Page 115 of 340 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 5094
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Personally I don't think the abortion issue will ever truly be resolved, at least not in my life time, possible technologies that could solve the issue would mostly be fantasy at this point.

You'd have to either have a contraception method that is 100% effective, has minimal to no side effects on either the person taking it or the act of sex they participate in (just in case someone wanted to say abstinence qualifies), free, and easily available in all parts of the country.

Or from the other side of the coin, have a cheap, if not free, method of removing the zygote or fetus from the mother and letting it develop in an artificial womb with no responsibilites placed on her.

Even if either of these two fantasties would happen you'd still get debates about taxes, orphanages, quality of life of the child etc.
    The problem with the former is that even if there was a 100% full proof contraception, you’d need people to use it. You’d almost have to have a situation where you regulated that everyone was temporarily sterilized the minute they turned a certain age and then a doctor deactivated it when they want kids.

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day published profiles about Mike Ritze, who we highlighted for his sponsorship of Oklahoma’s HB 1330 law, which allowed the presentation of religious monuments on state grounds. Now, while being enough of a theocrat to push for a law similar to ones that the Supreme Court has already overturned is often enough to earn a profile here, Ritze gets special consideration for purchasing a Ten Commandments monument to put up at the state capitol that had multiple spelling errors. The monument stood for a few months until a mentally ill man crashed into it, at the cost of several thousand dollars to Ritze, personally, to build yet another one. But the monument issue gets even more hilarious… Ritze’s wording in writing HB 1330 was vague enough that it left a loophole for ANY religion to put up a monument on state grounds, so a Satanic Temple decided to troll Oklahoma’s GOP Fundamentalists by preparing a statue of Baphomet tempting children to stand on government property, as well. In the end, the Oklahoma Supreme Court made him take down his third attempt at a Ten Commandments ruling after a legal challenge, at a cost of another five thousand dollars to Ritze. Rather than quit while he was ahead, I started lying and claiming all historical landmarks with any religious significance might be taken down (that’s false), and began trying to find ways to impeach members of the Oklahoma Supreme Court for recognizing that there should be a whole separation of church and state.

Anyway, outside of this very specific comedy of errors that Ritze is responsible for, we also have one heck of a tacky voting record to single him out on, where he has been a proponent of Birther legislation, preventing the threat of the Agenda 21 Conspiracy theory, bans on Sharia Law, trying to nullify the Affordable Care Act, Trap Laws to attempt to shut down all the state’s abortion clinics, as well as stricter Voter ID laws to combat the statistically non-existent problem of in-person voter fraud at the cost of disenfranchising tens of thousands of voters. Mike Ritze’s newest obsession, as of March 2017, is the threat of “Blue Zones”. He warned citizens in an opinion editorial in the local papers that the group Blue Zones, LLC, was trying to restrict the lifestyle choices of Oklahomans, and to “stay vigilant”. Anyone who actually goes to the “Blue Zones” website, however, will only learn that the group tries to promote the benefits of spending quality time with family and friends, exercising, getting enough sleep, eating a more plant-based diet (fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, legumes), or avoiding smoking. So whatever paranoid fears Ritze might have, the worst that might come of it is “Blue Zones, LLC” might convince a state legislature to invest money into healthier eating via school lunches or community orchards or marketplaces for selling organic vegetables, or maybe a ban on smoking in some public places. Clearly, global domination territory… STAY VIGILANT!

In May of 2017, Mike Ritze came up with an interesting budget plan to save money... harass 82,000 kids who speak Spanish and hand them over to ICE for interrogation! First off, YES, we have to educate non-citizens when they're children, if you ever paid attention to federal law, you muskrat-toupeed twit. But apparently Ritze still thinks there's "savings" into profiling people and just deporting them for not speaking English, rather than, y'know, provide them with an education. One where they might actually be taught English, in theory. But news flash, Mike… there are U.S. citizens who don’t speak English. Shocking, I know.

We also have taken note recently about how Oklahoma state legislators managed to vote on a particularly insane piece of legislation to expand the state’s “Stand Your Ground” laws so that people could more easily shoot and kill another person, this time if they suspect they’re somehow a threat to another member of their church. Would you believe that Mike Ritze was a co-sponsor of that insane bill? He was.

Mike Ritze, and his hairpiece were up for re-election in 2018. He was defeated in the GOP Primary, being bounced from office after only getting 42% of the vote. We can only hope that at 71 years old, Ritze takes the hint, and f***s right off and out of American politics.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You might want to be careful about discussing the "final solution" and "eugenics". Those are some... hot point words to use together.
    But, that's not too far from where you are my american friends.
    And I'm afraid Trump will incredibly difficult to oust from office, what will prevent him from rigging the next election?
    Sometimes when you realize the damage done, it's cause it's already too late.

