Page 161 of 479 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 7183
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's true and Ivanka and his sons are with him on this trip. With her being a fashionista and all that, why didn't she tell him? It's embarrassing to see the POTUS show up at these state dinners looking like he got his tux from Costco or something
    Kirby101 is right, NOBODY has the balls to tell Trump he looks like a comically ill dressed rube, not Melania, not his kids, not his aides, no one! On top of that, I suspect if someone did have the nerve to break the bad news to Trump, he wouldn’t believe them.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Parkland deputy who failed to confront school shooter arrested on 11 criminal charges

Scot Peterson, the former Broward Sheriff’s deputy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland, has been criminally charged for failing to confront a gunman who methodically shot and killed 17 students and staffers, state authorities said Tuesday.

The 56-year-old ex-deputy was arrested Tuesday on 11 charges — including child neglect, culpable negligence and perjury — for his role in the massacre that shocked the United States, galvanized gun-control activism and led to changes in Florida’s law.

Peterson, who has long insisted he acted properly, faces nearly 100 years in prison if convicted.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

Yeah, he acted proper all right....a proper coward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Jeez how did not one person tell him hey you look like an ass get some clothes that fit. I suppose they are probably afraid of what he may do if they rock the boat, but if he had any real friends someone would have been like common dude hit the tailor before you go out in that.
    He doesn't have real friends

Astonishing Member

I'm not really a fan of him getting charged. I get that it's his job, but it's a dangerous as fuck precedent to say you are going to convict someone for not going into a dangerous situation. Fire him and strip of his pension for inability to due his duty. Convicting him of criminals acts is a step too far. Also I can see it causing an issue with certain trigger happy cops

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I'm not really a fan of him getting charged. I get that it's his job, but it's a dangerous as fuck precedent to say you are going to convict someone for not going into a dangerous situation. Fire him and strip of his pension for inability to due his duty. Convicting him of criminals acts is a step too far. Also I can see it causing an issue with certain trigger happy cops
    While I’ve thought the guy was an abject coward, I agree that he didn’t need to be charged. He won’t admit it publicly, but I’d be surprised if he isn’t living daily with the guilt over his inaction and will take same to his grave, so the prospect of prison on top of that would be overkill.

iMan 42s

There is a balance.
    As an officer you have to approach the job with the expectation you are going to get injured or killed in the line of duty. Going in you have to accept that you are an enforcer of the law, you are not invincible. You enforce laws and as such are the local guard to protect the citizenry and are equipped to do so. Bare bones that is what a cop does. A cop is required and is bound by that very law they uphold to protect the people and their better interests. That is also why they carry a gun. Sometimes the unthinkable has to be done in the interest of saving lives, and as the guardians of our community they must commit violent acts knowing that they can be killed if it means they save those under threat. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

Failure to protect the community is one thing. Sometimes a situation is so far outside the grasp of our enforcers that they can't save everybody or anybody at all. But failure to act in any capacity is denying the purpose of their training and oath to the people. Police are our guardians and should they fail to act accordingly with their duty they fail the community oftentimes with disastrous consequences. It's the difference between acting and failing and no action at all. Failing someone in the line of duty implies the officer did what they could, failure to act is negligence on behalf of the people they serve.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

As of May 29, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement has stopped covering the cost of education and recreation for unaccompanied minors, according to officials in Yolo County, Calif.
    https://twitter.com/PatrickMichels/s...59018999046146

Don't worry. Everything is totally fine with our migrant policies.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    While I’ve thought the guy was an abject coward, I agree that he didn’t need to be charged. He won’t admit it publicly, but I’d be surprised if he isn’t living daily with the guilt over his inaction and will take same to his grave, so the prospect of prison on top of that would be overkill.
    Politely disagree with a git of this.

Even if I'm on the fence about the charges when it comes to his actions that day, he absolutely deserves the perjury charge/count.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely disagree with a git of this.

Even if I'm on the fence about the charges when it comes to his actions that day, he absolutely deserves the perjury charge/count.
    I agree with this, but I would also think prosecutors shouldn't charge him with the other stuff. When prosecutors go forward with any specific charge, they should believe the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If that's not the case, there's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Kirby101 is right, NOBODY has the balls to tell Trump he looks like a comically ill dressed rube, not Melania, not his kids, not his aides, no one! On top of that, I suspect if someone did have the nerve to break the bad news to Trump, he wouldn’t believe them.
    I think it might also be that some in Trump's administration like seeing him look the fool. I can almost see some intern about to tell him and Kelly Anne Conway holds him back, saying "Nobody tell him."
    Last edited by Malvolio; 06-04-2019 at 11:19 PM.

For some reason I can't shake the thought that the reason he is being charged is for busting the "good guy with a gun" myth.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

White Supremacists Keep Beating The Federal Government In Court

The latest setback in a domestic terrorism-related case shows how much tougher it is for the feds to prosecute neo-Nazis than Muslim extremists. Well, it sure doesn't hurt that Muslim extremists are seen by whites as more in the way of bad guys thanks to 9/11.

Adam Schiff Calls William Barr ‘Second Most Dangerous Man In The Country’

The House Intelligence Committee chair said the attorney general is “willing to dissemble” and “has the veneer of respectability to camouflage what he’s doing.” It's no secret Droopy Dog Barr is shitting on democratic norms to protect Trump.

Republicans Are Angry About Trump’s Tariffs. Will They Do Anything About It?

Some GOP senators are warning the president he could face a veto override on his trade plans for Mexico. They can warn all they want, at the end of the day, those gutless cowards will obediently fall in line and give Trump their blessings on his tariffs. You know it, I know it, EVERYONE knows it.

Alabama Mayor Advocates For ‘Killing’ Of LGBTQ Community On Facebook

Carbon Hill Mayor Mark Chambers issued an apology claiming his remarks inciting violence were “taken out of context.” Well, golly gee whillickers, isn't that ALWAYS the case when Republicans say disgusting shit, then get called out for what they said?

Trump Defends Transgender Troop Ban With Bogus Claim About ‘Massive’ Cost Of Drugs

“I’m proud of them, but you have to have a standard,” the president said in an interview with Piers Morgan in London. Considering the 2019 U.S. defense budget is said to be close to ONE BILLION DOLLARS, Trump's claim is pure bullshit.

Amid London protests, Trump appears in denial over his standing abroad

It was an uncomfortable spectacle for an American president — thousands of protesters greeting his arrival in London for a state visit with the queen.

For President George W. Bush, the moment called for a direct response.

“The last noted American to visit London stayed in a glass box dangling over the Thames,” Bush said at Whitehall Palace in November 2003, referring to a recent stunt by illusionist David Blaine. “A few might have been happy to provide similar arrangements for me.”

Bush’s stab at self-deprecation did not spare him — in Britain or elsewhere — from withering criticism over the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq that year. But his response to the public dissent — acknowledging that the war was unpopular and attempting to rebut his critics — stands in sharp contrast to President Trump’s reaction to thousands of demonstrators who have taken to the streets during his three-day state visit to London this week.

Instead of recognizing the public’s expressions of anger, which included a 20-foot-tall, diaper-clad “Trump baby” blimp flying above Parliament Square, the 45th president has adopted a different tactic — denial.
    “I heard there were protests,” Trump said during a news conference with British Prime Minister Theresa May on Tuesday. “I said, ‘Where are the protests?’ I don’t see any protests. I did see a small protest today when I came — very small. So a lot of it is fake news, I hate to say.”

Trump’s efforts to minimize opposition to his presidency on the first stop of a week-long tour of three European nations represented his latest attempt to misrepresent his public standing and rewrite perceptions about the popularity of his agenda — an effort that began on his first week in office, when a White House spokesman argued, against evidence, that the president had the largest inauguration crowd in history.

The president’s claims in London were just as easily proved false. After the news conference, CNN aired footage of the demonstrators, including a giant Trump robot sitting on a toilet and repeating two of his catchphrases: “Fake news” and “witch hunt.” On social media, photos circulated of protesters holding signs reading “Trump climate disaster,” “Don’t attack Iran” and “Trump, you are a mind-bending [expletive] human being.”

Organizers estimated that 75,000 people turned out for the demonstrations.

To Trump’s critics, the display showcased a president refusing to come to grips with the reality that he remains deeply unpopular around the world and that perceptions of U.S. global leadership have plummeted during his 2˝ years in office. Although Trump has expressed support for Britain’s decision to exit the European Union, his stances on Iran, climate change and other matters have been met with widespread opposition.
    This is what happens when you have a president who's so consumed by his ego and pride, who's so ridiculously thin-skinned and temperamental that he can't, or rather, refuses to accept the fact that he's practically an international pariah. And that's a status all of his own making.

On the transgender troop ban...

Yes, Donald Trump loves our military so much he repeatedly dodged the draft for bone spurs he doesn't have, insults war hero POWs for "getting captured", attacks Gold Star families for supporting his opponents, demands sailors hide what ship they're on, tells war widows that "they knew what their husbands signed up for", tries to ban transgender troops for the armed services, and oh, by the way, we have just learned that his prenuptial marriage agreement with Marla Maples specified that if any children Donald Trump had plans to join the military, he would halt child support payments towards them.

That last one... that is a VERY specific thing to declare as a way to void caring about your kid. "Sign up to serve and protect this nation?!? F*** YOU, I AIN'T PAYIN' IF YOU'RE NOT MY LITTLE CHESS PIECE!"

Trump remains an embarrassment, and a mentally ill one at that.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.