Page 160 of 667 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260660 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    If you really think about it, climate scientists are only getting constantly published because climate change is such a problem. If we were to fix those problems all those scientists would be out of a job. They're willing to make that sacrifice.
    No danger of it being solved...

It always strikes me that average climate change conference consists of delegates jetting to a sunny location from all over the globe.

And staying in upmarket hotels.

Then proceeding to tell others how to cause less pollution...

The UK’s John Prescott was a master of the the great art of telling others how to make green changes..while swanning around in large chauffeur driven cars, owning several houses, travelling extensively by jet, etc, etc

I’m sure US has several candidates of its own for “green phoney of the decade”??
    Last edited by JackDaw; 06-06-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

It's hard to resist the glitz and glamour of the climatologist lifestyle. I mean, somehow most of us manage, but the temptation is always there...the thought that I could publish a paper about climate change and make millions is never far from my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

It always strikes me that average climate change conference consists of delegates jetting to a sunny location from all over the globe.

The UK’s John Prescott was a master of the the great art of telling others how to make green changes..while swanning around in large chauffeur driven cars, owning several houses, travelling extensively by jet, etc, etc

I’m sure US has several candidates of its own for “green phoney of the decade”??
    Al Gore catches hell as a "hypocrite" because he flew on planes by conservatives.

HOW DARE HE.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    It's hard to resist the glitz and glamour of the climatologist lifestyle. I mean, somehow most of us manage, but the temptation is always there...the thought that I could publish a paper about climate change and make millions is never far from my mind.
    It's all just groupies and cocaine.

One thing to consider is that more influencial people are likely to show up if it's in a nice location.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Al Gore catches hell as a "hypocrite" because he flew on planes by conservatives.

HOW DARE HE.
    If some one as committed to climate change prevention as Al G continues to fly by plane...then why should anybody else be willing to make any meaningful sacrifice to prevent climate change?

I don’t think there is any real appetite in world’s most developed countries for any change that hits own living standards. Plenty of appetite...of course...to tell less developed countries what to do.

I don’t think it will work...developing countries will regard advice as selfish and hyprocritical...and continue to use fossil fuels in increasing quantities partly because of that.

I hope I’m wrong..of course.

If some one as committed to climate change prevention as Al G continues to fly by plane...then why should anybody else be willing to make any meaningful sacrifice to prevent climate change.c
    7CA0A2A5-B492-4F9F-A05B-D1D05E904278.jpg

Your argument had me reminded of this.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Yesterday, I took a day trip to Chicago so my brother could savor in railroad photography while I... well, provided moral support, as this was sort of a compromise I made in exchange for another trip planned Saturday to go to Memphis to support our soccer club. Aside from shitty Greyhound service, which I won't get into since this is not why I'm posting, we went by the Fair Oaks Dairy Farm on I-65, which is a common tourist destination for people in Indiana and Chicagoland who want to see where milk comes from or gawk at cows, which I know sounds boring, but it does make lucrative money since there's nothing in the area besides a wind farm for miles around.

Yesterday, this happened.

Fair Oaks Farms under investigation for animal abuse claims

Look; I'm familiar with the idea of removing the calves from their mothers early on in dairy farms as the dairy cows are being used to manufacture milk wholesale, and the calves are going to be raised quickly to grow more dairy cows. That said; wow! I'm a guy who gives groups like PeTA and other similar agencies grief for being full of bull and I bear no bones about that stance, but still... slamming these things around because they aren't responding the way you want them isn't how they aren't going to be feeding. The agency who did the investigation will release a full video of their findings tomorrow.

As a result, they're going to lose a lot of tourism and many grocery stores are pulling Fairlife Dairy products, which is made by them, which certainly makes the Coca-Cola Company very unhappy.

House Democrats To Make It Easier To Find Trump Aides In Contempt, Bring Them To Court
    The House will also more forward with enforcing subpoenas against Attorney General William Barr and ex-White House counsel Don McGahn.

Some people will sleep less easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    7CA0A2A5-B492-4F9F-A05B-D1D05E904278.jpg

Your argument had me reminded of this.
    Does it?

Why?

You surely aren’t casting Al G as a hard working son of the soil being unfairly criticised by some intellectual?!!?
    Last edited by JackDaw; 06-06-2019 at 02:35 PM.

BANNED

If some one as committed to climate change prevention as Al G continues to fly by plane...then why should anybody else be willing to make any meaningful sacrifice to prevent climate change?

I don’t think there is any real appetite in world’s most developed countries for any change that hits own living standards. Plenty of appetite...of course...to tell less developed countries what to do.

I don’t think it will work...developing countries will regard advice as selfish and hyprocritical...and continue to use fossil fuels in increasing quantities partly because of that.

How long would it take to Sail between continents? Since in your opinion he'd be a hypocrite to ride on a plane that would be flying with or without him, how many weeks of their life should anyone give up for that ideal?

Or can you prove he owns his own jet/is the only one flying in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    How long would it take to Sail between continents? Since in your opinion he'd be a hypocrite to ride on a plane that would be flying with or without him, how many weeks of their life should anyone give up for that ideal?

Or can you prove he owns his own jet/is the only one flying in them?
    Ships actually pollute a lot. A lot. They have horrible gas mileage and create more human waste.
    One of the big cruise lines just got fined, again, for dumping tons of trash into the ocean, again.

Does it?

Why?

You surely aren’t casting Al G as a hard working son of the soil being unfairly criticised by some intellectual?!!?
    Don't conservatives get tired of repeating their ridiculous talking points.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

D-Day was the beginning of the end for Germany's white supremacists and to celebrate this historical date trump sits down to be interviewed with a known white supremacist, Laura Ingraham

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...183255267.html

Because Al Gore isn't saying you shouldn't fly in a plane. He's saying power plants dumping hundreds of thousands of tons of C02 into the atmosphere each day for years is changing the worlds climate.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    D-Day was the beginning of the end for Germany's white supremacists and to celebrate this historical date trump sits down to be interviewed with a known white supremacist, Laura Ingraham

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...183255267.html
    Laura Ingraham, famous for having given the Nazi salute at the RNC.