Oh, hey, Missouri's in the news. I wonder what we did this time.
    Guess. Just @#$%ing guess.
    That's right, we pulled an Alabama.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/u...rtion-law.html

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Oh, hey, Missouri's in the news. I wonder what we did this time.
    Guess. Just @#$%ing guess.
    That's right, we pulled an Alabama.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/u...rtion-law.html
    Even better, a GOP rep in the Missouri House began claiming that women totally know they're pregnant at 8 weeks, he knows from his time as a cop and seeing cases of "date rapes or consensual rapes".

A Democratic counterpart quickly went to the floor to point out WTF there's no such thing as "consensual rape".

The shadow of Todd Akin still looms over the loons in the anti-choice movement.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

He tried to do some damage control later on and said that he misspoke, too. It's always interesting when the soulless ghouls of the GOP let the masks slip for a second.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Even better, a GOP rep in the Missouri House began claiming that women totally know they're pregnant at 8 weeks, he knows from his time as a cop and seeing cases of "date rapes or consensual rapes".

A Democratic counterpart quickly went to the floor to point out WTF there's no such thing as "consensual rape".

The shadow of Todd Akin still looms over the loons in the anti-choice movement.
    Yeah, women sure know how to shut that shit down. Yesiree, Bob!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 JDogindy's Avatar

I'd say I'd be surprised about this comic from Gary Varvel supporting Alabama and its extremist abortion law:

But Varvel has always made comics where he's supported strong-arm anti-abortion laws and condemned anything that allowed a woman's right to choose be considered by depicting it as guilt tripping by depicting hundreds of dead babies (not gruesomely, but you get the picture). It's a good thing the Indianapolis Star got rid of him. Then the Indianapolis Business Journal hired him and I stopped having interest in reading that newspaper that kept tabs on the business end of central Indiana because when I want to read the IBJ, I don't want to read cartoons from the guy who helped convince Trump to call Pete Buttigieg "Alfred E. Newman".

T
    I believe I just profiled him on May the 4th...

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-David-Eastman
    This happens so often. You profile a dude and THEN they do something stupid or crazy and it winds up just missing this years update, like this abortion bill. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I’m saying it doesn’t matter to the people who believe it and you’re a fool if you think there is any viability in convincing them otherwise. You’re just spinning your wheels and wasting cycles on a fruitless task
    Why do they believe life starts at conception in a woman's body, but not in a petridish though?

And please don't make assumptions over my foolishness. My foolishness if for myself to prove.

The birth land of Adolf Hitler is going through a major crisis, as one of Hitler's ideological heirs, leader of the extreme right party FPO and vice chancellor Strache, was caught on tape selling policy to Russian oligarchs.

Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/_FelixSimon_/sta...29214481006592

That's gotta be putin the chancellor in an awkward position.

The video shows Strache talking to the alleged niece of a Russian oligarch close to Putin. She indicates several times that she would invest several hundred million euros (in return for favours) to help Strache win, Russian money of unclear origin. The clou: she is a decoy.

In the secretly filmed video, Strache also speaks of his desire to re-design the Austrian media system in Hungarian fashion – which would mean the end of a free press and an independent public broadcaster.

According to the SZ, one can also hear how Strache describes how the Russian could illegally and clandestinely donate money to the FPÖ. He also claims that several Austrian billionaires have used this option in the past to donate to his party.

Over the course of the meeting, which lasted about seven hours, several potential cooperations were discussed. If they had been implemented, some of them would presumably have been illegal, says the SZ.

Just looked more into it, and apparently Stache in a high government position is a bit like replacing Mike Pence with Richard Spencer:

All you need to know about Heinz-Christian Strache - the Far Right Austrian Vice-Chancellor busted talking illegal access to government with a purported Russian multi-millionaire - you can find in this bizarre entrance to one of his rallies.

Had no idea Hitlerland had slipped back to the right so harshly.

"No collusion!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    "No collusion!"
    In his defense, if she was just an undercover journalist or activist, he wasn't really colluding.

He just wanted to really, really badly.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: GOP Doesn’t Care About Brown, Black Or Poor Babies

“What angers me about the GOP’s attempts to turn the United States into a far-right Christian theocracy is how dishonest they are about it.” Not to mention how hypocritical as well.

Trump’s New Immigration Plan Doesn’t Make Any Sense

If the White House believes migrants depress wages, why does it want to recruit them specifically for high-paying jobs? Anyone expecting sense to come out of this White House is flat out delusional.

Trump Administration Is Transporting More Migrants From Border To Other U.S. Cities

Florida’s Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis said he’d have to “talk to the president” about plans to send more immigrants to South Florida. Meanwhile....

Florida Mayor Suggests Putting Immigrants Up At Trump Hotels

Brazil Subsidiary Hoovers Up $62 Million In Trump Trade War Aid Intended For Farmers

“Why is the USDA bailing out plants operated by the biggest meatpacker in the world?” asks an activist. Because they can? Nothing about this makes a lick of sense.

Republican Senator Calls Equality Act For LGBTQ Rights ‘Counterproductive’

Sen. Mike Lee, who has been accused of discrimination, said we’re already “becoming more tolerant.” Coming from a dirtbag like Lee, I find that claim dubious at best.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!