Page 137 of 476 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 7138

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But, on the other end of the spectrum, you have midwesterners and especially farmers who’ve been kneecapped by Trump’s tariff war against China, and those people are said to be plenty pissed, so those more than likely represent voters he’ll lose next year.
    This is true. I wonder how much those $16 billion in subsidies will assuage this? Also, ever read What's the Matter With Kansas? Most o these people have a long history of voting against their own interests. I can see a lot of them staying home on Election Day, but not many will likely vote for a Democrat.
    Pull List: Animosity,Babyteeth,Birthright,Black Hammer,Black Science,Damned,Deadly Class,Descender,East of West,Eternal Empire,Hellboy,Hillbilly,I Hate Fairyland,Injustice,Kill or be Killed,Lazarus,Manifest Destiny,Outcast,Paper Girls,Rat Queens,Saga,Seven to Eternity,Sex Criminals,Southern Bastards,Star Wars,Stray Bullets,Uber,Usagi Yojimbo,all Valiant,Walking Dead,Wayward,Wicked & Divine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    This is true. I wonder how much those $16 billion in subsidies will assuage this? Also, ever read What's the Matter With Kansas? Most o these people have a long history of voting against their own interests. I can see a lot of them staying home on Election Day, but not many will likely vote for a Democrat.
    It's not worth it to try and sway these types of voters, doing so would basically require the Democrats to commit to giving them even more support, with the threat that they'll basically go back to voting Republican as soon as the payments stop. Farmers should pick themselves up by their own bootstraps and find somewhere else to sell their produce, even if a trade deal is reached it's unlikely that China will start buying American soybeans again.

Kansas elected Democrat Laura Kelly last year in a clearly anti-Trump vote. Her opponent is was a big Trumpster.

So not a sure thing for Trump next year.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Missouri is in the news again. This Saturday they could shut down the Planned Parenthood in St Louis, Missouri's only abortion provider. That's right, we will officially become the first state in the union to not have an abortion provider since Roe v Wade in 1973. We did it guys! We won the race to the bottom! Woo!

But, in brighter news...
    ...I saw a turtle today, that was pretty cool.

There's no good news, guys, there's never any good news.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Missouri is in the news again. This Saturday they could shut down the Planned Parenthood in St Louis, Missouri's only abortion provider. That's right, we will officially become the first state in the union to not have an abortion provider since Roe v Wade in 1973. We did it guys! We won the race to the bottom! Woo!
    Of course, that won't stop abortions from happening, anybody with two working brain cells to rub together knows that. Those that can afford to will go out of state to have the procedure done, those that can't will wind up in the eager hands of back alley butchers, putting the woman's life in danger. But hey, what to pro-lifers care? They're all about saving the unborn!

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    But, in brighter news...
    ...I saw a turtle today, that was pretty cool.
    I envy you. The only time I see a turtle is when I go to the Philadelphia Zoo or the Camden Aquarium.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Child Dies, Several Schoolgirls Injured In Knife Attack At Japan Bus Stop

A man brandishing a knife stabbed at least 18 people in Kawasaki City on Tuesday morning. One child and one adult were killed, officials said. A sad and horrible story. I'm sure some unhinged gun nut probably commented that if Japan allowed people to have guns, he would've been stopped.

Trump HUD Official: ‘I Honestly Don’t Care’ If I’m Breaking Federal Law

Lynne Patton said she may have violated the Hatch Act, then called anyone mad about it a “liberal snowflake.” Can you imagine the howls of outrages from right wingers if someone in Barack Obama's administration had said something THAT damn stupid? And this bitch will get away with it because of cowardly Republicans in Congress looking the other way.

Congressman Likens His Own Behavior In Marines To That Of War Crimes Suspect

Rep. Duncan Hunter attempted to downplay charges filed against Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher, saying he did “one bad thing that I’m guilty of too.” There is NO downplaying what scum like Hunter and Gallagher had done.

