anyone who struggles with birth control...maybe Catholics? I'm personally fine with the pill...plan B I'm personally not ok with.
    Are you saying you wouldn't have your wife use it, or are you OK with making it illegal?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Are you saying you wouldn't have your wife use it, or are you OK with making it illegal?
    I don't see any problem with the pill as it keeps you from becoming pregnant. Not ok with the day after personally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    So about what breakdown of Good Poor People to Bad Poor People are you thinking is going on? 60-40, 80-20, 40-60? What're we talking here? I have my ideas about how many people should be punished to stop cheaters and fakers, but I'd like to hear yours.

Oh, Churches are also very choosy about who they help and who they let starve in the streets so if we're going to look at both sides lets do that.
    I don’t know that it’s about good and bad. I think it’s just a cultural problem…born into poverty and learning to stay in it. It’s not they are bad people so much as it is that they learn to survive that way. Not sure how you could weed out the cheaters. I think it would probably take a lot of resources.

I had a neighbor a few years back at my last home that was very much like this. She claimed disability and knew how to work the system. She was nice to us but damn did it bug me to see her take advantage of things the way she did.

But you know by throwing money at people who don’t have much you really make them dependent on the system. It’s very true but I don’t know how you would fix the problem. Can’t let them starve…so what do you do?

As for churches….not sure what you’re referring to really. They have a right to give to who they want really but the amount of money that comes from churches in the US is crazy.

huh? Capital punishment and abortion are two totally different things. Your whole comment is hot garbage.
    Republicans want to kill all the minorities in jail. Yet, they are "concerned" about not enough white babies being born to keep them in the majority.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Republicans want to kill all the minorities in jail. Yet, they are "concerned" about not enough white babies being born to keep them in the majority.
    I have never ever heard of republican wanting to kill all minorities in jail. That's just some made up left wing bs right there. Concerned about not enough white babies? Are you serious? You need to be on meds if you believe that trash. That is some serious far left crazy talk. Damn I thought the right wingers were bad about believing stupid conspiracies but wow that one is really rich!

Not if taking a human life is at issue(let's set aside that you said "killing").

Six is the same as a half a dozen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not if taking a human life is at issue(let's set aside that you said "killing").

Six is the same as a half a dozen.
    You're talking about a child vs someone who most likely killed people or whatever the situation was that put them there. Yes it's different. It's not even a discussion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Ironically, banning abortion would only accelerate that process, since most of the new babies would be born to poor minority and immigrant women, whereas wealthy white women can easily travel to another state, or even another country if it comes to that.

You're talking about a child vs someone who most likely killed people or whatever the situation was that put them there. Yes it's different. It's not even a discussion.
    No, it's not.

Life is actually so important that you will protect it at all costs or it is not.

If the later is the case, there are the same sorts of cases where abortion is an acceptable reality as there are when it comes to execution.

I don’t know that it’s about good and bad. I think it’s just a cultural problem…born into poverty and learning to stay in it. It’s not they are bad people so much as it is that they learn to survive that way. Not sure how you could weed out the cheaters. I think it would probably take a lot of resources.

I had a neighbor a few years back at my last home that was very much like this. She claimed disability and knew how to work the system. She was nice to us but damn did it bug me to see her take advantage of things the way she did.

But you know by throwing money at people who don’t have much you really make them dependent on the system. It’s very true but I don’t know how you would fix the problem. Can’t let them starve…so what do you do?
    I'll rephrase the question: What breakdown of Genuine Needy Folk to Cheaters do you think it is? 60-40, 80-20, 40-60?

I also don't think you've known many people in the system, or maybe just not the ones I've known. It's humiliating for many, in this country that prides itself on self-support. No matter how much work you put in or effort you make to change your situation there are some who will vilify you for not wanting to work for what you've got, and then the hypocrites in office putting up a never ending series of hoops you're forced to jump through.

As for churches….not sure what you’re referring to really. They have a right to give to who they want really but the amount of money that comes from churches in the US is crazy.
    Jesus wouldn't let someone die of starvation or exposure because they were gay, a sex-worker, or the wrong brand of non-christian. They have the right to choose who they give to, but no right to be free of criticism for who they choose not to help.