Page 133 of 667 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233633 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 10005

https://twitter.com/gwensnyderPHL/st...61831118000128

A thread that shows the march towards extreme right wing radicalization for one specific person.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I definitely hear people pointing out that a lot of the problems in out society are directly tied to problems with the very system capitalism, but I don't really hear them calling for capitalism to be abolished since there isn't really a good system to replace it with.
    Well the problem isn't capitalism per se, but the fact that certain individuals have managed to concentrate enough wealth and power to rewrite the rules to their advantage, thus enabling them to shut out competitors and keep raking in profits through rent extraction alone, even if their actual services are dogshit. You can kind of see this happening in real time with companies like Google and Facebook, because hard as it might be to remember now, it wasn't so long ago that these were genuinely innovative companies whose services were really loved and appreciated by the people who used them. They didn't achieve this because there was some kind of special sauce or entrepreneurial brilliance at work, they did it because they grew up in a competitive landscape that forced them to stay ahead of their rivals if they wanted to stay alive. Nowadays, they don't have all that much competition to worry about which means that they no longer need to bother improving their services, people will continue to use them simply because they don't have much of a choice, any attempts to create a rival search engine or social network is a complete non-starter these days and would get you laughed out of every VC meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Well the problem isn't capitalism per se, but the fact that certain individuals have managed to concentrate enough wealth and power to rewrite the rules to their advantage, thus enabling them to shut out competitors and keep raking in profits through rent extraction alone, even if their actual services are dogshit. You can kind of see this happening in real time with companies like Google and Facebook, because hard as it might be to remember now, it wasn't so long ago that these were genuinely innovative companies whose services were really loved and appreciated by the people who used them. They didn't achieve this because there was some kind of special sauce or entrepreneurial brilliance at work, they did it because they grew up in a competitive landscape that forced them to stay ahead of their rivals if they wanted to stay alive. Nowadays, they don't have all that much competition to worry about which means that they no longer need to bother improving their services, people will continue to use them simply because they don't have much of a choice, any attempts to create a rival search engine or social network is a complete non-starter these days and would get you laughed out of every VC meeting.
    A simple example would be WWE.

Back in the 80s and 90s when they actually had to try to get an audience (due to local wrestling shows and rival WCW) they were at their best. Now though their lazy and mediocre due to having no competition whilst also having devastated the American wrestling scene since they crushed any competition, as such theres no more resources for them to work with.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    https://twitter.com/gwensnyderPHL/st...61831118000128

A thread that shows the march towards extreme right wing radicalization for one specific person.
    Damn...that was very detailed and very depressing.

Mighty Member

Also, sounds like things went swimmingly in Italy and France, and with the likely re-election of Trump, we march closer to a unified authoritarian wasteland.

Maybe I should stop reading the news and just wait to hear the airraid sirens blast.
    Last edited by ZombieHavoc; 05-28-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But, on the other end of the spectrum, you have midwesterners and especially farmers who’ve been kneecapped by Trump’s tariff war against China, and those people are said to be plenty pissed, so those more than likely represent voters he’ll lose next year.
    This is true. I wonder how much those $16 billion in subsidies will assuage this? Also, ever read What's the Matter With Kansas? Most o these people have a long history of voting against their own interests. I can see a lot of them staying home on Election Day, but not many will likely vote for a Democrat.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    This is true. I wonder how much those $16 billion in subsidies will assuage this? Also, ever read What's the Matter With Kansas? Most o these people have a long history of voting against their own interests. I can see a lot of them staying home on Election Day, but not many will likely vote for a Democrat.
    It's not worth it to try and sway these types of voters, doing so would basically require the Democrats to commit to giving them even more support, with the threat that they'll basically go back to voting Republican as soon as the payments stop. Farmers should pick themselves up by their own bootstraps and find somewhere else to sell their produce, even if a trade deal is reached it's unlikely that China will start buying American soybeans again.