Fox News Host Pete Hegseth Gushes About Trump: ‘This Guy’s Got The Thickest Skin’

The “Fox & Friends” host said Trump’s political rivals, about whom he constantly tweets, aren’t getting to him at all, actually. My response to that nonsense: BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Service Members Pictured Wearing Donald Trump-Themed Patches During USS Wasp Speech

The morale patches bore a likeness of the president alongside the slogan “Make Aircrew Great Again.” Silence from the GOP. Now if those patches had Barack Obama's likeness on them, those same Republicans would be screaming bloody murder.

I didn't know they allowed political displays on uniforms. Isn't this against regulations or is everyone looking the other way?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I didn't know they allowed political displays on uniforms. Isn't this against regulations or is everyone looking the other way?
    The dude on that patch looks more like Mitt Romney to me.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It’s been twenty-three years since I retired from the military, so I don’t know the score when it comes to what’s kosher on uniforms. Still, it wouldn’t surprise me if commanders looked the other way rather than piss off Trump who’s not above slamming ANYONE who angers him. What I want to know is if crewmen who disliked Trump were forced to wear those patches.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Of course, that won't stop abortions from happening, anybody with two working brain cells to rub together knows that. Those that can afford to will go out of state to have the procedure done, those that can't will wind up in the eager hands of back alley butchers, putting the woman's life in danger. But hey, what to pro-lifers care? They're all about saving the unborn!

I envy you. The only time I see a turtle is when I go to the Philadelphia Zoo or the Camden Aquarium.
    We have turtles in Central Park, and abortions in our Hospitals.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

It's a hatch act violation.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Invaders, Powers of X, House of X, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes: Millenium/Ongoing.

Xbox Live Gamertag:

K0SL0X

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    It's a hatch act violation.
    And against the Uniform Military Code.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks guys. There's been no statement on this from the Navy but they may still some discussions behind closed doors I imagine.

Hatch Act complaints jumped nearly 30 percent Trump's first year in office: report

During President Trump’s first year in office, formal Hatch Act complaints to the Office of Special Counsel (OSC) jumped 30 percent.

Under the Hatch Act, enacted in 1939, federal employees are barred from certain political activities, such as making partisan comments that could sway an election while using their official designations.

Navy looking into 'Make Aircrew Great Again' patches sailors wore during Trump visit

WASHINGTON — The Navy said Tuesday that it is evaluating whether sailors aboard the USS Wasp violated Defense Department policy by sporting unofficial uniform patches with the phrase “Make Aircrew Great Again” during a Memorial Day visit by President Donald Trump.

The red, circular patch featured a finger-pointing cartoon figure similar in appearance to Trump with words reminiscent of his famous campaign slogan “Make America Great Again.” Photographs of several Navy airmen aboard the warship in Japan wearing the patches circulated Tuesday on Twitter, where they were first posted by a Wall Street Journal reporter traveling with the president.

“Navy leadership is currently reviewing this instance to ensure that the wearing of the patch does not violate DOD policy or regulations,” Lt. Samuel Boyle, a Navy spokesman at the Pentagon, wrote in a single-sentence email Tuesday afternoon.

Troops across the military services have long worn unofficial insignia, known as morale patches. Often boasting humorous themes, the patches are widely available for purchase online and in military supply stores. Though such patches are officially barred by uniform regulations, they can be approved by troops’ chains of command.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh god this guy...

PRESIDENT TRUMP: So then, let me ask you a question. Catapult—right? The catapult system. Do you like electric or steam?

AUDIENCE MEMBERS: Steam!

AUDIENCE MEMBERS: Electric!

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Steam. Who said "electric"? There's one guy back there. (Laughter.) OK, I really need this information because, you know, we're building carriers. We're building one. They're using an electric catapult and an electric elevator. Number one, I can't imagine, in the case of battle—it must be very delicate, OK? And, you know, steam has only worked for about 65 years, perfectly. And I won't tell you this because it's before my time by a little bit, but they have a $900 million cost overrun on this crazy electric catapult. I said, "What was wrong with steam?" I would like to know—all of the folks that know exactly what I'm talking about, the catapult system—steam or electric? Ready? Steam. (Applause.) Electric.

AUDIENCE MEMBERS: Yeah! (Laughter.)

PRESIDENT TRUMP: He works for the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh, so that's how he plans on revitalizing the coal industry, put the navy back on the coal boiler system!