Page 147 of 667 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Or perhaps the purpose was to describe just how cruel, immoral and inhumane YOUR party is.
    That would be my guess.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Since 1981, Democrats have only had complete control of the Executive and legislative branch for four years. The party has also gotten more radical on immigration since the first two years of the Obama administration.
    I for one, speaking as someone that lurks for long stretches but still pays attention, would take your efforts at supposition and sifting for evidence of a hidden Democratic agenda a bit more seriously if you have not been dismissing concerns about Republican actions as hysteria even when they are very explicit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think it’s already been established that no matter how horrible the crime the vast majority of the GOP and its voters are going to continue to support Trump. He was absolutely correct when he said “I could shoot someone in the middle of Time Square and you’d still support me.” Conservative white America is terrified of the cultural shift taking place. Gays can get married, the hispanic population is rising at an accelerated rate, women are standing up to sexual harassment and assault, and we had a black president!!! Oh the humanity! Trump makes conservatives feel safe. He’s a white man who isn’t “PC” (but of course to them being PC means you can’t be openly racist and sexist). Trump is going to stand up to foreigners that are apparently invading their land and stop China from stealing our jobs (even though it’s big business and the US economic policy that is causing these problems).
    Its about abortion.

If you believe abortion is murder than this is likely your top issue and also likely FAR more important than any issue. So you are going to support the candidate warts and all that that will pass laws and appoint judges who will limit abortion rather than a candidate that supports baby killing.

Because the left doesn't view the unborn as life I think a lot of the left have trouble grasping just how important this topic is over everything else to much of the right. I'm sure the majority of right wingers would rather have a pro lifer like Pence as president since he isn't going to be acting like a petulant child all the time but they'll continue supporting Trump so long as he flies the anti abortion flag.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Its about abortion.

If you believe abortion is murder than this is likely your top issue and also likely FAR more important than any issue. So you are going to support the candidate warts and all that that will pass laws and appoint judges who will limit abortion rather than a candidate that supports baby killing.

Because the left doesn't view the unborn as life I think a lot of the left have trouble grasping just how important this topic is over everything else to much of the right. I'm sure the majority of right wingers would rather have a pro lifer like Pence as president since he isn't going to be acting like a petulant child all the time but they'll continue supporting Trump so long as he flies the anti abortion flag.
    dave barnhart.JPG

This could have a lot to do with it too. Just sayin'.

It's really just about the babies and not at all about control and terrorizing women.

https://www.boredpanda.com/man-photo...mpaign=organic

In scenes reminiscent of the ‘morality police’ found in groups like the Taliban, a man in Tucson, Arizona has taken it upon himself to ‘reeducate’ women who visit the local Planned Parenthood office. The vigilante pro-lifer, identified as Jordan Hart, has openly admitted to taking license plate photos of people entering the facility, so he can track them down to their homes to bring ‘awareness and truth’ about abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Open borders isn't really that scary of a position, for the first 100 years of US history there were no immigration restrictions of any kind and indeed immigration was seen as necessary to sustain the growth of the nation. Of course, that was only because most of the early immigrants were white, and the country needed them to swamp native lands with settlers and do the dirty work formerly done by slaves, all to service the grand dream of a white ethnostate in the New World. Once non-whites started showing up in any significant numbers, Congress clamped down on that right quick.

The very nature of how the USA is set up requires a constant flow of immigrants. Each wave of immigrants starts off doing the undesirable low-paying work, but their children inevitably refuse to do so and aspire to greater social status, so that new workers must be brought in from further afield. This is a product of our collective delusion that an entire country of 300+ million people can somehow all simultaneously live comfortable middle class lifestyles, and that these lifestyles are somehow sustained by our own hard work and ingenuity rather than relying on the exploitation of billions, some at home and others abroad. Once we can all admit that we are full of **** about that, then we can start talking about limiting immigration.
    That's a lot of truth right there.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 06-01-2019 at 07:32 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's really just about the babies and not at all about control and terrorizing women.

If Satan himself decided to run for President he'd preach the anti-abortion rhetoric and the Christian Right would line up to vote for him.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

I've always thought that the only difference between far right Christians and radical Muslims like the Taliban and ISIS are liberal laws that protect citizens.
    Last edited by shooshoomanjoe; 06-01-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I've always thought that the only difference between far right Christians and radical Muslims like the Taliban and ISIS are liberal laws that protect citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If there's a tyranny, it's going to be a good thing the populace is armed.
    I'm just gonna throw this out there, the breakdown of the US government would be really bad. Like, cataclysmicly bad. Tens of millions dead in the US, probably ten times that worldwide. It would be so huge that I have a hard time even imagining the fallout.
    We should do our very best to keep a situation where violently dismantling the government is necessary from ever happening in the first place.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

So evidently Facebook doxed the guy who created the fake Nancy Pelosi video and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    So evidently Facebook doxed the guy who created the fake Nancy Pelosi video and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
    I hadn't heard about this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I'm just gonna throw this out there, the breakdown of the US government would be really bad. Like, cataclysmicly bad. Tens of millions dead in the US, probably ten times that worldwide. It would be so huge that I have a hard time even imagining the fallout.
    We should do our very best to keep a situation where violently dismantling the government is necessary from ever happening in the first place.
    That's probably never going to happen, people these days have way too much to lose these days to even think about attempting a violent revolution. Even those AR-toting edgelords wouldn't dream of giving up their comfortable middle class existence to fight against some imagined threat of tyranny, if anyone still remembers when the Bundy militia took over that building in Oregon they started sending out requests for care packages right away, and as if the situation wasn't ludicrous enough, the postal service was actually delivering them.

What's much more likely is that the erratic governance of the current administration will slowly erode American credibility overseas, sapping our power and influence and thus diminishing our ability to continue extracting the resources that we depend on to sustain our lifestyle. But the degradation will be slow enough that we won't really notice it until it's too late to do anything about it, and by that point a violent revolution won't change anything anyway.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I hadn't heard about this.
    Twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1135053672071749632
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Did Gun ‘Silencer’ Make A Difference In Virginia Beach Carnage?

It could at least partially explain why survivors of the shooting said they were caught off guard and initially puzzled by what was happening. And that figures to give gun crazed nutbags bad ideas for future bloodbaths. Disturbing.

‘It Feels Like We Are Prisoners’: Migrant Children Describe Trauma At Florida Detention Center

Lawyers say the facility violates child welfare standards, and that no minor should be held at Homestead for more than 20 days. And that could well give birth to the next generation of rapists and killers Trump warned his easily frightened base about.

Extreme Abortion Bans Inspire Progressive Women To Run For Office

Women are as fired up as ever in the wake of several states passing sweeping anti-abortion laws. An unintended consequence I'm all in favor for.

Trump’s Threatened Mexican Tariffs A ‘Molotov Cocktail,’ Warns Manufacturers Group

Tariff pain is landing hardest on Trump voters. And yet, chances are those knuckleheads will vote for him again. Go figure.

Navy Acknowledges It Was Asked To ‘Minimize’ Visibility Of John McCain Warship

The request was made in preparation for President Donald Trump’s visit to Japan. In a word----pathetic! Makes me ashamed of the Navy which I gave twenty years of my life to the service.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!