Page 107 of 667 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 10005
    Incredible Member

Comic book fans have known about space pirates since at least 1981:

A few old-timers may have seen them in 1952:

(continued next post)
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Incredible Member

(space pirate history continued)

Or when they reappeared in 1964:

And their movie appearance in 1979:

--
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you are going to start trying to create parameters for what is "Considered Human", this is going to to get incredibly silly incredibly quickly.
    My reply was to "Just to add, the difference between abortion and capital punishment is that with the death penalty a human being dies"

Point was that to one person both are murder and to the other only one was murder. I was not putting parameters on anything. You're putting words in my mouth...true CNN style.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, that’s how right wingers, conservatives and bible thumpers roll.
    Yes we are all identical.
    But I guess there is some truth to that. Typically all of us clones do believe in limits and boundaries. Crazy stuff like being responsible with your vaginas so that you're not "forced" to kill your human child or have a butt load of children and force the tax payers to support you. Or you know...do something crazy like get on the pill or use a condom. Both of which are extremely cheap....it's not like you really need insurance for either of those things. Yes...you're right. Only you liberals know what true morals are. All of us bible thumping right wing crazies have lost perspective....only liberals truly understand the important things like a man is really a woman if he feels like he is or teaching your child (not that you would have one because you prefer to kill them) that they are whatever they feel like they are... Yes we are completely crazy. Keep killing those children....based off of a lot of stuff I read around here you might just be doing the world a favor.

You know I'm going to love being here when Trump wins in 2020.... The face melting is going to be epic and I don't even like Trump.
    Last edited by Ohnooze; 05-16-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnooze View Post
    But I guess there is some truth to that. Typically all of us clones do believe in limits and boundaries. Crazy stuff like being responsible with your vaginas so that you're not "forced" to kill your human child or have a butt load of children and force the tax payers to support you. Or you know...do something crazy like get on the pill or use a condom. Both of which are extremely cheap....it's not like you really need insurance for either of those things. Yes...you're right. Only you liberals know what true morals are. All of us bible thumping right wing crazies have lost perspective....only liberals truly understand the important things like a man is really a woman if he feels like he is or teaching your child (not that you would have one because you prefer to kill them) that they are whatever they feel like they are... Yes we are completely crazy. Keep killing those children....based off of a lot of stuff I read around here you might just be doing the world a favor.

You know I'm going to love being here when Trump wins in 2020.... The face melting is going to be epic and I don't even like Trump.
    .../yikes/. Way to show yourself.

My only perspective is that we men should not be telling women they are required to give birth if they should become pregnant and that their liberty required bodily autonomy and control of their reproductive systems.

You stand revealed here as just another bigot, as evidenced by your dig at trans people here. It's clear your understanding of pregnancy and birth control (which sometimes does not work, friend) is deeply limited.

Do us all a favor and stop speaking about that which you do not understand, and more importantly, have zero stake in beyond the theoretical children you think you're saving.

You're not pro-life. You're pro-controlling-women.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-16-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Thoughts and prayers.
    I just loled.
    I never lol.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Farm votes have been trending EXTREMELY liberal since 2016, a 2:1 conversion rate.

That will help shake up rural America more than anything.
    Do you have a citation on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is running for president

Three-quarters of New Yorkers don’t want de Blasio to run for the White House. He’s doing it anyway.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-new-york-city

Even his city doesn't want to support his presidential bid. How can a little-loved mayor even hope to compete?

https://www.ft.com/content/59f1df74-...d-7c18c0ea0201
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    De Blasio is the Democrat's version of Chris Christie
    While I think that the guy is going to face plant, anyone who can mount a run should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnooze View Post

I think I have a Bingo!
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Alabama's Abortion Ban Is Nothing But Cruelty and Oppression

And, lastly, there's this cat, Clyde Chambliss, the Pride of Prattville, who was one of the prime movers of the law, and who was asked whether in vitro fertilization clinics that discard embryos could be criminally liable under this new law. Of course not, Chambliss replies. After all, people Chambliss knows might need to use those.

"The egg in the lab doesn’t apply. It’s not in a woman. She’s not pregnant."
    Game? Given away. This wasn't about protecting god's little embryos. It was about asserting control over women, taking away their physical autonomy in the most intimate fashion. Are you a victim of rape? Chambliss has an answer for that, too.
    Figures questioned Chambliss about the opposition to the rape and incest exception and its effect on victims of those acts. “To take that choice away from that person who had such a traumatic act committed against them, to be left with the residue of that person, if you will,” Figures said. “To have to bring that child into this world and be reminded of that every single day. Some people can do that. Some people can. But some can’t. But why would you not want a woman to at least have that exception for such a horrific act?”
    Chambliss said, “Because I believe that when that unborn child becomes a person that we need legal guidance on when that is." “But that is not your business,” Figures said. “You don’t have to raise that child. You don’t have to carry that child. You don’t have to provide for that child. You don’t have to do anything for that child. You want to make that decision for that woman that that’s what she has to do.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I think that the guy is going to face plant, anyone who can mount a run should be able to.
    Of course, just expecting the outcome to mirror that of what happened to Christie in many ways.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Of course, just expecting the outcome to mirror that of what happened to Christie in many ways.
    I get the feeling that Christie will wind up looking like Reagan compared to what this is going to look like.

Extraordinary Member

This is why I hate the abortion debate because you guys fundamentally will never agree on what it actually is. It's a waste of time. Everyone just keep fighting to advance your own causes, nobody will convince anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This is why I hate the abortion debate because you guys fundamentally will never agree on what it actually is. It's a waste of time. Everyone just keep fighting to advance your own causes, nobody will convince anybody.
    I mean, you either treat women like they're people or you don't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, you either treat women like they're people or you don't.
    If you honestly 100% think that upon conception that it is a human that they are carrying, then you really don't have much leeway to say it's acceptable under anything less than life threatening conditions to kill it. If you don't believe that, then it becomes a viable choice.

To a lot of these people the difference between an abortion and strangling a baby in it's crib is just time and nothing else.