Page 110 of 667 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210610 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 10005
    iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just saw this item on Facebook which illustrates to perfection the irony, and hypocrisy of the madness that's vomited out of Alabama:

"White Alabama men are fighting for the rights of a bunch of cells inside a woman's uterus. But, if those cells turn out to be gay, lesbian, bi, trans, a woman, black, brown, Muslim....suddenly they won't fight for them, they will literally fight against them. Insanity."
    The reality is that it's eugenics. That goes back to the Civil War when the South refused to stop owning people. You couple that with the war on terror and the Mexican immigration of early 2000's, you got a clear picture for the current crop of White Nationalists and politicians.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

I know she's not gonna get the nom, but I like Tulsi more and more each day.

I think Warran and Harris are still my frontrunners.

Also, I'm not generally in on piling on other dem candidates, even if I'm not stoked on them, but Samantha Bee's recent bit about Biden was hilarious. The part where he's describing in great detail some cartoon...it's like the most rambling old guy thing I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I know she's not gonna get the nom, but I like Tulsi more and more each day.

I think Warran and Harris are still my frontrunners.

Also, I'm not generally in on piling on other dem candidates, even if I'm not stoked on them, but Samantha Bee's recent bit about Biden was hilarious. The part where he's describing in great detail some cartoon...it's like the most rambling old guy thing I've ever seen.
    I think we all love piling on Ranger Joe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's simple, most "modern conservatives" simply regurgitate talking points without bring anything new table. Intellectual conservatism is on the decline and what we see more and more of these days is people that are simply threatened by minorities and women and immigrants lashing out a changing environment.
    A lot like what you just did with that statement. The default argument no matter what a conservative says goes something like "you're threatened by minorities and women and immigrants". Every conversation turns into some kind grand conspiracy by "the system" to keep racism alive and well in the US. Unbelievably hypocritical.
    Last edited by Ohnooze; 05-17-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnooze View Post
    A lot like what you just did with that statement. The default argument no matter what a conservative says goes something like "your threatened by minorities and women and immigrants". Every conversation turns into some kind grand conspiracy by "the system" to keep racism alive and well in the US. Unbelievably hypocritical.
    "All a hypocritical liberal conspiracy theory"

*YAWN*

Have we got bingo yet ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    "All a hypocritical liberal conspiracy theory"

*YAWN*

Have we got bingo yet ?
    Never said it was all a "All a hypocritical liberal conspiracy theory". My point was that is exactly what liberals do and it's a hypocritical statement. Thanks for helping me make the point by adding nothing and twisting my meaning.

Ultimate Member

A lot like what you just did with that statement. The default argument no matter what a conservative says goes something like "you're threatened by minorities and women and immigrants". Every conversation turns into some kind grand conspiracy by "the system" to keep racism alive and well in the US. Unbelievably hypocritical.
    Jetengine just replied you perfectly.

Like, what else is new?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Jetengine just replied you perfectly.

Like, what else is new?
    Jetengine said nothing. You guys complain about conservatives not listening but you're the exact same way. You dismiss every argument with some kind of bigotry accusation instated of trying to see it from their point of view then complain about how close minded they are.

Jetengine said nothing. You guys complain about conservatives not listening but you're the exact same way. You dismiss every argument with some kind of bigotry accusation instated of trying to see it from their point of view then complain about how close minded they are.
    What point of view? Like seriously.

When science is ignored, when peoples choices are squashed, when it runs back constantly to "Well my big buisness interests are the real issue" etc people start to get pissed off.

We have tons of liberals arguing in this thread over what each candidate has done in their career and whether that makes then actually good enough. Meanwhile Conservatives vote for anyone no matter how damaging it is to themselves.

Ultimate Member

Not at all -- after you said "everyone" forces their views on others, I asked you what "view" I had tried to force on you and then pointed out that it's religious people who tend to do this (the Inquistion, the Crusades, Manifest Destiny, witch burnings, abortion, etc) which is why many are wary of "conservative religious" thought.

Some even try to force their will on others to the point where they will even threaten or shoot up the clinics providing abortions -- why shouldn't people be wary?

You could have responded to that but you didn't, so don't try to make the argument that "you guys dismiss every argument with some kind of bigotry accusation", when all many have done is pointed out actual "bigotry" -- such as the frequent attacks on LGBT citizens by the "Christian right".

As for the issue of racism, it's well known that many Christians use their religion to justify attacks on Muslims and other minorities -- the Klan even used it to justify burning crosses in the front of my great aunt's home before lynching one of her relatives.

You can argue that things have changed, but as has often been pointed out, Sunday church time is still the most segregated hour of the week in America.

So again -- using the examples above, how does "everyone" try to force their views on others like many religious (Christian) people do?

I'd like to add here that I have no problem with Christians -- or Christianity in general -- and I'm glad to live in a country where people can worship as they see fit, so long as they fairly abide by the laws and principles regarding the separation of Church and State.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 05-17-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    If you honestly 100% think that upon conception that it is a human that they are carrying, then you really don't have much leeway to say it's acceptable under anything less than life threatening conditions to kill it. If you don't believe that, then it becomes a viable choice.

To a lot of these people the difference between an abortion and strangling a baby in it's crib is just time and nothing else.
    Are you, personally, saying, personally, though, personally, that both those opinions are equally valid?

I mean, you personally?

Ultimate Member

[Deleted.]
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 05-17-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

Then lets exchange ideas.

Being "anti-everything liberal no matter how damaging" isn't an argument.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    What point of view? Like seriously.

When science is ignored, when peoples choices are squashed, when it runs back constantly to "Well my big buisness interests are the real issue" etc people start to get pissed off.

We have tons of liberals arguing in this thread over what each candidate has done in their career and whether that makes then actually good enough. Meanwhile Conservatives vote for anyone no matter how damaging it is to themselves.
    That's the problem with the modern right, no matter how utterly ridiculous a point of view is like opposing unionization or blanket abortions or separating families at the border or border walls (all absolutely ridiculous ideas taking us back to the dark ages) , some people on the right find ways to defend it.

On the left on the other hand, there are several competing ideas being thrown around right now (like universal healthcare, universal basic income, green economics, e.t.c) which are pertinent in the face of current challenges.

That's why people dismiss right wing talking points. It's all just about opposing stuff without any real solutions. Calling trans people mentally ill doesn't solve the growing number of trans people, building walls at the border won't stop or curb illegal immigration, banning abortion will not curb abortion and won't "preserve" white people, saying people should be slaves to capitalism doesn't solve the massive and increasing wage gap e.t.c
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-17-2019 at 07:49 AM.

There is no debate over whether transgender people exist. It's an accepted fact, so comment accordingly.