Kansas elected Democrat Laura Kelly last year in a clearly anti-Trump vote. Her opponent is was a big Trumpster.

So not a sure thing for Trump next year.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Missouri is in the news again. This Saturday they could shut down the Planned Parenthood in St Louis, Missouri's only abortion provider. That's right, we will officially become the first state in the union to not have an abortion provider since Roe v Wade in 1973. We did it guys! We won the race to the bottom! Woo!

But, in brighter news...
    ...I saw a turtle today, that was pretty cool.

There's no good news, guys, there's never any good news.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Missouri is in the news again. This Saturday they could shut down the Planned Parenthood in St Louis, Missouri's only abortion provider. That's right, we will officially become the first state in the union to not have an abortion provider since Roe v Wade in 1973. We did it guys! We won the race to the bottom! Woo!
    Of course, that won't stop abortions from happening, anybody with two working brain cells to rub together knows that. Those that can afford to will go out of state to have the procedure done, those that can't will wind up in the eager hands of back alley butchers, putting the woman's life in danger. But hey, what to pro-lifers care? They're all about saving the unborn!

But, in brighter news...
    ...I saw a turtle today, that was pretty cool.
    I envy you. The only time I see a turtle is when I go to the Philadelphia Zoo or the Camden Aquarium.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Child Dies, Several Schoolgirls Injured In Knife Attack At Japan Bus Stop

A man brandishing a knife stabbed at least 18 people in Kawasaki City on Tuesday morning. One child and one adult were killed, officials said. A sad and horrible story. I'm sure some unhinged gun nut probably commented that if Japan allowed people to have guns, he would've been stopped.

Trump HUD Official: ‘I Honestly Don’t Care’ If I’m Breaking Federal Law

Lynne Patton said she may have violated the Hatch Act, then called anyone mad about it a “liberal snowflake.” Can you imagine the howls of outrages from right wingers if someone in Barack Obama's administration had said something THAT damn stupid? And this bitch will get away with it because of cowardly Republicans in Congress looking the other way.

Congressman Likens His Own Behavior In Marines To That Of War Crimes Suspect

Rep. Duncan Hunter attempted to downplay charges filed against Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher, saying he did “one bad thing that I’m guilty of too.” There is NO downplaying what scum like Hunter and Gallagher had done.

Fox News Host Pete Hegseth Gushes About Trump: ‘This Guy’s Got The Thickest Skin’

The “Fox & Friends” host said Trump’s political rivals, about whom he constantly tweets, aren’t getting to him at all, actually. My response to that nonsense: BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Service Members Pictured Wearing Donald Trump-Themed Patches During USS Wasp Speech

The morale patches bore a likeness of the president alongside the slogan “Make Aircrew Great Again.” Silence from the GOP. Now if those patches had Barack Obama's likeness on them, those same Republicans would be screaming bloody murder.

I didn't know they allowed political displays on uniforms. Isn't this against regulations or is everyone looking the other way?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I didn't know they allowed political displays on uniforms. Isn't this against regulations or is everyone looking the other way?
    The dude on that patch looks more like Mitt Romney to me.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It’s been twenty-three years since I retired from the military, so I don’t know the score when it comes to what’s kosher on uniforms. Still, it wouldn’t surprise me if commanders looked the other way rather than piss off Trump who’s not above slamming ANYONE who angers him. What I want to know is if crewmen who disliked Trump were forced to wear those patches.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Of course, that won't stop abortions from happening, anybody with two working brain cells to rub together knows that. Those that can afford to will go out of state to have the procedure done, those that can't will wind up in the eager hands of back alley butchers, putting the woman's life in danger. But hey, what to pro-lifers care? They're all about saving the unborn!

I envy you. The only time I see a turtle is when I go to the Philadelphia Zoo or the Camden Aquarium.
    We have turtles in Central Park, and abortions in our Hospitals.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It's a hatch act violation.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum