Page 168 of 667 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 10005

Speaking of anti-choice fanatics... I've covered Georgia State Senator Renee Untermann before... she's the sponsor of Georgia's own fetal heartbeat bill at the moment, and is trying to parlay her extremism into a run for actual Congress in 2020. This would be the same Renee Untermann who unilaterally blocked legislation that would have assured collected samples from rape kits would be tested, for no reason, and then lied and claimed no backlog existed.

The Republican Party... truly elevating its best.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Trump hits Comcast, MSNBC over 'hatred,' 'fake news'

Was wondering when he was going to do this, so predicable

President Trump went after Comcast and various news networks late Saturday, accusing the media companies of reporting "lies" and claiming Comcast of showing "hatred."

"Watched MSNBC this morning just to see what the opposition was saying about events of the past week," Trump tweeted.

"Such lies, almost everything they were saying was the opposite of the truth" he wrote. "Fake News! No wonder their ratings, along with CNN, are WAY DOWN. The hatred Comcast has is amazing!"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Speaking of anti-choice fanatics... I've covered Georgia State Senator Renee Untermann before... she's the sponsor of Georgia's own fetal heartbeat bill at the moment, and is trying to parlay her extremism into a run for actual Congress in 2020. This would be the same Renee Untermann who unilaterally blocked legislation that would have assured collected samples from rape kits would be tested, for no reason, and then lied and claimed no backlog existed.

The Republican Party... truly elevating its best.
    /o Everything is awful....

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump hits Comcast, MSNBC over 'hatred,' 'fake news'

Was wondering when he was going to do this, so predicable
    Trump is so ignorant. Him blaming Comcast is like blaming the mailman for bringing you bad mail or something. They are mostly just the delivery system. Why not blame Verizon or Direct TV too for producing fake news too?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Ted Cruz came to the defense of Steven Crowler on YouTube, saying the video platform was unfairly targeting him and conservatives.

Just a reminder, this is the person Cruz came to the defense of.

These conservative "comedians" are just so sad, there's barely an attempt at an actual joke here. I suppose this is what happens inside the right wing bubble though, if you don't have to try very hard to get laughs (or dollars), you simply won't.

You don't have to be funny if you're just hating the same people your audience wants you to. The cruelty is the point.

How the fuck is this shit legal?!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-abortion-bans

So to sum up, in a state with approaching 10 million people, with a democratic governor, in which in the last election voters voted overwhelming democrat. If conservatives can get 34,000 people to sign on to a petition (approximately 4% of an electorate) they can get a veto proof ban on abortions after 6 weeks, despite our state being 54% pro choice?!

The system is fucked! And Republicans, and those that support them don't give a shit about democracy!
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 06-08-2019 at 08:43 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...texas-poll/amp

Wow a Quinnipiac poll shows Biden leading Trump in Texas.

Yeah. I think a lot of people who understandably don't like Biden due to his traditional democratic centrism are underestimating just how well liked Biden generally is.

Do I want him as president? No. But I wouldn't mind him as president, especially if we can get a democratic senate and crush Trump.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yeah. I think a lot of people who understandably don't like Biden due to his traditional democratic centrism are underestimating just how well liked Biden generally is.

Do I want him as president? No. But I wouldn't mind him as president, especially if we can get a democratic senate and crush Trump.
    It's not that people are such ideological purists that they reject the idea of Biden as president out of principle, it's just that the Democrats have been trying to move right to appeal to swing voters for the last decade and have repeatedly gotten trounced even when the odds looked heavily stacked in their favor. The Republicans aren't winning because America actually likes conservative policies, they're winning because of their slow motion takeover of local government, gerrymandering, and packing the courts, and trying to appease them by nominating moderates won't do anything to counter that.

Personally, Biden just feels like a dinosaur since his aw shucks, Uncle Joe demeanor seems to fit more in the 80s or 90s, and voters want someone with more substance to take the lead. Now the problem is that the issues candidates like Warren or Sanders don't have the personal charisma that Biden does, but then again to a lot of younger and minority voters they're all just a bunch of old white farts whom only other old white farts can relate to anyway. This whole 2020 field just has me depressed. #AOC2028

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It's not that people are such ideological purists that they reject the idea of Biden as president out of principle, it's just that the Democrats have been trying to move right to appeal to swing voters for the last decade and have repeatedly gotten trounced even when the odds looked heavily stacked in their favor. The Republicans aren't winning because America actually likes conservative policies, they're winning because of their slow motion takeover of local government, gerrymandering, and packing the courts, and trying to appease them by nominating moderates won't do anything to counter that.

Personally, Biden just feels like a dinosaur since his aw shucks, Uncle Joe demeanor seems to fit more in the 80s or 90s, and voters want someone with more substance to take the lead. Now the problem is that the issues candidates like Warren or Sanders don't have the personal charisma that Biden does, but then again to a lot of younger and minority voters they're all just a bunch of old white farts whom only other old white farts can relate to anyway. This whole 2020 field just has me depressed. #AOC2028
    We keep talking about what voters want when it's not in evidence that voters /don't/ want Biden, given his commandng lead in the primaries and his early lead on Trump in the polls that test these things. We're a microsm and Biden is up 50 or 60 points in South Carolina primary. We can't say that it's 'just' name recognition. I'm not in disagreement about Dems occupying rightwards spaces abandoned by an ever more extreme Republican party and Biden is hardly my ideal candidate, that space is reserved for Warren of the people running, but he appeals to a wide swath of voters as polling sits right now. I mean, shit, Quinnipac has him beating Trump in Texas. /Texas/.

I don't think Biden is the right man for the monumental challenges the human race is going to face going forward but the answer is to stop thinking of the presidency so much and focus more on taking back local governments and congressional power.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-09-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    We keep talking about what voters want when it's not in evidence that voters /don't/ want Biden, given his commandng lead in the primaries. We're a microsm and Biden is up 50 or 60 points in South Carolina and we can't say that it's 'just' name recognition. I'm not, I'm not in disagreement about Dems occupying rightwards spaces abandoned by an ever more extreme Republican party and Biden is hardly my ideal candidate, but he appeals to a wide swath of voters.
    This is just a gut thing, but I get the sense that Biden is polling well among people who see him as the only sane candidate in a sea of left wing loonies, but these people are probably more likely to stay home or even vote Trump on election day anyway. As the saying goes, Republicans fall in line and Democrats fall in love, and I just don't think people love Biden like that.

This is just a gut thing, but I get the sense that Biden is polling well among people who see him as the only sane candidate in a sea of left wing loonies, but these people are probably more likely to stay home or even vote Trump on election day anyway. As the saying goes, Republicans fall in line and Democrats fall in love, and I just don't think people love Biden like that.
    Or maybe he's very connected to the very popular Obama presidency. A lot of folks aren't gonna forget who stood by Obama as torrents of racism were hurled at him. Say what you want but Joe was there. Add in the Onionification of Biden and you've got a recipe for a guy who's image is pretty defined, popular, and enduring, even if Joe Biden the Myth isn't Joe Biden the candidate.

We shouldn't see the presidency as the be-all, end-all for a progressive policy agenda, however. That is congress. All we need is a guy who'll sign most of our legislation and not nominate right wing loonies to the Supreme Court.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...texas-poll/amp

Wow a Quinnipiac poll shows Biden leading Trump in Texas.
    Soundly, at that. All of the top 5 Democratic candidates poll either ahead of, or are in a virtual dead heat with Trump... in TEXAS.

Now imagine that the economists predicting a recession is about to come full force in the next 12-16 months and have the data showing things are trending down... predict what happens then. Because history says it means a one-term presidency.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

He's the most popular politician in America.